Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me make an observation here. People seem to be too caught up in this debate about certain players and it is for their own reasons. I am from former Yugoslavia which means that I really like Kolarov, Nastasic, Jovetic and Dzeko and I will admit that I became a City fan when Mancini was appointed to be the coach (I knew he likes players from my part of the world and knew they would be coming, so I thought I'd become a fan in advance). But, that doesn't mean that I dislike Aguero who is an absolutely amazing player. It doesn't mean that I don't like Clichy who is so fast and really good defensively when in one on one situations.

Most others though seem to be offended when you criticize their favorite player. I do feel that Dzeko receives an unfair amount of criticism. He is an awesome player and usually his trouble is in the lack of service he receives. But, Aguero is an awesome player as well. I was so glad when in the Plzen game Aguero found Dzeko for the first goal of the game. It should have shut up those who claim Aguero is selfish and those who think poorly of Dzeko. It didn't work out that way because most of you found other issues to cry about, but the assist was pretty sweet. I am completely convinced that Aguero is not selfish. He seems like a very nice guy. It's just that the way he learnt to play is to run with the ball straight or to the right. He is not Ozil, he is someone else, but still an amazing player.

So, I'd suggest to all us foreign fans who like Man City because of our nationals in it: let's be fair. While we will probably leave the City bandwagon if and when players from our countries leave the club, let's at least for the time being, while these players are with the team, let's support Manchester City and not just individual players in it.

p.s. special compliments to the English fans. Although you guys can come across quite arrogant (maybe it's the way you speak), you are extremely humble when it comes to English players in Man City. James Milner is such a good player, I really think that he is very valuable and although you guys complain about him being used on the wing, I think he matches with Zabba or Micah better than Navas and I miss his contributions. Also, Gareth Barry was unfairly released, and you guys didn't complain much. We need to learn from you in this department. Cheers.

shadowyu said:
Let me make an observation here. People seem to be too caught up in this debate about certain players and it is for their own reasons. I am from former Yugoslavia which means that I really like Kolarov, Nastasic, Jovetic and Dzeko and I will admit that I became a City fan when Mancini was appointed to be the coach (I knew he likes players from my part of the world and knew they would be coming, so I thought I'd become a fan in advance). But, that doesn't mean that I dislike Aguero who is an absolutely amazing player. It doesn't mean that I don't like Clichy who is so fast and really good defensively when in one on one situations.

Most others though seem to be offended when you criticize their favorite player. I do feel that Dzeko receives an unfair amount of criticism. He is an awesome player and usually his trouble is in the lack of service he receives. But, Aguero is an awesome player as well. I was so glad when in the Plzen game Aguero found Dzeko for the first goal of the game. It should have shut up those who claim Aguero is selfish and those who think poorly of Dzeko. It didn't work out that way because most of you found other issues to cry about, but the assist was pretty sweet. I am completely convinced that Aguero is not selfish. He seems like a very nice guy. It's just that the way he learnt to play is to run with the ball straight or to the right. He is not Ozil, he is someone else, but still an amazing player.

So, I'd suggest to all us foreign fans who like Man City because of our nationals in it: let's be fair. While we will probably leave the City bandwagon if and when players from our countries leave the club, let's at least for the time being, while these players are with the team, let's support Manchester City and not just individual players in it.

p.s. special compliments to the English fans. Although you guys can come across quite arrogant (maybe it's the way you speak), you are extremely humble when it comes to English players in Man City. James Milner is such a good player, I really think that he is very valuable and although you guys complain about him being used on the wing, I think he matches with Zabba or Micah better than Navas and I miss his contributions. Also, Gareth Barry was unfairly released, and you guys didn't complain much. We need to learn from you in this department. Cheers.

A good, fair post.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ex-man-city-striker-rosler-dzeko-happier-under-pellegrini-3981140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... ni-3981140</a>

Former Manchester City star Uwe Rosler believes Edin Dzeko is finding his best form under new manager Manuel Pellegrini.

Rosler says it is obvious Dzeko didn't get along with former City boss Roberto Mancini.

The Brentford manager told the Manchester Evening News: "Last season, I guess and judging by his body language as well, the chemistry between him and the manager (Roberto Mancini) was not always of the optimum.

"I am sure that would have affected his confidence in his general play.

"Edin, I think, has already said this season in an interview that he feels like a new player, he feels confident and he feels he has the support of the new manager.

