Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
As there seems to be no desire for a new contract by either the club or Dzeko then it seems obvious to me that he will move either in January or at the end of the season.

I can't see us getting a fee above the £10-12 mill range as he is on big wages with a limited period until he is out of contract.

Surely the fact we are still talking about his form and shit first touch 2 seasons on confirms
He's not going to improve.

Has to go in January

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
Not shifting him on in the Summer when we had the chance was a big mistake. Can you imagine we had shifted him to Chelsea!? I was licking my lips at that the prospect of that deal.

Can you imagine he play for Chelsea vs. us next match and he score winner?

MP bought Negredo so he has to make sure he is doing "good" here, if you know what I mean.

noise said:
FYI Tevez was sold to Juventus for € 9M.
Not a bad deal for a 29 year old player who had handed in 2 transfer requests, took a 6 month mid-season vacation and was also in the last year of his contract with no intention of signing another. He was also surprisingly willing to take a very substantial pay cut given his reported current wage.

Not to mention the €1m we will receive every time Juve qualify for the CL whilst he's there.

The only thing standing between Dzeko and a one way flight out of Manchester would be any unwillingness to lower his wages. I doubt any decent offer would be turned down, £10-20m. Very unlikely to get the top end though.

JasminBosnia said:
MP bought Negredo so he has to make sure he is doing "good" here, if you know what I mean.

Have you conveniently forgotten Pellegrini provided your hero with plenty of opportunity to 'do good' when he made him his first choice striker at the start of the season?

When he offered nothing other than the inconsistent,half hearted performances that have so far defined his City career,Negredo was introduced and,well,you know the rest........

He's one of several recent players we have signed whose contributions don't match their reputations or contracts.

15m and i'd be biting hands,not least to lose most of the lunatics that have followed him here.

FantasyIreland said:
JasminBosnia said:

Have you conveniently forgotten Pellegrini provided your hero with plenty of opportunity to 'do good' when he made him his first choice striker at the start of the season?
By plenty of opportunity you mean two and a half matches, before he was subbed at half time vs. Hull City and then not even played for Stoke City match?

Meanwhile Negredo hasn't missed a single match since the season started, while Dzeko was sit out completely for Stoke, Everton and West Ham United. Negredo has gotten more consistent playing time than Dzeko not to mention Aguero. There is no doubt that Pellegrini's "main striker" spiel was just a pep talk.

Now I agree that Negredo has shown great form and fully deserves to be starting, but to say Dzeko got a "main striker" treatment is pure BS. If anyone got a main striker treatment it's Aguero, followed by Negredo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.