Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarajevoice said:
gmckennasell said:
Dzeko has had plenty of chances , Pellegrini gave him confidence at the beginning of the season , by saying he was first choice etc , and he has not taken his chance Dzeko is a selfish player who plays to raise his own profile , he is not a team player , he does not chase a lost cause , when he loses the ball , he makes no effort to regain possession , and when he gets the slightest touch from the opposing centre half , he goes down easily and then moans to the referee.
Get rid of him , the £25m fee , would buy a great right sided centre back as cover for our injury prone skipper , and i would give lopes and guidetti a chance to shine .

Selfish player is Tevez and/or Aguero.
Center striker is not a player in position to pass frequent balls to other players 'cose that's not what is expected of him. He should be getting balls from other players like Silva and/or Aguero and score. Now, for that he needs to play (more). Just look at the stats of how many minutes he played - when introduced 'cold' of the bench and how many goals did he score for F sakes.
I sure hope he goes anywhere else ..gets a real chance and becomes the top scorer as he was in Bundeslilga

Your idealistic view on football in general is the problem.
You have a set idea in your head of how football is played and it's bullshit.
A striker has to be able more than score goals, just as a winger needs to be able to do more than run and cross.
A goalkeeper needs to be able to do more than just stop shots and catch the ball etc.
Dzeko can score goals, but he doesn't help with build up play anywhere near enough and so he doesn't get as many chances because the build up play is left up to the other 9 players on the pitch, with Dzeko only able to finish. Negredo helps with build up play, he works hard and most importantly he actually gives a fuck about helping the club. Dzeko only plays for himself.

I cannot understand the extreme negativity that some feels about Dzeko; he has proved his worth by scoring for us, a number of such goals were very important in our recent history.
The lad is still here, can still score and take note that the season is still long; we will require all our forwards, especially if Pellegrini will stick with 2 strikers.

He is a confidence type of player, and his state of mind is sadly reflected in his play; he started the season with fire, but was missing a goal to keep it burning.
Hopefully, as the season pans out; pellegrini will figure out how to handle and maintain Dzeko's level of confidence and focus.

Also, who knows, maybe Jovetic will prove to be the perfect partner for Dzeko; imagine the attacking luxury and options, we will be having, if this comes true!!

We are blessed to have our current attacking force; many, if not all, of the PL teams' fans would love to have Dzeko in their team....

Firstly I do not wish to get embroiled in the row between those who think Edin good or bad. In my opinion you can only judge a player over time, that said if a player is struggling for form you learn an awful lot about him. Edin last night got himself into a great position to finish CSKA off only to waste two golden opportunities. This happens but what was telling for me was his reaction which was poor - he clearly sees himself as king pin but at the moment (and that can change anytime) Negrado and Aguero are way ahead as a partnership. The pass for the third goal last night was incredible and it's a shame that more was not made of it. Certainly if you were to ask Sergio he would confirm that. Edin is a great striker but has to realise that talent alone is not enough and in a goldfish bowl arena such as football every shrug or slumping shoulders tells a story. As a fan I would be really happy for him to stay and continue contributing (which he has done many times) but I really would like to see him bring his obvious nice personality onto the pitch consistently. If not I believe he will be sold and will probably score goals somewhere else.

No one is without flaws but to not acknowledge it, is plain benightedness. Total objectivity is a chimera but fans should make it a point to critically analyse a player or a game.

Dwelling on the past only blinds you to the future. The only thing constant is change and at Manchester City, it is vital for a player like Dzeko to adapt quickly or face elimination as the utmost consequence. No one wants that to happen to any City player but this is the sad truth.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

I have seen Edin over 3 yrs nearly now-in the flesh..not on tv,internet streams etc

Don't give a fuck what people think. He is fucking shite. for the reasons I have previously listed. If this is the guy we have to rely on should Negredo or Aguero gets injured then we are in the mire.

There you go,I have said it. Thanks for the 4 goals at Spurs and the header against QPR. If this justifies your wages,transfer fee then so be it but that is the only memory I have of Edin doing anything positive.
People talk about showing him respect etc. Pretty ironic really because every time he pulls on a shirt recently his respect for it has been sadly lacking in all areas.

he looked promising at the beginning of the season. i think he knows that negredo is better. he might have stopped trying to compete with him.

its up to him to put in his shift when called up, if he doesn't, his career with manchester city will be over.

if we can sell him in January for a cool £10 million, we should do that.

Sarajevoice said:
gmckennasell said:
Sarajevoice said:
He is simply not good enough.- He has proven to be a great scorer for City unlike Negredo who has shown F all

First touch.Never seems to control it closely,the ball always bounces off him 2-3 yards giving the opponent a chance to challenge him - Show me the forward in City or anywhere else that scores with his head the way Dzeko does and is great at handling the ball like Xavi or Iniesta...Strenghts of a striker differ from player to player.

