Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zlatan said:
mgreenz97 said:
bluethunder said:
wow. it is amazing how you get away with making racist statements like that.

what's more amazing is that you consider Bosnian to be a race as opposed to a nationality.

I agree. But why did you say IT any way ?

fair point maybe saying fucking bosnians was a bit extreme
I don't have a problem with Bosnians as a nationality, but I do have a problem with their tendency to think that their own countries players are absolute world beaters when in reality they just aren't.

I'm Bosnian and I think dzeko is far from world class. I also followed city before he even came and joined this site before he came. I do think he takes a lot of heat though some deserved some really uncalled for. Most Bosnians think his the best bc simply we have nothing positive that comes out of our country for a long time especially after the war so his is and idol to most.

mgreenz97 said:
Zlatan said:
mgreenz97 said:
what's more amazing is that you consider Bosnian to be a race as opposed to a nationality.

I don't have a problem with Bosnians as a nationality, but I do have a problem with their tendency to think that their own countries players are absolute world beaters when in reality they just aren't.

You are true in reality Bosnian players are not world beaters. But they are one of the best in world they are. If national team of 2.000.000 mil. - 3.000.000 mil. country is in TOP 15 in the world it means something. They have had 4-5 years off blody war. The whole one or two generations were lost. The Core of Bosnian team are the players which were borned as a refugies in the western europe. Because Bosnia didnt have even basic courts, and everything neded to create o good player. So the fact that Bosnian players , refugies in W. Europe are in majority much much beter and more talented than germans, swiss, austrians ... and other players tell something about them. If Bosnia didnt have those refugiess borned in W. Europe and trained in normal conditions they wouldnt be in TOP 15 they would be hardly in TOP 50.
As for Dzeko they adore him because he is a striker, they know he is better than he showed in City ( unfortunately to both sides ) in his last seasons and thay would like to be known as a country with great players in the world. They dont hate you people here,, but thay can be irrational which I saw in the posts of some.
I Hope u understand it more now.

mgreenz97 said:
Zlatan said:
mgreenz97 said:

They do tend to see the world through heavy duty blinkers. And I can't understand why they ''follow'' (not support) a team simply because one of their fellow countrymen is at that club. I would hazard a guess that if/when Edin leaves City, there won't be more than one or two Bosnians left on here. Bizarre.

jimharri said:
mgreenz97 said:
Zlatan said:

They do tend to see the world through heavy duty blinkers. And I can't understand why they ''follow'' (not support) a team simply because one of their fellow countrymen is at that club. I would hazard a guess that if/when Edin leaves City, there won't be more than one or two Bosnians left on here. Bizarre.

They support player more than a team because they have a big need to be indentifated with him who is a known person. Thru him they want to show them self in the world + they are really crazy about footbal. Had many great footballers in PAST, And Balkans in general are one of the most talented population of world in football. If you just see how many talented players are in that area.

I think some of our English comrades are envious because they've lost almost all sense of national pride over the last 30 years, and I'm not talkinga about just in football. They probably don't even know if they're English or British?

Bosnian supporters are truly fanatical and unrealistic, but I love the fact that they would die for the team. One Slovakian guy asked a Bosnian fan last week why they travel so much with the team and are constantly singing and cheering? The Bosnian supporter told him "you got your country with a signature of a pen, and I got mine by losing two brothers in the bloody war".

Dzeko may not really be "the best", but he is the BEST to us and we love him. I can appreciate some of the criticism he gets when it's deserved, even I do it, but the few on here who are constantly bashing him should be ashamed of themselves.

BosnianDiamond said:
I think some of our English comrades are envious because they've lost almost all sense of national pride over the last 30 years, and I'm not talkinga about just in football. They probably don't even know if they're English or British?

Bosnian supporters are truly fanatical and unrealistic, but I love the fact that they would die for the team. One Slovakian guy asked a Bosnian fan last week why they travel so much with the team and are constantly singing and cheering? The Bosnian supporter told him "you got your country with a signature of a pen, and I got mine by losing two brothers in the bloody war".

Dzeko may not really be "the best", but he is the BEST to us and we love him. I can appreciate some of the criticism he gets when it's deserved, even I do it, but the few on here who are constantly bashing him should be ashamed of themselves.

And why are u provocating them. You DO the same thing as they do to bash bosnians. Why do you bash their country ? It is not OK. May I ask you how old are you ?

Zlatan said:
mgreenz97 said:
Zlatan said:

You are true in reality Bosnian players are not world beaters. But they are one of the best in world they are. If national team of 2.000.000 mil. - 3.000.000 mil. country is in TOP 15 in the world it means something. They have had 4-5 years off blody war. The whole one or two generations were lost. The Core of Bosnian team are the players which were borned as a refugies in the western europe. Because Bosnia didnt have even basic courts, and everything neded to create o good player. So the fact that Bosnian players , refugies in W. Europe are in majority much much beter and more talented than germans, swiss, austrians ... and other players tell something about them. If Bosnia didnt have does refugiess borned in W. Europe and trained in normal condisions they wouldnt be in TOP 15 they would be hardly in TOP 50.
As for Dzeko they adore him because he is a striker, they know he is better than he shows right now and thay would like to be known as a country with great players in the world. They dont hate you people here , but thay can be irrational which I saw in there posts of some.
I Hope u understand it more now.

Don't worry Zlatan, we don't need lawyer or someone to explain us Bosnians. There is nothing wrong with wishing for Dzeko to leave City (since it seems City don't need him) and go to club where he wil play regulary and by adding some of his achivements in process. I'm confused with passion of some fans to offend Dzeko and Bosnians. One of my best friends is Englishman who married my relative and lives in Bosnia for more than 15 years. Worked with Englishman in several different countries and have nothing but nice expirience which I will always remember. Howevere, on this tread, here I'm exchanching posts with some people who easilly cross the line. It is obvious they are not even close to Englishman I had a pleasure to meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.