Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
NI Blue said:
Edin unfortunately is not prepared to get stuck in and like it or not that is what the premiership is about sometimes. Sticking a foot or head in, tackling hard, supporting team mates caught out of position, running till you drop....... Edin wont do this .. the beast will.
THIS all day long

noise said:
sir baconface said:
football-fan said:
You are wrong. Such big coach as Pellegrini is he has at least 5 moves/games planed in advance. I for one must say that I did not ONCE said bad things on Mancini in any Bosnian or other forum. But I DID said that i have very bad feeling on Pellegrini/Dzeko and i was unfortunately right.
Pellegrini did some things good don get me wrong.
- Finally playing Nasri in first 11 ( instead od Milner, Navas )
- Use Kolarov ( who was as Dzeko on a verge of leaving ) on 2 positions ( left winger and left defender ) which means more playing time and one less unsettled player.
- You should not wory about Hart. It is just a trick to make an expresion that he have to fight for his place so you can get the most out of him. In few games he will be back and will play for the reast of the season.
- But he did very poor regarding Dzeko. The chance he gave him was minimal or less. He wanted him to be a super sub. Why. Because there is not ONE player in the world who is better than Dzeko and WOULD want to play as 3 striker.
- Jovetic will be the Dzeko 2 scenario ( I can explain later ).

Dzeko did a lot good things in this club. The reason i am writing this is that i want Dzeko and CIty to finish in positive way and the City fans to remember Dzeko as one of this club great players. Dzeko should be sold in JAN for at least four reasons:
1) His price wil decrease he was worth 20 mil. EUR ( before this season ), will be around 15 mil. EUR ( in JAN.), 10 mil. EUR ( in summer ) and 5 or less mil. EUR ( in last 6 months ). + his big wages
2) He will never be good SUB. He did it last year just to prove everybody how good he is ( in spite ). He will NEVER do it this year, because that would mean that he is satisfied with the SUB position.
3) You will already have hard time getting good 3 choice striker. The longer this saga continue the less players will want to come. Not to mention English TOP players, you can forget about those.
4) FIFA fair play

- Bonus question do you really think you know the reason why van Persie did not join City. Do you really think it is Marwood or Mancinis fault, really ??

I think you overlook the fact that Pelle left out Negredo at the start of the season despite the Beast being his own signing and despite some excellent appearances as sub. His reason? To give Dzeko his chance which, to be fair, his pre-season performances deserved. We were all saying he looked like a new man.

Time has moved on. Negredo fought like fuck to make the starting berth his own and he's now forged a fantastic partnership with El Kun. He's skilful, he's intelligent and he's got balls - but he's humble and takes nothing for granted.

Dzeko's a decent player but he must realise he's playing for one of the most ambitious and potentially powerful clubs in Europe. At this level there is no "entitlement" to be selected. You either shine or risk losing out. This is what you accept when you sign up to a lucrative contract with MCFC.

If he does move on it will be when City deem the time and price right. We owe him nothing, just as he's show by his interview that he doesn't owe us.
I think we can all agree, the best course of action at this point is for Edin to pickup golf.

Not at all. You've missed my point completely. How does that repay our investment?

He has 3 options:

1) Fight to regain his place
2) Accept with good grace he's currently third choice but put in a good shift when selected.
3) Hand in a transfer request.

Re 2 and 3, the club will decide if and when he moves on. They will also decide what is an acceptable price for a guy who cost a big transfer fee plus a substantial wage packet. They won't give him away and why should they?

I really don't know how you guys do it. Day in, day out, same shit over and over again. Long ass paragraphs consisting of the same issue already talked about fourteen times. For some of you it must have become a full time job and the debate would be nice if you guys came to a conclusion after months. But that will not happen here, ever.

sir baconface said:
noise said:
sir baconface said:
I think you overlook the fact that Pelle left out Negredo at the start of the season despite the Beast being his own signing and despite some excellent appearances as sub. His reason? To give Dzeko his chance which, to be fair, his pre-season performances deserved. We were all saying he looked like a new man.

Time has moved on. Negredo fought like fuck to make the starting berth his own and he's now forged a fantastic partnership with El Kun. He's skilful, he's intelligent and he's got balls - but he's humble and takes nothing for granted.

Dzeko's a decent player but he must realise he's playing for one of the most ambitious and potentially powerful clubs in Europe. At this level there is no "entitlement" to be selected. You either shine or risk losing out. This is what you accept when you sign up to a lucrative contract with MCFC.

If he does move on it will be when City deem the time and price right. We owe him nothing, just as he's show by his interview that he doesn't owe us.
I think we can all agree, the best course of action at this point is for Edin to pickup golf.

Not at all. You've missed my point completely. How does that repay our investment?

He has 3 options:

2) Accept with good grace he's currently third choice but put in a good shift when selected.

Re 2 and 3, the club will decide if and when he moves on. They will also decide what is an acceptable price for a guy who cost a big transfer fee plus a substantial wage packet. They won't give him away and why should they?
Can't fight when you don't get a chance to play.

sir baconface said:
noise said:
sir baconface said:

He has 3 options:

I think Dzeko did or will chose the 3 option.
Aguero fights/run the most. Negredo fights/runs less than Aguero but still more than Dzeko. Dzeko can not run as much as Aguero because:
He is a very tall player. In 99 % smaler players are more agile and can run more. Negredo is tall but not as tall as Dzeko. 7,8 cm taler player than Dzeko would be even less agile than Dzeko. The body of tall player needs more oxygen and just can not run as much as smaler players can. It is not that Dzeko dont want to. That is the reason why Dzeko dont close down defenders and also because he is shit at defending. I disagree that he only scores. He can hold the ball and pass quit good, but not as good as Negredo.
The Dzeko / Aguero combination could work and did work very well at title wining season. It would work great this year also if City had like United 2 starter strikers and 2 bench strikers. Because CIty have at least 3 starting strikers. It is in a way logical that Aguero wants to play more with Negredo. BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT AGUERO / DZEKO COMBINATION WOULD NOT BE BETTER THAN AGUERO / NEGREDO. Unofortunately this will never be found up at this coach.

without a dream said:
Not sure he'd fit Dortmund, unless their style has changed they ask their front men to do a hell of a lot of pressing, Dzeko has shown no interest in this aspect of the game.

They also like their players to be able to control the ball.

mancity5 said:
without a dream said:
Not sure he'd fit Dortmund, unless their style has changed they ask their front men to do a hell of a lot of pressing, Dzeko has shown no interest in this aspect of the game.

They also like players who are proven Bundesliga record holders.

noise said:
sir baconface said:
noise said:

He has 3 options:

Can't fight when you don't get a chance to play.

He has, and he'll get more chances. Hope he's not as defeatist as you sound or he'll go out of this club in bad odour.

noise said:
mancity5 said:
without a dream said:

They also like players who are proven Bundesliga record holders.
Apart from the biggest transfer fee (selling wise), what records does Dzeko hold in the Bundesliga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.