Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
noise said:
Jumanji said:
Whilst I agreed that the Goat would've had a field day, it's a stretch to call Dzeko's performance 'poor'.

At times he was pretty much doing Silva's job and I didn't see that sort of link up play from Kun.
Just a stretch, you think?
We know you're a Dzeko lover, but no need to own this thread. Judging from your overzealousness and that 90% of your posts are in this thread, probably a Bosniak.

And, yes, a stretch will do.
Haven't heard that before. Judging by your posts, probably a moron.

Gelsons Dad said:
How many of the 8 chances would Goater have scored? or Diko?
He had a poor game for a striker and I don't get what this Dzeko hysteria is about.

It seems like it will be never enough whatever Dzeko does to some people. He plays very well team wins, but doesn't score and he's had a stinker. He scores 1/2 goals but doesn't contribute much else wise, and he still has a stinker...

It's kind of funny because ohhh about 3 months ago was it?

People were complaining this guy doesn't run, he doesn't give effort, he doesn't come back and play on defense, he doesn't contribute to the overall play of the team. Goes into NC and runs, gives effort, goes and plays on D, aggressive, persistent, contributed to 2 goals and now people are saying "Well, with 8 chances he should have scored." Yeah, maybe he should have, but you know what? Fuck you guys, we won 4 - 0. I'm happy we put 4 past NC, I have nothing to complain about or single anyone out. The only drag of the game was VK going down.

Haterz gonna hatez. Trollz gonna trollz.

noise said:
pudge said:
Easy to get carried away on here.

If you wish to balance it, which I doubt many wish to, he had the lowest passing completion of our outfield players and failed to score 8 chances not including the one when he fell down in the box. That header was as bad a miss as it was a good save before anyone brings it up.

I've said he played well in other aspects and is showing good signs but many are acting like he walked on water Monday night, a little perspective would be nice as it's only 1 game.
This is such a shit post. He was by far the best player on the pitch. Nice troll though.
Expalin how that's a 'shit' post?

You love your stats, and its a fact that he had the worst pass completion outside of Hart.

Its a fact he had 8 shots on goal, more than he's ever had in a game for City, and failed to score. Some easier than others, fair enough.

Its a fact he fell over when played through for what would have been a 9th shot on goal.

But what is a "nice troll" is those who for months claimed "running around like a headless chicken" like the "golden midgets do" doesn't matter, it's about scoring goals....

All of a sudden that's changed too.

I've said he held the ball up well, brought others into it, showed for the ball and played well in certain aspects. I've also stated negative aspects of his game which are facts, sorry if it hurts you to see it. If you don't wish to discuss what you feel is wrong about my post then don't bother replying.

One game into the season and he's being sucked off at the hinge end, sorry for bringing reality to the table

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
It's kind of funny because ohhh about 3 months ago was it?

People were complaining this guy doesn't run, he doesn't give effort, he doesn't come back and play on defense, he doesn't contribute to the overall play of the team. Goes into NC and runs, gives effort, goes and plays on D, aggressive, persistent, contributed to 2 goals and now people are saying "Well, with 8 chances he should have scored." Yeah, maybe he should have, but you know what? Fuck you guys, we won 4 - 0. I'm happy we put 4 past NC, I have nothing to complain about or single anyone out. The only drag of the game was VK going down.

Haterz gonna hatez. Trollz gonna trollz.

Are you a yank, by any chance?

I said after the game that he played very well, the point is where was this player for the last couple of years?
He has it in him, but only if the boss gives him a big kiss every night. The guy is a very well paid, professional athlete, but will put in half arsed efforts if the boss does give him a cuddle.
I hope he continues the way he played on Monday, but god help us if he gets dropped for whatever reason.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
Easy to get carried away on here.

If you wish to balance it, which I doubt many wish to, he had the lowest passing completion of our outfield players and failed to score 8 chances not including the one when he fell down in the box. That header was as bad a miss as it was a good save before anyone brings it up.

I've said he played well in other aspects and is showing good signs but many are acting like he walked on water Monday night, a little perspective would be nice as it's only 1 game.
This is such a shit post. He was by far the best player on the pitch. Nice troll though.

You love your stats, and its a fact that he had the worst pass completion outside of Hart.

Its a fact he had 8 shots on goal, more than he's ever had in a game for City, and failed to score. Some easier than others, fair enough.

Its a fact he fell over when played through for what would have been a 9th shot on goal.

But what is a "nice troll" is those who for months claimed "running around like a headless chicken" like the "golden midgets do" doesn't matter, it's about scoring goals....

I've said he held the ball up well, brought others into it, showed for the ball and played well in certain aspects. I've also stated negative aspects of his game which are facts, sorry if it hurts you to see it. If you don't wish to discuss what you feel is wrong about my post then don't bother replying.
No one ever claimed Dzeko had the best pass completion, ever. He is the most forward player. I've said in the past his pass completion is not as bad as everyone claims, but never called it good, he had some amazing passes in that game though, that cross to Aguero and the flick for the Aguero goal was world class. What makes your post shit, is that the entire last season you're dismissing stats which prove Dzeko's contribution and the one game in which he doesn't score in, but works his butt off and deservedly gets a MOTM without scoring a goal (as a striker)...

You're cherry picking stats out to prove that he's not as great as the praise he's receiving. Hypocrisy galore.

I've said it's a shame he didn't core, no striker can score every game, RVP had a 9 game scoreless drought and finished most prolific striker of the last season.

Keep shitting on Dzeko though, you will be eating crow this season I guarantee it.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

No one ever claimed Dzeko had the best pass completion, ever. He is the most forward player. I've said in the past his pass completion is not as bad as everyone claims, but never called it good, he had some amazing passes in that game though, that cross to Aguero and the flick for the Aguero goal was world class. What makes your post shit, is that the entire last season you're dismissing stats which prove Dzeko's contribution and the one game in which he doesn't score in, but works his butt off and deservedly gets a MOTM without scoring a goal (as a striker)...

You're cherry picking stats out to prove that he's not as great as the praise he's receiving. Hypocrisy galore.

I've said it's a shame he didn't core, no striker can score every game, RVP had a 9 game scoreless drought and finished most prolific striker of the last season.

Keep shitting on Dzeko though, you will be eating crow this season I guarantee it.
Cherry picking stats, what others are there really to choose from? Passing and goals scored and assists (2 which I've given credit for)

Also, again you are caught up in misconceptions. If you can point me to me disregarding of stats that "prove his worth" then go for it.

That lie, with no attempt to back it up, is trolling. Nice attempt though.

Don't see how anything I've said is "shitting" on him, pretty spot on as I'm using facts to be fair.

After one game, in which he failed to score 8 chances, people are saying he's gonna be the leagues top scorer. After one game he's an entirely new player..

What's wrong with having perspective and patience? Does that make me a troll? If you say so.

As for deservedly MOTM, that's debatable too, but not in your eyes I imagine.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

Cherry picking stats, what others are there really to choose from? Passing and goals scored and assists (2 which I've given credit for)

Also, again you are caught up in misconceptions. If you can point me to me disregarding of stats that "prove his worth" then go for it.

That lie, with no attempt to back it up, is trolling. Nice attempt though.

Don't see how anything I've said is "shitting" on him, pretty spot on as I'm using facts to be fair.
How many defensive clearances did he have, how many clear cut chances did he create, how successful was his pressing? Creativity? You're digging for a way to deride his performance.. which was in the eyes of many one of his best performances in a City shirt, according to many even better than the record breaking 4 vs. Spurs.

It's not just one match either, Dzeko's been on fire since Mancini got canned. Post-seasons friendlies, pre-season and the first game of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.