Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first 45 mins against Newcastle Edin was back to his Wolfsburg-esque best, shame he didn't get a goal for it to be honest. 2nd half though he fell away and was pretty poor, if he can keep up that 1st half display for all the match then there's no reason he can't be starting most of the season

I truly hope City's fans are not worried about Edin's FINISHING (for the fact that he had an off day the other night in scoring department)???

I mean - that's one thing he was always excellent at in his entire career (Wolfsburg, Bosnian NT, City...)...

Newcastle just wasnt his night scoring-wise, and it was damn obvious. On any other given night that would've been a hattrick for him (I'm counting the header Krul saved, long distance shot Krul saved, and turning in one of the other few half-chances/headers he had).

People also acting like he missed bunch of sitters - which is utter garbage (other than the first header, which WAS a sitter and Edin should've done better).

Other situations were not even close to "sitters".

I can see a big season coming up for him.

EaglesFan said:
I truly hope City's fans are not worried about Edin's FINISHING (for the fact that he had an off day the other night in scoring department)???

I mean - that's one thing he was always excellent at in his entire career (Wolfsburg, Bosnian NT, City...)...

Newcastle just wasnt his night scoring-wise, and it was damn obvious. On any other given night that would've been a hattrick for him (I'm counting the header Krul saved, long distance shot Krul saved, and turning in one of the other few half-chances/headers he had).

People also acting like he missed bunch of sitters - which is utter garbage (other than the first header, which WAS a sitter and Edin should've done better).

Other situations were not even close to "sitters".

I can see a big season coming up for him.
Honestly no, I'm not worried about his scoring at all. He gave maximum effort for the team and that's wonderful. In other circumstances, I might worry that much effort detracted from his scoring efforts, but watching the game I think he was fine. Just a combination of unlucky, Krul having a great night, and honestly a couple he should have put away better. So probably a score of 90/100 for me. That's still superb by the way.

I think this thread is on a never ending loop, no doubt in a couple of years we will be back to the start so that we can repeat the whole process. :-)

pominoz said:
truebluetoronto said:
Great game to watch for a total team performance. Very pleased for Edin, Pellegrinihas faith in him, and he will work well together with any of the other players who provide him with service.
Edin is one of Eorope's best strikers as he proved scoring 4 at Tottenham, and Mancini rewarded him by dropping him for the next game.
At Wolfsburg he helped them win the league. Watch him go now with better service and a wider formation.

Will this crap never end?

No just like the fact its incorrect to begin with

Train said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hreWyZIQqr4[/youtube]
Shame he didn't score, beautiful performance. Two or three of those chances were just great saves, unlucky slip as well. Well deserved MOTM. The entire team played well, even Lescott (despite that one mistake).

I think players like Dzeko and Lescott who have spent a lot of time on the bench will only get better with more playing time. And since I am fully confident we will go far in Europe, there will be plenty of time to be played.

Wasn't good from a goal scoring standpoint, but never have I seen such a hungry performance from Dzeko.

More of that and we're laughing for the rest of the season.

Blueper said:
So stat means nothing when he scores but matters when he doesn't score?
Stats do matter. How many clear cut scoring chances did he create for others? How many defensive clearances did he have (last year he had a whopping 17)? How many headers won? How many tackles did he have? Shots on target? How many successful forward passes?

In the right context stats are very telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.