Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been on twitter angry about the mirror's piece on him and the dressing room revolt,denies the quotes they attributed to him
Good on him for putting the record straight,he has faults, as all footballers do but i dont think he is a trouble maker and he does not deserve the pounding he takes on here everyday

Just my opinion of course

pudge said:
Matty said:
samharris said:
Maybe with Dzeko,what we see is what we get..
I'm sure you're right, and for 95% of clubs what you see would be more than good enough. We're in the 5% however. We've got the money to afford the best, we're trying to win titles, looking to win the Champion's League in the not too distant future, what we get from Dzeko isn't quite good enough for where we need to be. The goals are great, the goals are exactly what we're after, but we need more than just that, and Dzeko doesn't give us more. Someone else will, and in my opinion we should be looking for someone else to replace Dzeko (albeit most likely to be in the summer, unless we do manage to somehow get our hands on Lewandowski before then, which is a HUGE long shot).

-- Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:48 pm --

pudge said:
Yet he's started more games than Negredo and played just 70 minutes less.

4 full games is 360 minutes, yet he's only 70 mins behind Negredo in playing time...

I think you're being a little misleading with the facts here. A decent number of Dzeko's starts have been in the 3 Capital One Cup games, where his supporting players haven't been the ones he'd be playing with regularly in the league. Whilst he's getting game time, he's not getting time alongside the likes of Silva, Aguero, Yaya etc in order to develop a decent relationship.

However, having said that, negredo's been here since the summer, Dzeko's been here for nearly 3 years, so he should have already developed decent relationships with his teammates.
4 times this season Negredo's been subbed on at the 75th minute or later in a game.

When that happened to Edin last season, it was because Mancini didn't like him.
Dzeko was rescuing points each time that happened. And yet was not being awarded with the starting spot. This time it's completely the opposite. Negredo is playing well but he's no super sub like Dzeko was last season, and he was rewarded with a starting spot in the important matches.

pudge said:
Bigga said:
BillyShears said:
A pretty fair assessment of the situation.

I really like Edin ... was a big season for him this one but I think sadly for him in Negredo we've simply signed a superior player who has developed a superior understanding with Kun. Come the summer I suspect Edin will be a Dortmund player, and if he is i for one will wish him all the best.

In the meantime though we have a hell of a lot of football to be played and it'll only take one injury for Edin to become paramount to our chances of winning things. For this reason alone I find it mad how many people are seemingly desperate for us to get rid of him.

You do know that when Edin gets the game time, he will be able to find the rhythm he needs to also contribute to the team's play, this season?Negredo has been given that time to play and learn the pace and intensity of the Prem.

Like I said before, Pellers has decided Al doesn't have the time to drip learn the Prem. It is much the same as Fernandinho's 'sink or swim' development and I think people are misreading Pellers' intentions for the team.

Oh well.
The difference in their playing time is about 70 minutes.

With Dzeko starting more games and Negredo coming off of the bench more times than Edin. So if anything Negredo's time on the pitch has been more 'stop/start'.

Saying Negredo has had the time to adjust and find a rythym unlike Dzeko is not quite true.

But it IS true.

Factor in that A.N. starts in a Chump's League match afetr being a domestic game, when you expect Edin to start, makes this an accumulative effect and not just isolated to Prem games to find the rhythm of team play.

pudge said:
Matty said:
samharris said:
Maybe with Dzeko,what we see is what we get..
I'm sure you're right, and for 95% of clubs what you see would be more than good enough. We're in the 5% however. We've got the money to afford the best, we're trying to win titles, looking to win the Champion's League in the not too distant future, what we get from Dzeko isn't quite good enough for where we need to be. The goals are great, the goals are exactly what we're after, but we need more than just that, and Dzeko doesn't give us more. Someone else will, and in my opinion we should be looking for someone else to replace Dzeko (albeit most likely to be in the summer, unless we do manage to somehow get our hands on Lewandowski before then, which is a HUGE long shot).

pudge said:
Yet he's started more games than Negredo and played just 70 minutes less.

4 full games is 360 minutes, yet he's only 70 mins behind Negredo in playing time...

I think you're being a little misleading with the facts here. A decent number of Dzeko's starts have been in the 3 Capital One Cup games, where his supporting players haven't been the ones he'd be playing with regularly in the league. Whilst he's getting game time, he's not getting time alongside the likes of Silva, Aguero, Yaya etc in order to develop a decent relationship.

However, having said that, negredo's been here since the summer, Dzeko's been here for nearly 3 years, so he should have already developed decent relationships with his teammates.
4 times this season Negredo's been subbed on at the 75th minute or later in a game.

I'm not agreeing with the general premise that Dzeko is being hard done by, and Negredo is beign treated far more fairly, I'm just saying that your method of trying to demonstrate that it's actually Dzeko who has had the more consistent starts, so therefore has been affected to a lesser degree than Negredo when it comes to starting and then stopping, doesn't actually stand up to scrutiny.

