Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
BosnianDiamond said:
I think that last interview was intentional, to let other clubs know he's available and willing to leave in January.

yeah, i think so too. He probably knows what happened with Riquelme and Guti after they did some similar comments ( i think Riquelme said he didn't receive the treatment he deserve by the manager and the club as the star of the team). The first, was sold asap, the later was benched for the rest of the season.
I followed MP career since River, and he has always done this when this kind of things happen.

Pellegrini is going to down play this but Edin definitely leaving City. The only reason what he may not leave in January is CL but he's definetly gone by the summer.

pudge said:
kippaxchris said:
Sell him in the summer and bring somebody in with experience who is willing to sit on the bench without opening there mouth to the papers possibly someone like Nilmar.
We could replace him with a bucket and it will do a better job.

Hes a goalscorer and continues to score goals and is 29, If Emile Mpenza can come back from the Qatari league and score goals in the Prem then so can Nilmar!

BosnianDiamond said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
I'd start him on Sunday. Time for him to start doing his talking on the pitch... but he needs to understand there's more to sitting on the goal line scoring a tap in. Negredo always gets the nod due to his commitment to work with the rest of the team and assist others, we're at a point where Silva isn't always going to be there to put it on a plate.
Bullocks, if you didn't have your blinders on you'll see that Dzeko is constantly looking to play a one-two, lay it off for Aguero or whoever is making the run. This is just complete nonsense about him not working with the rest of the team.

Someone called BosnianDiamond is talking about blinders? Are you fucking shitting me?

And Dzeko attempting a pass once a year is not working with the rest of the team. The 90 minutes at Newcastle was a good summary of Dzeko, was never prepared to work for the ball. He's 6 ft fucking 4 and his aerial threat is piss in comparison to that of Negredo.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Pablo1 said:
AntiUnited said:
so i guess people just ignored caliblue post. typical shit.. pretty much says it right but cuz its against the common circle jerk u chose to ignore
I'll tell you why I ignored him, it was because I've watched Dzeko with my own eyes and made my own mind up without having to trawl through stat after stat arguing one way or another. His overall game this year hasn't been good enough. In very short spells he's shown genuine class and as an out and out goal scorer it would be hard to argue with what he's done so far.
Where I feel yourself and a couple of others are missing the point is the way we play can't afford passengers - that's the crux of it. Negredo brings so much more to our team than Edin and if he can't do the dirty work as well as the goals then he'll be second fiddle for a while yet.
There's no great conspiracy, it's just a simple fact of doing what's best for the team, not for Edin.

I assume you're not a scientist, or we'd still be living in the Dark Ages with that sort of thinking ("I saw with my own eyes that the witch-doctor cured the guy - I don't care what carefully measured data shows").

The point of my post was that this sort of thinking is the problem and it's what makes it impossible to agree, because everyone sees things "with their own eyes" differently. Since it's hard to compare performances by players against different teams, with different team-mates, the Newcastle game was a good opportunity to compare Negredo and Dzeko side-by-side in the same game (in which they played for virtually the same amount of time, with the same team-mates, against the same opposition). I didn't do this to try to prove that Dzeko's a better player than Negredo - it would be idiotic to make that leap from one game - I did it to compare the reality of that one game with people's perception of it. And I think it's pretty clear that it shows a bias against Dzeko. So, if the reality is that Negredo is intrinsically a 20% better player than Dzeko, I'd guess that the average assessment on here would be that he's 40% better. That would show bias, even if the overall assessment that Negredo's better turned out to be true (which is irrelevant to this argument).

You can also compare their stats from the Norwich game in they each played one half, and each scored one goal. It's not quite as good a comparison, because they weren't on at the same time, and games can change a lot from half to half, but it's not bad. In that game Negredo gets a slightly higher rating than Dzeko. They are each better than the other in some categories, and each scored a goal, but the formula used by the whoscored.com website rated Negredo a 7.90 and Dzeko a 7.62. So, by their criteria, Negredo was a bit better in that game.

Based on these more-or-less head-to-head numbers from recent games, I don't think it's unreasonable for Dzeko to wonder why he's played around 200 minutes in the last 7 games, while Negredo's played almost 500 minutes. Yes, I know Negredo scored a hat-trick against CSKA and I was delighted for him and for City, but based on their comparable stats, perhaps Dzeko would have scored in that game too, had he been given the chance. Now he's likely to be side-lined again for the Sunderland game, and have even fewer opportunities to show what he can do.
A common debate is that Edin comes on when players like Silva have come off, stunting are overall attacking game.

But if you were to take the hull game as an example, Dzeko and Negredo each played 45 minutes (Edin the first half, Negredo the second). Silva came off on 66 minutes, giving Negredo and he 21 minutes on the pitch together compared to Edin's 45. (Sergio also came off at 75 mins)

Negredo's passing success was 91% compared to Edin's 75%

Dzeko won 2 aerial battles to Negredo's 1.

Negredo managed 3 shots to Edin's 0.

They were both dispossessed twice but Edin gave the ball away (turnover they call it) once whereas Negredo didn't.

They each had one tackle to their name but Negredo had an "effective clearance" as well.

Dzeko was given a 6.1 and Negredo a 7.

With Negredo's current form, as well as Aguero's, it would be hard to drop either. Especially if just to let Dzeko rebuild his confidence, we can't afford any passengers per say. All strikers want to play obviously but it's hard to drop one "in form", again, especially given what people claim can be done in doing so with regards to Edin. I'm sure he'll get more minutes if he continues to work hard and do such things like he showed he can in that Newcastle game.

This is honest debate btw, frustrating that I feel I have to state that.

BosnianDiamond said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
I'd start him on Sunday. Time for him to start doing his talking on the pitch... but he needs to understand there's more to sitting on the goal line scoring a tap in. Negredo always gets the nod due to his commitment to work with the rest of the team and assist others, we're at a point where Silva isn't always going to be there to put it on a plate.
Bullocks, if you didn't have your blinders on you'll see that Dzeko is constantly looking to play a one-two, lay it off for Aguero or whoever is making the run. This is just complete nonsense about him not working with the rest of the team.

Haha.

I won't get involved in the subjective debate about Dzeko's greediness and inability to forge a partnership with the numerous top class strikers at city he's played with.

However. Bookmark this. He's going NOWHERE in January. No sale. No delusional loan. He'll take his medicine and play when called upon.

I liked him. His quotes, if confirmed, suggest he's afflicted with a sense of entitlement he shouldn't have at City.

You'd think having been at the club throughout the Tevez saga he'd know we only sell players we don't want to keep. If we want to keep him running his mouth is just going to cost him money.

Blue Haze said:
He doesn't like it here? Easy solution: sell
It's indeed the easiest and best solution. For City and Dzeko. The sooner the better.<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:58 am --<br /><br />
MillionDollarDream said:
People at the Mirror are already sarcastically saying Dzeko will deny these quotes.
Mirror the staple of objectivity and professional journalism.

I'm not Bosnian, I'm Mancunian but I find myself defending Edin on twitter against our so called away "fans".

Some of those wankers don't deserve the success we have had.

I back the team 100% and it makes me sick these fuckers stick the boot in, even personally tweeting Edin.

CUNTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.