Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I hoped that the Navas buy would produce more goals for Dzeko, the game in Moscow should have been it... Not 1 but 2 great chances to put it in the net and he has Torres syndrome. Maybe the Newcastle game can start up his campaign again or I'm running out of ideas.

MillionDollarDream said:
When I hoped that the Navas buy would produce more goals for Dzeko, the game in Moscow should have been it... Not 1 but 2 great chances to put it in the net and he has Torres syndrome. Maybe the Newcastle game can start up his campaign again or I'm running out of ideas.

saying he has Torres syndrome imo is nonsense. he certain isnt as agile as the rest of the strikers and he doesnt use his size to dominate the opposition like Negredo, but score goals he can (combine this thread with the Yoda thread please) 8-}

r.soleofsalford said:
MillionDollarDream said:

saying he has Torres syndrome imo is nonsense. he certain isnt as agile as the rest of the strikers and he doesnt use his size to dominate the opposition like Negredo, but score goals he can (combine this thread with the Yoda thread please) 8-}

And Torres can score goals for country and in Champions league but in the EPL he freezes, he's currently apart of a strike force that has 1 goal, some say controversial goal at that in the league. It's very accurate.

Dzeko doesn't need to be agile but he can't complain about lack of service this season, the games he's played in, he's gotten it.

MillionDollarDream said:
r.soleofsalford said:
MillionDollarDream said:

And Torres can score goals for country and in Champions league but in the EPL he freezes, he's currently apart of a strike force that has 1 goal, some say controversial goal at that in the league. It's very accurate.

Dzeko doesn't need to be agile but he can't complain about lack of service this season, the games he's played in, he's gotten it.

Navas has not lived up to my expectations. he should, as they use to say "get chalk on his boots" be level with the last defender and be served balls played into the corners. coming across the field sideways as much as he does or pick the ball of zabs toes is what weiss did.

just sell him in January, and bring on Guidetti. i hate to see half-heart player wearing City's jersey. he's good player but clearly has attitude problem. he obviously don't like competition for his position. even Tevez which also has attitude problem, but still very professional on the pitch.

hopefully can swap him to Dortmund and plus some cash, bring Lewandowski in during the summer.

noise said:
By plenty of opportunity you mean two and a half matches, before he was subbed at half time vs. Hull City and then not even played for Stoke City match?

Meanwhile Negredo hasn't missed a single match since the season started, while Dzeko was sit out completely for Stoke, Everton and West Ham United. Negredo has gotten more consistent playing time than Dzeko not to mention Aguero. There is no doubt that Pellegrini's "main striker" spiel was just a pep talk.

Now I agree that Negredo has shown great form and fully deserves to be starting, but to say Dzeko got a "main striker" treatment is pure BS. If anyone got a main striker treatment it's Aguero, followed by Negredo.

Yes,its exactly what I meant,he was given the start in our opening 3 games,does that not suggest Pellegrini gave him the nod as our main man? maybe it was because he didn't believe Negredo was up to speed,however,whatever the reason,Dzeko failed to seize his chance by serving up below par performances.
He was taken off at HT against Hull with good reason.Negredo and Aguero have since proved they offer far more to the team dynamic,even when things aren't quite going for them,they never go missing........

Its never Dzeko's fault with you guys is it?

FantasyIreland said:
noise said:
By plenty of opportunity you mean two and a half matches, before he was subbed at half time vs. Hull City and then not even played for Stoke City match?

Meanwhile Negredo hasn't missed a single match since the season started, while Dzeko was sit out completely for Stoke, Everton and West Ham United. Negredo has gotten more consistent playing time than Dzeko not to mention Aguero. There is no doubt that Pellegrini's "main striker" spiel was just a pep talk.

Now I agree that Negredo has shown great form and fully deserves to be starting, but to say Dzeko got a "main striker" treatment is pure BS. If anyone got a main striker treatment it's Aguero, followed by Negredo.

Yes,its exactly what I meant,he was given the start in our opening 3 games,does that not suggest Pellegrini gave him the nod as our main man? maybe it was because he didn't believe Negredo was up to speed,however,whatever the reason,Dzeko failed to seize his chance by serving up below par performances.
He was taken off at HT against Hull with good reason.Negredo and Aguero have since proved they offer far more to the team dynamic,even when things aren't quite going for them,they never go missing........

Its never Dzeko's fault with you guys is it?

Tbf, even some of the fanboys are starting to see it, but there will always be a "core" of apostles, for whom he can do no wrong.

noise said:
FantasyIreland said:
JasminBosnia said:
MP bought Negredo so he has to make sure he is doing "good" here, if you know what I mean.

Have you conveniently forgotten Pellegrini provided your hero with plenty of opportunity to 'do good' when he made him his first choice striker at the start of the season?

And you're conveniently forgetting the previous two and a half YEARS where he's not really been arsed. The fact that there was a different manager is immaterial, he still got chances and almost every time fluffed them.

ColinLee said:
noise said:
FantasyIreland said:
Have you conveniently forgotten Pellegrini provided your hero with plenty of opportunity to 'do good' when he made him his first choice striker at the start of the season?

And you're conveniently forgetting the previous two and a half YEARS where he's not really been arsed. The fact that there was a different manager is immaterial, he still got chances and almost every time fluffed them.

Two n' half years and hes still here!!!

now what does that remind me of ?? ;)

samharris said:
ColinLee said:
noise said:

Two n' half years and hes still here!!!

now what does that remind me of ?? ;)
I've no idea, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.