Of course, the reason for Dzeko not getting as many starts in the league, and in the more important games (i.e. not the Capital One Cup) isn't anything to do with Pellegrini being unfair, or on their being a bias towards Negredo. It's down to what the 2 have done in the minutes they've been on the pitch, and Pellegrini (alongside a sizeable majority of City fans) are of the opinion that Negredo has been of more "use" in his time on the pitch than Dzeko.

Matty said:
pudge said:
Matty said:

I'm not agreeing with the general premise that Dzeko is being hard done by, and Negredo is beign treated far more fairly, I'm just saying that your method of trying to demonstrate that it's actually Dzeko who has had the more consistent starts, so therefore has been affected to a lesser degree than Negredo when it comes to starting and then stopping, doesn't actually stand up to scrutiny.

Of course, the reason for Dzeko not getting as many starts in the league, and in the more important games (i.e. not the Capital One Cup) isn't anything to do with Pellegrini being unfair, or on their being a bias towards Negredo. It's down to what the 2 have done in the minutes they've been on the pitch, and Pellegrini (alongside a sizeable majority of City fans) are of the opinion that Negredo has been of more "use" in his time on the pitch than Dzeko.
This is a fair assessment. I agree.

Bigga said:
pudge said:
Bigga said:
You do know that when Edin gets the game time, he will be able to find the rhythm he needs to also contribute to the team's play, this season?Negredo has been given that time to play and learn the pace and intensity of the Prem.

Like I said before, Pellers has decided Al doesn't have the time to drip learn the Prem. It is much the same as Fernandinho's 'sink or swim' development and I think people are misreading Pellers' intentions for the team.

Oh well.
The difference in their playing time is about 70 minutes.

With Dzeko starting more games and Negredo coming off of the bench more times than Edin. So if anything Negredo's time on the pitch has been more 'stop/start'.

Saying Negredo has had the time to adjust and find a rythym unlike Dzeko is not quite true.

But it IS true.

Factor in that A.N. starts in a Chump's League match afetr being a domestic game, when you expect Edin to start, makes this an accumulative effect and not just isolated to Prem games to find the rhythm of team play.
So far this season, Dzeko's had 2 seperate occasions of 3 consecutive starts.<br /><br />-- Nov 4th, '13, 17:04 --<br /><br />
noise said:
pudge said:
Matty said:

Dzeko was rescuing points each time that happened. And yet was not being awarded with the starting spot. This time it's completely the opposite. Negredo is playing well but he's no super sub like Dzeko was last season, and he was rewarded with a starting spot in the important matches.
Negredo didn't get a start until the 4th league game of the season, coming off the bench the previous 3 having scored 2 in the process.

noise said:

He got 16 starts in the league last season, 23 in all comps.

Dzeko's been given as much a chance to play and make an impact as Negredo has this season.

The idea of bias on Pellegrini's part against Edin is bollocks as is the thought Dzeko hasn't got a fair chance and has been 'lied to'

pudge said:
Dzeko's been given as much a chance to play and make an impact as Negredo has this season.

The idea of bias on Pellegrini's part against Edin is bollocks as is the thought Dzeko hasn't got a fair chance and has been 'lied to'
Listen, I don't think Pellegrini is being unfair. I think Negredo deserved the starts based on the level of effort and brilliance he's displayed on the pitch. I think anti-Dzeko gang has been unfair to Dzeko though.

Dzeko needs consistent time to improve his game. Which we all know he's not going to get with the competition in the team. That's something everyone should realize and not slam Dzeko for it, but come to terms with it.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:17 pm --<br /><br />
moomba said:
noise said:

He got 16 starts in the league last season, 23 in all comps.
Once Balloteli was sold and Aguero was injured, Mancini really had no other choice than to give Dzeko some starts.

noise said:
pudge said:

Listen, I don't think Pellegrini is being unfair. I think Negredo deserved the starts based on the level of effort and brilliance he's displayed on the pitch. I think anti-Dzeko gang has been unfair to Dzeko though.

Dzeko needs consistent time to improve his game. Which we all know he's not going to get with the competition in the team. That's something everyone should realize and not slam Dzeko for it, but come to terms with it.
I wasn't aiming that at you but a previous poster had claimed the above, which is ridiculous.

As I've said before, Dzeko won't get 5-10 interrupted starts, only Aguero could manage that;
Firstly, because we have 3/4 strikers who need game time and also because we simply can't afford to grant a striker time to find his form, not when were competing on so many fronts.

As it stands, Dzeko's contribution means he's 3rd choice. He and his fans, for lack of a better word, either have to accept that and move on which would arguably be beneficial to all, or just grab the bull by the horns for once and up his game which again would be beneficial for all.

If it continues as it is, it goes Aguero, Negredo then Dzeko. That's reality, not due to bias or hatred.

Again, not aimed at you noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.