Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chikago said:
Do one of you blokes work for the Manchester Evening News? I've noticed in the past Dzeko's rating is always harsh on that web site, especially in cases where the whole team is shit and the midfield provides no service.

Their player ratings for the match:

7 DZEKO Long periods of absence punctuated by the odd moment of real class – he did brilliantly to create Negredo’s goal, and nicked one himself

They accurately described his performance? They must really hate Dzeko on a personal level, probably because he's Bosnian.

blink922 said:
Chikago said:
Do one of you blokes work for the Manchester Evening News? I've noticed in the past Dzeko's rating is always harsh on that web site, especially in cases where the whole team is shit and the midfield provides no service.

7 DZEKO Long periods of absence punctuated by the odd moment of real class – he did brilliantly to create Negredo’s goal, and nicked one himself

They accurately described his performance? They must really hate Dzeko on a personal level, probably because he's Bosnian.
Yet with two Negredo's on the pitch instead of Dzeko and Negredo with that midfield the game would have been decided on penalties.

WimbledonRd said:
I think TedyKGB wrote probably the best assessment of Dzeko on this forum.

Dzeko can indeed appear to be invisible, useless, slow, idea-less, almost lost for about 60-70 minutes of game (but just appear, not actually be), because then when you just think that he is going to be awful and useless, he starts a sprint, makes passes between the legs of defenders, setting up a quick goal or scores without anyone seeing it happen.

Its almost like Dzeko embraces a style of play that is parallel to Mike Tyson's "pik a boo" style in boxing. Tyson used to cover his face, you think he is scared, or he is defensive, or he is done, and when you relax and he knocks you out. Same thing with Dzeko, he looks slow, he looks useless, defenders get encouraged (because he is under control), and then suddenly, when everything looks really bad, Dzeko moves it into overdrive and BOOM - its a goal.

He does this all the time.
That's why I say - he is not useless - he only appears to be useless, and uses that appearance to his advantage when he needs to surprise you with a score. He does it so well.

So he plays shit on purpose for 89 minutes so he can pop up unexpectedly and score a goal? Most people just make intelligent runs or outsmart defenders.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:01 pm --<br /><br />
noise said:
blink922 said:
Chikago said:

Yet with two Negredo's on the pitch instead of Dzeko and Negredo with that midfield the game would have been decided on penalties.

With two Dzeko's on the pitch we wouldn't of won.

Yeah, the idea he plays poorly for most of the game to lull the other team into a false sense of security is a good example of the absurd extremes some go to defend him.

Which in turn will lead to extreme criticism...

And it's an everlasting circle of bollocks.

My 13 yr old daughter said last night " I could tackle that Jeko ". Just about explained to me how shit he is.

mancity5 said:
My 13 yr old daughter said last night " I could tackle that Jeko ". Just about explained to me how shit he is.

I look forward to seeing your daughter play for Borussia Dortmund then. She can replace Mats Hummels at centre back.

"The centre-back then went on to discuss his most difficult opponent so far and revealed that Manchester City's Edin Dzeko is the attacker who caused him the most trouble.

Hummels took on Dzeko twice in the group stages of the Champions League, with the Bosnia international failing to score on both occasions.

But the 24-year-old feels the combination of power and skill makes Dzeko a daunting adversary.

"Dzeko is a very good striker," he said. "When I played against him it was so difficult because he is so tall and strong but also he has such a good technique and nice control. This makes it very hard to play against him."
"

coleridge said:
I don't see Dzeko leaving any time soon and certainly not based on the strange logic that I've seen employed on BM.
Dortmund beckons for him imo once Lewandowski leaves

I think Dzeko is in the last year of his contract next season so I can't see the club offering him an extension tbh

mancity5 said:

The sad part is, mate - by calling a player of Dzeko's caliber (just look at his career) "Shit" (no less) - you've just made your 13 yrs old daughter sound 5 X smarter than you,

Seriously, how ignorant and DUMB your comment is?

mancity5 said:

Without wanting to be patronizing to 13-year old girls, the fact that you need one to explain something about football to you speaks volumes.

Chikago said:
mancity5 said:

I look forward to seeing your daughter play for Borussia Dortmund then. She can replace Mats Hummels at centre back.

"The centre-back then went on to discuss his most difficult opponent so far and revealed that Manchester City's Edin Dzeko is the attacker who caused him the most trouble.

Hummels took on Dzeko twice in the group stages of the Champions League, with the Bosnia international failing to score on both occasions.

But the 24-year-old feels the combination of power and skill makes Dzeko a daunting adversary.

"Dzeko is a very good striker," he said. "When I played against him it was so difficult because he is so tall and strong but also he has such a good technique and nice control. This makes it very hard to play against him."
"

And yet me & my 13 yr old daughter go to every game, home and away, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.