Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
MillionDollarDream said:
Simon Mullock tweeted me saying Dzeko for the time being will only get games to give the Beauty and the Beast combo a breather, so I'd expect Dzeko to be starting against Sunderland.
Wonder if he's still but hurt after being called out on misquoting the interview. (one look at his twitter). Yup.

Jutt said:
but i think he just hasn't made due with the time he's gotten. We've got other strikers who are simply better. That doesn't make him a bad player though.

Pretty much sums it up.

I'm sure he'll get more than a few starts and also minutes off the bench. I doubt we'd sell in January (unless a replacement was available) but will probably be gone in the Summer.

Just hasn't really worked out for him here unfortunately.

Don't think Dzeko can have any complaints, he played well in the first game of the season and then quickly reverted to the Dzeko of last season, lazy, with a poor touch and an even worse attitude, Negredo has come in and proved himself to be the better player, he can hold the ball, is good in the air, has a better touch, a better understanding with Aguero and the rest of the players and is scoring goals. Can see Dzeko being sold maybe in January, think he needs to go to a team where he will play every week, unfortunately for him that's not going to happen for him here because the other forwards are better than him

I wish, he does not start vs Sunderland. Our defense is weakened, no Silva - no creativity, Yaya will be lazy, Navas is not delivering (does not suit our style of play :) ), Clichy will be atrocious again, Nasri is going to have day off, so it will be a time for beauty and the beast to make something on their own. Same applies for Bayern game.

Start Edin vs Plzen. Easy game, the "top class footballers" should rest.

If he showed a better attitude both on and off the pitch, and a bit of effort, he may convince the boss to give him more games. While he is not, why would Pellegrini start him other than to rest Neguero?

Rather than slag off Edin (i.e. negativity), why not simply praise the job that Sergio and Alvaro are doing (i.e. positivity), and at the same time have a look at what Edin's minutes per goal ratio is since he joined us, and you will see that all 3 have done a great job for the club. Why all this negativity and nastiness abounds in here I will never get

BringBackSwales said:
Rather than slag off Edin (i.e. negativity), why not simply praise the job that Sergio and Alvaro are doing (i.e. positivity), and at the same time have a look at what Edin's minutes per goal ratio is since he joined us, and you will see that all 3 have done a great job for the club. Why all this negativity and nastiness abounds in here I will never get

Could say the same for Dzeko really, he must be able to see that the Aguero and Negredo partnership is working at the minute, so why does he need to go running to the press for the second week in a row, moaning about not being in the team. All he will achieve by doing that is unsettling the dressing room, its not like his performances have warranted him a start ahead of Negredo, his attitude stinks. He should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on upping his workrate and working on his first touch.

woz_85 said:
BringBackSwales said:

Could say the same for Dzeko really, he must be able to see that the Aguero and Negredo partnership is working at the minute, so why does he need to go running to the press for the second week in a row, moaning about not being in the team. All he will achieve by doing that is unsettling the dressing room, its not like his performances have warranted him a start ahead of Negredo, his attitude stinks. He should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on upping his workrate and working on his first touch.
I usually dare not venture to the Dzeko thread, but in this case I certainly don't support Edin airing his dirty linen in public. If he does feel aggrieved by the treatment he is receiving, he should speak to MP privately. There is no way that he should speak to the media about his concerns.

I would also say that if I was MP I would be quite annoyed by this behaviour and therefore it could be counter-productive to Edin being reinstated to the run on team.

I needed about first 6 month of Dzekos city career to see what his problem is/was. I didnt want to say that before knowing it can damage his career. Now that he is 95 % off this club i will finally tell you the reason.
But before that i want to tell you something else. Pellegrini did not give him proper chance.
He was very good at pre season, won chinese barclays league trophy something like that, score 2 against Milan ....
Than in FIRST game he was MOTM by your club and league.
At second Cardiff game he scored beautiful opener and was subed by Negredo at 69 min ( ??????????? )
In next game agains Hull he was changed at half time ( again Negredo ?????? )
Than he gave a few games to Negredo.
Than he played tham both against Aston Villa. Dzeko scored that game, Negredo din not and he took Dzeko away at 74 min ( ??????? ).
The only BAD games that Dzeko had was aginst Bayern who played baiscaly 4 6 0 against Citys 4 4 2. Negredo in first 60 min with the same team would not do anything better.

Conclusion Pellegrini was much more unfair to Dzeko than Mancini. If you take Dzekos Bayern incident then Pellegrini is much much much much more unfair. Mancini at least ROTATED 4 top strikers. Pellegrini dont wont do rotate 1 pair of strikers Dzeko/Negredo. Pellegrini is absolutly the one to take all the credits and the blame on Dzeko. Or maybe Pellegrini 90 % and Dzeko 10 %.
I knew that Dzeko interview would happen and i fear for wors things to come.

JasminBosnia said:
I wish, he does not start vs Sunderland. Our defense is weakened, no Silva - no creativity, Yaya will be lazy, Navas is not delivering (does not suit our style of play :) ), Clichy will be atrocious again, Nasri is going to have day off, so it will be a time for beauty and the beast to make something on their own. Same applies for Bayern game.

Start Edin vs Plzen. Easy game, the "top class footballers" should rest.

I as a Bosnian fully agree to that. Let Aguero and The Beast destroy Sunderland as it is very important game. Bayern game also. Dzeko should play against Plzen so the other two can have a reast. Fair enough ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.