Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
Matty said:
Ultimately the Dzeko argument always comes down to the same thing, on the pro-Dzeko side of the fence you've got posters pointing out his past exploits (the QPR goal, his record at Wolfsburg etc) as well as his goalscoring record, whereas on the anti-Dzeko side of the fence you've got posters looking at the here and now and asking for more than just goals from Dzeko. It all depends where your views lie as to whether you're happy with what Dzeko is doing. Personally I think he needs to do more than score goals, we've got Aguero and Negredo who can score equally as often, if not more regularly, and they both bring other attributes to the table. Given our resources I don't think it's going out on a limb too much to say that we could sell Dzeko for a decent amount, and bring in another striker with the potential to score us 15-20 goals a season AND contribute in other ways to the first team. Dzeko is a little like Berbatov (although not as extreme an example), he'll never be a player who is overly bothered in anything else other than trying to score, which is great when he's scoring regularly, but for a club in City's current position we need more than that.
Pretty much sums up my feelings. I would always have Negredo over Dzeko as offers so much more than goals.

The added advantage Negredo has over Dzeko is that he seems to have, very quickly, developed a really promising playing relationship with Aguero. Strike partnerships sometimes just click, and whilst I wouldn't go as far as to say that Aguero and Negredo are always on the same page, their partnership has come along far quicker and much more naturally than Aguero's and Dzeko's. That isn't a slight on Dzeko at all, sometimes certain players are just suited to play together, in Negredo and Aguero I think we may have found such a pair.

samharris said:
Yet despite his minimal effort,being easily dispossesed,poor body language and being incredibly poor with no fight he still scored 2 goals and had an assist..

Yes he did.

Its a shame Moomba that you'd probably say the same if we had lost those games..

Yes I would

We could win every game from now til the end of the season by 1 goal to nil with Edin scoring every game but playing badly and we would all still be on here arguing fussing and fighting..

Yes we probably would.

This isnt about Dzeko anymore..all that needs saying has been said by both sides and tbh its now just giving visitors to this site a good laugh..

Not sure what it is about if not Dzeko. I've never been one for slagging him off, I know that has happened here in the past. But his efforts and attitude this season has left me incredibly frustrated. A goal here or there doesn't change the fact that I believe he is capable of giving us much, much more. And for me, that leaves him open for criticism.

The contrast between him and Negredo has been incredible.

This is about personal one upmanship battles between posters that will never be won..

Immovable object v an unstoppable force and all that..

No, I'm talking about Dzeko. Don't care about one upmanship battles.

Matty said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Matty said:
Ultimately the Dzeko argument always comes down to the same thing, on the pro-Dzeko side of the fence you've got posters pointing out his past exploits (the QPR goal, his record at Wolfsburg etc) as well as his goalscoring record, whereas on the anti-Dzeko side of the fence you've got posters looking at the here and now and asking for more than just goals from Dzeko. It all depends where your views lie as to whether you're happy with what Dzeko is doing. Personally I think he needs to do more than score goals, we've got Aguero and Negredo who can score equally as often, if not more regularly, and they both bring other attributes to the table. Given our resources I don't think it's going out on a limb too much to say that we could sell Dzeko for a decent amount, and bring in another striker with the potential to score us 15-20 goals a season AND contribute in other ways to the first team. Dzeko is a little like Berbatov (although not as extreme an example), he'll never be a player who is overly bothered in anything else other than trying to score, which is great when he's scoring regularly, but for a club in City's current position we need more than that.
Pretty much sums up my feelings. I would always have Negredo over Dzeko as offers so much more than goals.

The added advantage Negredo has over Dzeko is that he seems to have, very quickly, developed a really promising playing relationship with Aguero. Strike partnerships sometimes just click, and whilst I wouldn't go as far as to say that Aguero and Negredo are always on the same page, their partnership has come along far quicker and much more naturally than Aguero's and Dzeko's. That isn't a slight on Dzeko at all, sometimes certain players are just suited to play together, in Negredo and Aguero I think we may have found such a pair.

