Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
Pablo1 said:
noise said:
Listen, I don't think Pellegrini is being unfair. I think Negredo deserved the starts based on the level of effort and brilliance he's displayed on the pitch. I think anti-Dzeko gang has been unfair to Dzeko though.

Dzeko needs consistent time to improve his game. Which we all know he's not going to get with the competition in the team. That's something everyone should realize and not slam Dzeko for it, but come to terms with it.
I think some people "slam" Dzeko because often when he does get his start he looks languid for large parts of the game. It's a trait that will always annoy large sections of the fan base as we've been brought up on the notion that even if you're not having a great game or your confidence is a bit low, putting in 100% effort will buy you some credit.
With Edin you just don't get that, saying he likes to conserve his energy until the time is right isn't enough for where we're heading. Throughout the game there are going to be plenty of plays that require your forward to hold the ball up, keep possession and relieve some pressure for the midfield/defence, there's far too many occasions that Edin fails to do that. For all his goal scoring prowess, I feel the other aspects of his game that he doesn't do as well let him down.
I'd like to see him stay and fight for his place, he scores goals from nothing which is a valuable commodity at any standard of football, unfortunately I don't think he's up for the fight.

And therein lies the problem. Dzeko never has been and never will be up for the fight.
I remember last season against Liverpool at the Etihad he went down like a sack of spuds and stayed down. The scousers played on and ignored him and refused to kick the ball out much to the displeasure of the us fans and also a few of the players and Sturridge went onto score. Then Dzeko picked his lazy arse up off the turf, got up and jogged off - nothing wrong with him!
He goes down far to easily for a man of his size and build and he stays down far to much. We need to move him on and replace him in january.
While I blame Dzeko for his attitude in the mentioned matches. I don't think he's normally like that. I remember him at Wolfsburg. There is a recording of him swearing at his teammates for fucking up a half time lead against Bayern. He is very passionate and very up for a fight when he's engaged. The playoff match vs Portugal for his NT is another example. He was a beast in that match.

I think it has to do with motivation. Shame really, because as a professional footballer he should always be like that.

Nice run to win the foul for Yaya's free kick I thought.
Say what you like; how many teams can say they have someone as good as Edin as a 3rd striker!

Just watched his interview he did with Bosnian television. He sounded a bit of a prick really moaning about he was dropped for the Wigan game after scoring 4 against Spurs even though he played in the more important CL game against Napoli and then against Fulham a week later.

noise said:
TGR said:
Pablo1 said:
I think some people "slam" Dzeko because often when he does get his start he looks languid for large parts of the game. It's a trait that will always annoy large sections of the fan base as we've been brought up on the notion that even if you're not having a great game or your confidence is a bit low, putting in 100% effort will buy you some credit.
With Edin you just don't get that, saying he likes to conserve his energy until the time is right isn't enough for where we're heading. Throughout the game there are going to be plenty of plays that require your forward to hold the ball up, keep possession and relieve some pressure for the midfield/defence, there's far too many occasions that Edin fails to do that. For all his goal scoring prowess, I feel the other aspects of his game that he doesn't do as well let him down.
I'd like to see him stay and fight for his place, he scores goals from nothing which is a valuable commodity at any standard of football, unfortunately I don't think he's up for the fight.

And therein lies the problem. Dzeko never has been and never will be up for the fight.
I remember last season against Liverpool at the Etihad he went down like a sack of spuds and stayed down. The scousers played on and ignored him and refused to kick the ball out much to the displeasure of the us fans and also a few of the players and Sturridge went onto score. Then Dzeko picked his lazy arse up off the turf, got up and jogged off - nothing wrong with him!
He goes down far to easily for a man of his size and build and he stays down far to much. We need to move him on and replace him in january.

I think it has to do with motivation. Shame really, because as a professional footballer he should always be like that.

That my friend is pretty much why there are over 200 pages on this thread. It's the crux of most of our arguments/counter arguments on Edin and whilst he continues to come across as somebody not willing to put in the work rate he's always going to get criticism.
If you'd have been willing to see that we may have saved ourselves many, many, many pages of tedious, petty bickering.

Pablo1 said:
noise said:
TGR said:
[/b]

That my friend is pretty much why there are over 200 pages on this thread. It's the crux of most of our arguments/counter arguments on Edin and whilst he continues to come across as somebody not willing to put in the work rate he's always going to get criticism.
If you'd have been willing to see that we may have saved ourselves many, many, many pages of tedious, petty bickering.
I agree. It's a catch 22 really. Dzeko is not motivated because he's not playing regular football. And he's not playing regular football because he's not motivated.

BillyShears said:
pudge said:
Saying Negredo has had the time to adjust and find a rythym unlike Dzeko is not quite true.

Yeah I agree ... I just think it's apparent that Negredo and Kun have an understanding, and for me more importantly, Negredo understands that playing for Kun will better serve him as well. That's one thing Dzeko certainly can't do IMO ... play for another striker. He's too greedy, too selfish, spends a lot of games playing like he's trying to prove a point to the manager about what a great striker he is rather than contributing to the team play.

Not true at all. quite the opposite. hes just shit giving them the ball.

AntiUnited said:
BillyShears said:
pudge said:
Saying Negredo has had the time to adjust and find a rythym unlike Dzeko is not quite true.

Yeah I agree ... I just think it's apparent that Negredo and Kun have an understanding, and for me more importantly, Negredo understands that playing for Kun will better serve him as well. That's one thing Dzeko certainly can't do IMO ... play for another striker. He's too greedy, too selfish, spends a lot of games playing like he's trying to prove a point to the manager about what a great striker he is rather than contributing to the team play.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You can have a look through my posts on Dzeko ... I rate the guy and have said repeatedly that at most clubs he'd be the undisputed number 1. But at City from the day he arrived the competition and pressure has been too difficult for him and he hasn't relished it in the way he should've done. Like I said I've seen far too many performances from him which are unbalanced because he seems to be trying to prove to the manager that he should be number 1 rather than playing for the team. I must admit that he's been better this season under Pellegrini - he has certainly been a little less greedy - but even so it's one of my biggest criticisms of him.

AntiUnited said:
BillyShears said:
pudge said:

Are you saying his passing is poor? Surely that and a tendency to come across like he doesn't give a fuck are reasons enough for a section of supporters to question wherever he should be playing or not.
It makes your and a few others constant defence of him seem wasted doesn't it? Especially when it's those two aspects of his game that receive the most criticism.

The Fat el Hombre said:
JasminBosnia said:
bugsyblue said:
Or debatably 3.

Round it to 10. So its three now plus two from EDS team, plus Michael Smith (22,Wimbledon on loan from Charlton), David Mooney (29,Leyton Orient) and pick three more from your neighborhood.

To be fair, there's no doubt Aguero is far superior to Dzeko in almost every aspect whilst what we've seen of Negredo and even Jovetic they also both look better footballers

I didn't finish my post, Edin is number ("come up with the number") in pecking order because every attacker is better than him (read transfer forum). Idiots.
10refnq5pnyaw21f01q8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.