Heading. I have never seen a big centre forward win so few headers in a one on one aerial challenge. - This is a complete nonsense 'cose he comes of the bench cold and you want him to run like the rest of the team... He was scoring miracle goals for the City long enough coming of the bench cold - the player has to play, build confidence and score ..starting of occasional game(s) 10-15 minutes before the end of the game is bull@*

Goalscoring-No one can argue with his goals for city but being a striker is more than just that in the modern game,surely.
Desire-Never seen a city player with so little desire on the pitch,his body language is all wrong.It is like he doesn't want to be here.His challenge yesterday on the edge of our box was utterly disgraceful.To just stick a leg out half heartedly-pathetic.
- See my prevous comment. He does not play the last game or is introduced 10- 20 min before the end of the game... not to mention that Negredo did F all and he is playing a starter ..that is how you F your players. Dzeko was saving City continously w Tevez was an idoit that he was, but he was playing and with the minutes he played altogether he was scoring every F time.. and all you forget that.

Urgency - Strolling around the pitch as he does is just not good enough.He has to want to be a better player and succeed. - think about the points I'm making.

Blame - He blamed Mancini for not loving him enough.Pellegrini has put his arm around him yet there is no change in his attitude. - What sort of games are you watching he's not starting the games and is continously introduced late(r) or never..and Mancini never put a team together in the first place and Pellegrini brough Navas and Negredo as he's building the Spanish style of the team - the only one he knows. The problem here is that this is not a Spain....

Conversion of chances - The 2 sitters he missed yesterday summed it up.Not sure what his stats are percentage wise but the fan boys will be all over it I am sure. - Right - easy for you to say that sitting in front of a TV screen and as for the fan boys you mention they should check the states minutes he was introduced late(r) and number of goals he scored. he was the top goal scorer in Bundesliga where players run more that they will ever run in PL but he was playing every game.

The future for Edin IMO - Sell in Jan if poss or summer and get a world class replacement in.
I F-in hope so, because he is a great guy and he scores when he's given a chance and a respect he deserves - He was the second highest scorer of the W Cup qualifiers this year..'cose he played some games. The City needs to identify what kind of a striker do they need and what kind of a team they want to be....and finally build a team that will play together without trying new things every other game.... learn a thing or two from Bayern or Mourinho.

Finally, I was not trying to offend anyone here but to offer a different perspective ...I really respect Milner - great guy...:).

I have no doubt dzeko shows great passion and aggression when playing for your country , but i watch him most weeks when i get to the games , and he doesnt show any passion for our club . negredo has shown he is ten times the player dzeko will ever be , technically a better player , shows a great work ethic , and doesnt complain to the referee every time a defender breathes on him , so please take your patriotic ramblings elsewhere

He was never really given the opportunity, except for the time when Tevez was not playing and he was playing and scoring quite well....how many goals did Negredo score for the club and how many minutes he played ..the stats may give you an answer and compare that to Dzeko's..
I love City and I also watch every single game and we saw what happened in w Bayern ..so good luck w great work ethic ..stats never lie
No stats do not lie, Negredo plays the team scores more, Negredo has scored 4 goals in 9 games and I could give less than a flying fuck how many minutes its over as despite scoring 4 he has probably been a big part in every other goal scored while he is on the pitch. Dzeko gets 15 minutes to fall around just so he can feel involved

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Sarajevoice said:
gmckennasell said:
I have no doubt dzeko shows great passion and aggression when playing for your country , but i watch him most weeks when i get to the games , and he doesnt show any passion for our club . negredo has shown he is ten times the player dzeko will ever be , technically a better player , shows a great work ethic , and doesnt complain to the referee every time a defender breathes on him , so please take your patriotic ramblings elsewhere

He was never really given the opportunity, except for the time when Tevez was not playing and he was playing and scoring quite well....how many goals did Negredo score for the club and how many minutes he played ..the stats may give you an answer and compare that to Dzeko's..
I love City and I also watch every single game and we saw what happened in w Bayern ..so good luck w great work ethic ..stats never lie
No stats do not lie, Negredo plays the team scores more, Negredo has scored 4 goals in 9 games and I could give less than a flying fuck how many minutes its over as despite scoring 4 he has probably been a big part in every other goal scored while he is on the pitch. Dzeko gets 15 minutes to fall around just so he can feel involved

how many goals has dzeko scored this season ??? plz it's getting beyond petty. you make it sound like he didnt score anything this season. get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.