Aguero and Negredo will become a fantastic partnership in the prem,but I believe Dzeko still has a part to play for us.. hes a goalscorer who offers nowt else tbh except goals...but goals win games and points,and for me, Im happy with that....Its our back line and keeper who are letting us down and costing us points..

moomba said:
But his efforts and attitude this season has left me incredibly frustrated. A goal here or there doesn't change the fact that I believe he is capable of giving us much, much more. And for me, that leaves him open for criticism.

I don't think it's fair to characterise 6 goals in 11 appearances as a goal here and there. I also don't think that Negredo being a better partner for Kun should be used as a stick to beat Edin with. His performances this season have been largely the same as they have been for all his time at City. At times frustrating at times fantastic. Just because he doesn't charge around like a bull in a China shop it doesn't mean he's not giving his all.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
But his efforts and attitude this season has left me incredibly frustrated. A goal here or there doesn't change the fact that I believe he is capable of giving us much, much more. And for me, that leaves him open for criticism.

I don't think it's fair to characterise 6 goals in 11 appearances as a goal here and there. I also don't think that Negredo being a better partner for Kun should be used as a stick to beat Edin with. His performances this season have been largely the same as they have been for all his time at City. At times frustrating at times fantastic. Just because he doesn't charge around like a bull in a China shop it doesn't mean he's not giving his all.

Everyone expects Dzeko to be like Negredo tbh Billy, but thats like asking Berbatov to be like Drogba, or Benteke to be like Aguero..

All goalscorers have their own traights,and Dzeko has his own traight and some see it as lazy or cant be arsed..

It is far from that tbh- 6 goals in 11 games could be 21/22 goals this season..

Not bad for a player who cant be arsed and 3rd in the pecking order..

BillyShears said:
moomba said:

Maybe I've missed it over the past few years. There has been the odd performance and there in the past but to me he's taken it to another level of "can't be arsedness" this season. Don't care if he doesn't charge around like a bull in a China shop, but the lack of effort and fight in him this season has been obvious to me.

samharris said:
BillyShears said:
moomba said:

Everyone expects Dzeko to be like Negredo tbh Billy, but thats like asking Berbatov to be like Drogba, or Benteke to be like Aguero..

All goalscorers have their own traights,and Dzeko has his own traight and some see it as lazy or cant be arsed..

Not bad for a player 3rd in the pecking order..

I'm not sure I actually know what Dzeko's traits are as a player, other than the scoring of goals (which, as I've mentioned earlier, we also get from Aguero and Negredo). With Aguero and Negredo you can point to the "other things" they do, besides scoring goals. With Dzeko I'm not so sure. I don't expect him to be Aguero II or Negredo II, every player has their own style, and their own strengths and weaknesses. I'd just be intrigued to know what you, as a pro-Dzeko poster, see as the "other things" Dzeko brings?

JasminBosnia said:
bugsyblue said:
waspish said:
The problem with Dzeko is we have 2 better strikers

Or debatably 3.

Round it to 10. So its three now plus two from EDS team, plus Michael Smith (22,Wimbledon on loan from Charlton), David Mooney (29,Leyton Orient) and pick three more from your neighborhood.

Simply the BEST response on this whole thread!!

Matty said:
samharris said:
BillyShears said:

Not bad for a player 3rd in the pecking order..

I'm not sure I actually know what Dzeko's traits are as a player, other than the scoring of goals (which, as I've mentioned earlier, we also get from Aguero and Negredo). With Aguero and Negredo you can point to the "other things" they do, besides scoring goals. With Dzeko I'm not so sure. I don't expect him to be Aguero II or Negredo II, every player has their own style, and their own strengths and weaknesses. I'd just be intrigued to know what you, as a pro-Dzeko poster, see as the "other things" Dzeko brings?

Ive already said that his traight is as a goalscorer...hes not got the skill do do much else in all honesty..His traight is that on his day he is a lethal goalscorer who scores his fair share..and as a lifelong City fan,anyone who scores regularely for City is deserving of a place in the squad and team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.