"Strikers need that confidence from a manager.

"If they go for a certain spell without scoring any goals, they still need to be playing and still be the focal point of what the team is trying to do.

"When Edin gets that confidence I think he can deliver for City what is needed."

Neil McNab said:
bosnie87 said:
All strikers miss "easy" chances. Persie is a "world class" striker and missed an open goal yesterday, Rooney also missed that pass/shot when he rounded the keeper. Aguero's miss in the end of the game was worse than any of Dzekos chances yesterday..

As long as Dzeko plays he will score 2 goals in 3 games, just like he has all of his career. The only things that bothers me about him is his running, it looks like he's jogging all the time, rarely runs in full speed and he should pass the ball better, too often tries a difficult pass
He hasn't averaged anywhere near 2 goals every 3 games in his career.

OK?

League goals the last seasons

08/09 - 1 goal every 101 min
09/10 - 1 goal every 136 min
10/11 - 1 goal every 197 min
11/12 - 1 goal every 108 min
12/13 - 1 goal every 130 min

Average 1 goal every 134min

3 full matches is 270min and Dzeko scores 2 goals in 268min on average.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Armaan - how can you say only Dzeko attracts the abuse from the " told you he's a donkey " brigade ?
Have you seen the hysterical bile poured out onto Garcia, Lescott , Kolarov , Nasri ( well , until last night , but I'm sure they will revert to type as soon as they see a drop in form)and I see Fernandinho being lined up for scapegoating recently.

They get slagged on for things they can't control. Bit unfair in my opinion.

Garcia played at CB but isn't a CB by any means. He plays in the mid and from what little action he saw yesterday when he was subbed in, did fairly OK. But most likely, people will only remember the Cardiff game.

Lescott get's abuse because "he's slow", again nothing he can do about that. Also go and look at 90% of the worlds CB, they are all slow. Very rarely do you find a CB who is fast. A hot commodity these days because of the style of play in Europe has changed.

Kolarov get's it because, well to be honest he does make some bone headed mistakes and not the greatest defender but going forward he is superior to Clichy.

Nasri was getting slagged because he didn't look like he brought anything to the table but in reality he has been played out of position because Silva currently occupies it.

In the heat of the moment any slagging on a player that messes up on a play, I think is justifiable. But only for the moment. Most of the abuse heaped on to these players goes on and on and on. Sometimes as I've seen in Edin's case, people will criticize that he doesn't play defense, then when he does play some defense people will complain that he isn't passing well, then when he does pass well people will complain about how little he runs, then people will complain at missed chances and god help him if he makes a goal because people will complain that he should have had 3 or 4 and then people will complain about this and that and this and that.

It's like trying to satisfy Donald Trump.

To be fair we bought Garcia because he could play both CB and DM. So to say he's playing out of position therefore it's not his fault he's poor is inaccurate. If Aguero was playing at CH then that argument would make sense, but Garcia has played CH in the past. Which is a big reason he was purchased. To provide cover in multiple positions.

bosnie87 said:
Neil McNab said:
bosnie87 said:
All strikers miss "easy" chances. Persie is a "world class" striker and missed an open goal yesterday, Rooney also missed that pass/shot when he rounded the keeper. Aguero's miss in the end of the game was worse than any of Dzekos chances yesterday..

As long as Dzeko plays he will score 2 goals in 3 games, just like he has all of his career. The only things that bothers me about him is his running, it looks like he's jogging all the time, rarely runs in full speed and he should pass the ball better, too often tries a difficult pass
He hasn't averaged anywhere near 2 goals every 3 games in his career.

OK?

League goals the last seasons

08/09 - 1 goal every 101 min
09/10 - 1 goal every 136 min
10/11 - 1 goal every 197 min
11/12 - 1 goal every 108 min
12/13 - 1 goal every 130 min

Average 1 goal every 134min

3 full matches is 270min and Dzeko scores 2 goals in 268min on average.

That's pretty good math there.

I made this video, enjoy :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up0N66M_RXg[/youtube]

bosnie87 said:
I made this video, enjoy :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up0N66M_RXg[/youtube]

I hope Dzeko leaves City. That will be the best for him....., City can manage without him, at least that is what they traying to do for some time (since he scored 4 goals to Liverp.). Therefore, maybe, it will be the best for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.