Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
Just watched his interview he did with Bosnian television. He sounded a bit of a prick really moaning about he was dropped for the Wigan game after scoring 4 against Spurs even though he played in the more important CL game against Napoli and then against Fulham a week later.

I'm far from being a Dzeko fan but he should never have been dropped/rested after his Spurs performance. You don't rest players on top of their game you milk that rich vein of form for all its worth.

No wonder he wasn't motivated it told him no matter how well he played his spot was vulnerable, not as though he was seeing other key players getting rested (Silva,Yaya etc).

Still don't like him still think he's very average but I do feel he has a right to moan regarding being dropped after that game.

berniethebusman said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Just watched his interview he did with Bosnian television. He sounded a bit of a prick really moaning about he was dropped for the Wigan game after scoring 4 against Spurs even though he played in the more important CL game against Napoli and then against Fulham a week later.

I'm far from being a Dzeko fan but he should never have been dropped/rested after his Spurs performance. You don't rest players on top of their game you milk that rich vein of form for all its worth.

No wonder he wasn't motivated it told him no matter how well he played his spot was vulnerable, not as though he was seeing other key players getting rested (Silva,Yaya etc).

Still don't like him still think he's very average but I do feel he has a right to moan regarding being dropped after that game.

Bloody hell; how long ago was that?

More to the point, I think he is getting a fair crack of the whip this season. Clearly he's up against serious competition though and will have to accept some rotation.

BillyShears said:
AntiUnited said:
BillyShears said:
Yeah I agree ... I just think it's apparent that Negredo and Kun have an understanding, and for me more importantly, Negredo understands that playing for Kun will better serve him as well. That's one thing Dzeko certainly can't do IMO ... play for another striker. He's too greedy, too selfish, spends a lot of games playing like he's trying to prove a point to the manager about what a great striker he is rather than contributing to the team play.

Not true at all. quite the opposite. hes just shit giving them the ball.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You can have a look through my posts on Dzeko ... I rate the guy and have said repeatedly that at most clubs he'd be the undisputed number 1. But at City from the day he arrived the competition and pressure has been too difficult for him and he hasn't relished it in the way he should've done. Like I said I've seen far too many performances from him which are unbalanced because he seems to be trying to prove to the manager that he should be number 1 rather than playing for the team. I must admit that he's been better this season under Pellegrini - he has certainly been a little less greedy - but even so it's one of my biggest criticisms of him.

Completely Agree. Dzeko is a good player, no doubting that, and he can clearly score goals; his goal on Saturday was a great finish. A key difference between him and Negredo (apart from the fact that Negredo is just better, in my opinion) is the way you can tell Negredo is working for the team. Dzeko often (not always) but often looks like he is working for himself. Aguero is our number one, undroppable striker, and if we are to build a partnership it's a no brainer who we have.
The link up, and bond Aguero and Negredo seem to have is in a different stratasphere to the connection between Dzeko and Aguero. If you look at the reactions when each other score; there basically is none. Where as Negredo and Aguero look to set each other up- one of the best things about Negredos goal on Saturday is the way Aguero squared it to him- After a great touch Aguero could easily have taken a shot there and it been a brilliant goal. I'm not sure he would have done this for Dzeko, as a lack of relationship there causes Aguero to be a little bit more greedy around him. This is just how I see things.

Not sure when their relationship broke down, but I would go back to that game away at Wigan when Dzeko took the ball off Agueros toes after a phenomenal Aguero run.

I think if we play Dzeko, we play him on his own, which still is good, or him and Aguero need to improve their partnership.

dancity19 said:
BillyShears said:
AntiUnited said:
Not true at all. quite the opposite. hes just shit giving them the ball.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You can have a look through my posts on Dzeko ... I rate the guy and have said repeatedly that at most clubs he'd be the undisputed number 1. But at City from the day he arrived the competition and pressure has been too difficult for him and he hasn't relished it in the way he should've done. Like I said I've seen far too many performances from him which are unbalanced because he seems to be trying to prove to the manager that he should be number 1 rather than playing for the team. I must admit that he's been better this season under Pellegrini - he has certainly been a little less greedy - but even so it's one of my biggest criticisms of him.

Completely Agree. Dzeko is a good player, no doubting that, and he can clearly score goals; his goal on Saturday was a great finish. A key difference between him and Negredo (apart from the fact that Negredo is just better, in my opinion) is the way you can tell Negredo is working for the team. Dzeko often (not always) but often looks like he is working for himself. Aguero is our number one, undroppable striker, and if we are to build a partnership it's a no brainer who we have.
The link up, and bond Aguero and Negredo seem to have is in a different stratasphere to the connection between Dzeko and Aguero. If you look at the reactions when each other score; there basically is none. Where as Negredo and Aguero look to set each other up- one of the best things about Negredos goal on Saturday is the way Aguero squared it to him- After a great touch Aguero could easily have taken a shot there and it been a brilliant goal. I'm not sure he would have done this for Dzeko, as a lack of relationship there causes Aguero to be a little bit more greedy around him. This is just how I see things.

Not sure when their relationship broke down, but I would go back to that game away at Wigan when Dzeko took the ball off Agueros toes after a phenomenal Aguero run.

I think if we play Dzeko, we play him on his own, which still is good, or him and Aguero need to improve their partnership.

He probably got fed up of setting him up, only for the ball to go flying over the bar or shot so wide it ends up as a throw-in more often than not.
You can see already that he is much more confident in setting Negredo up.
That was one of the fanboys arguments last year, "Kun is greedy and never passes to Dzeko", and i think that is the reason why.

pominoz said:
dancity19 said:
BillyShears said:

He probably got fed up of setting him up, only for the ball to go flying over the bar or shot so wide it ends up as a throw-in more often than not.
That was one of the fanboys arguments last year, "Kun is greedy and never passes to Dzeko", and i think that is the reason why.

I'm not defending Dzeko. I am just saying there is no relationship there, and there is with Negredo. And Aguero is far and away the number one striker, so he isn't getting dropped.

dancity19 said:
pominoz said:
dancity19 said:

I'm not defending Dzeko. I am just saying there is no relationship there, and there is with Negredo. And Aguero is far and away the number one striker, so he isn't getting dropped.

I realise that mate, i just think a few in the side lost confidence in Dzeko to put it in the net, so tried to do it themselves.

karen7 said:
He has been on twitter angry about the mirror's piece on him and the dressing room revolt,denies the quotes they attributed to him
Good on him for putting the record straight,he has faults, as all footballers do but i dont think he is a trouble maker and he does not deserve the pounding he takes on here everyday

Just my opinion of course
Well if he sorted his attitude out he wouldn't get a pounding on here . You only after look at Aguereo to see the player he should be .

baildon blue said:
karen7 said:
He has been on twitter angry about the mirror's piece on him and the dressing room revolt,denies the quotes they attributed to him
Good on him for putting the record straight,he has faults, as all footballers do but i dont think he is a trouble maker and he does not deserve the pounding he takes on here everyday

Well if he sorted his attitude out he wouldn't get a pounding on here . You only after look at Aguereo to see the player he should be .

will see when real come knocking...

AntiUnited said:
baildon blue said:
karen7 said:

will see when real come knocking...

What an absolute **** of a comment to make. Amazes me you and one or two other Dzeko supporters, because you're clearly not City supporters, haven't been fucked off the forum for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.