Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty said:
Zlatan said:
kismet said:
I don't know whether I've mentioned this before but we have only won the league 3 times in over 120 years, in 1936..................................only joking, and yes I've been a bit repetitive.....however it's not like we win the league often and we will never , ever repeat the climax to what happened in May 2012. It was out of this world.

So why am I such a big Edin fan ? Watching CIty for over 50 years I've often gone to watch them train and have been several times with Doug Higgy who does the training reports on this site. After one such trip, we had to use stepladders to peer over the fence, I went round to the main entrance. A few people were hoping to catch a glimpse of the players and Edin pulled up in his motor and signed a few autographs. I got chatting with him and you could not wish to meet a nicer guy, humble and dedicated to City. One of the nicest players I have ever met and I put him up there with other genuine nice guys I was lucky to have a chat with, Nicolas Anelka, Colin Bell and Tommy Booth are others who have all the time in the world for the fans.

His goalscoring record speaks for itself, with us, with Wolfsburg and with his country. Wolfsburg fans never forget what he did for them and respect his achievements. I still think he is a key squad player although he clearly has a battle with Negredo for his place. I think we should respect him for what he achieved. His goal against QPR was the turning point, it was key, it was the game changer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only 3 Premiership titles in 120 years, he was integral to our final one.

He is not only great person he is also very good player who had a big chance to become o WC player. And still have a very small one.
There are some coaches like Arsene Wenger who only buys when it is necessary and who take maximum off all of his players which is much more fair play. That is the reason ( for example ) for how Nasri plays here and at Arsenal. And on the long run they get rewarded. ( Ozil - a big reward ). Just watch how will Arsenal play this year in PL in CL. There are some teams, coaches who just buy everything they can, overcrowded a lot of positions and dont use theirs players to full of theirs potential. Chelsea few years back. These days City is one of them. I would not answer that if i had not saw on this tread how Giroud is much much better player than Dzeko which would be his sub. It is absolutely not true by any means. His last game was disastrous. The only thing which is true that he is used by Wenger to his maximum potential. He is the same age as Dzeko, worse in almost everything. He is a lot cheaper player and not as near as good finisher. Theirs achievements so far also can not be compared. Dzeko in his place with cemented place ( and no real competition ) would be a world beater. He would just continue where he left at the Wolfsburg. So you should all just be happy to have player of that caliber at your club. But i fear that things had gone to other direction and dont see him playing here long anymore.
So, just to summarise, it isn't Dzeko's fault that he's inconsistent, and that on more occasions than he should, he's off form and pretty poor. In fact it's City's fault, because we actually have a squad with other options in it besides Dzeko? Silly us, from now on we must only buy 1 real striker, just like Arsenal, so we are forced to play Dzeko all the time, that way he'll be excellent.
To be fair, the excuses do have to be more creative now that Mancini's gone.

'Selective tackling' is a personal favourite

pudge said:
Matty said:
Zlatan said:
He is not only great person he is also very good player who had a big chance to become o WC player. And still have a very small one.
There are some coaches like Arsene Wenger who only buys when it is necessary and who take maximum off all of his players which is much more fair play. That is the reason ( for example ) for how Nasri plays here and at Arsenal. And on the long run they get rewarded. ( Ozil - a big reward ). Just watch how will Arsenal play this year in PL in CL. There are some teams, coaches who just buy everything they can, overcrowded a lot of positions and dont use theirs players to full of theirs potential. Chelsea few years back. These days City is one of them. I would not answer that if i had not saw on this tread how Giroud is much much better player than Dzeko which would be his sub. It is absolutely not true by any means. His last game was disastrous. The only thing which is true that he is used by Wenger to his maximum potential. He is the same age as Dzeko, worse in almost everything. He is a lot cheaper player and not as near as good finisher. Theirs achievements so far also can not be compared. Dzeko in his place with cemented place ( and no real competition ) would be a world beater. He would just continue where he left at the Wolfsburg. So you should all just be happy to have player of that caliber at your club. But i fear that things had gone to other direction and dont see him playing here long anymore.
So, just to summarise, it isn't Dzeko's fault that he's inconsistent, and that on more occasions than he should, he's off form and pretty poor. In fact it's City's fault, because we actually have a squad with other options in it besides Dzeko? Silly us, from now on we must only buy 1 real striker, just like Arsenal, so we are forced to play Dzeko all the time, that way he'll be excellent.

He is a pure striker. For him not to tackle in the middle of the field with no goal opportunity on either side is not worth mentioning.
It just shows how low are some going just to slate him. And by doing so they provoke the answer of some, me included.
Those people just did not never played any kind of sport and dont have a clue, or just dislike him for some of the reason/s.

Thomas Muller criticises Manchester City strikers

By Matt Domm, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 11:53 UK
Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller has criticised the lack of movement of the Manchester City strikers in the 3-1 win at the Etihad last week.

Muller said that he was deployed more centrally for Bayern to take control of the midfield, which led to City's forward men being isolated on the night.

"Through that [change of role] we wanted to gain superiority in midfield," Muller told Kicker. "I am not the kind of player who waits to get the ball in one-on-one situations with the defender, but rather the guy that drops deep or tries to come through over the wing - and who also helps his team defensively.

"Manchester had two attackers who - and I exaggerate a bit - sat in their deckchairs the halfway line when we were in possession. No attacker is allowed to do that at Bayern or the Germany team."

Muller has 16 goals in 44 appearances for Germany.

Well said, Thomas!
That's why you did all the 3 goals for Bayern.
Oh No Wait!...

Zlatan said:
pudge said:
Matty said:

He is a pure striker. For him not to tackle in the middle of the field with no goal opportunity on either side is not worth mentioning.
It just shows how low are some going just to slate him. And by doing so they provoke the answer of some, me included.
Those people just did not never played any kind of sport and dont have a clue, or just dislike him for some of the reason/s.
What about Muller?

Zlatan said:
pudge said:
Matty said:

Let's forget Dzeko's aggression and tackling for a minute.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen him receive a ball to his feet, and he can't do the simple thing and control it and pass it on to a teammate. It's not even worth talking about balls in the air to him because he hardly even makes an effort to challenge his defender, and gets beat time after time.

Zlatan, no one has a personal vendetta against Dzeko. We're all City fans and want him to do well for the club because he's our player, but he's failed to impress except for on a few rare occasions after watching 2+ years of him. That's just not good enough. No one denies that he can be a great striker on his day, but those days are few and far between.

Zlatan said:
pudge said:
Matty said:

I dont dislike him, and when he leaves I will value his contributions to our success. But he is lazy, he is inconsistent and frankly I'm a bit sick of him sitting on his arse complaining to the ref that he got beaten in a fair tackle while the rest of the players get on with the game.

The difference between his performances and Negredo's has been enormous and my hope is that Edin will spend the next month or so on the bench, or in the standards watching the effort, courage and selflessness of Negredo and realise he needs to lift his game.

And no matter how much peopke try to excuse away his bottle job against Robben that sort of effort will never be acceptable.

Growing trend is of having a complete striker, those who can score but graft, create, and work hard for the team. I mean, Mario Gomez is probably the best finisher around and scored for fun at Bayern, but they ditched him in favour of Mandzukic, less of a finisher but more of an overall player... and it helped improve Bayern's strength as a team. I'd say we have a very similar situation with Dzeko and Negredo except there is less of a gap between them as goal scorers as there is between Gomez and Mandzukic, which isn't good for Dzeko. Dzeko is useful as our rotation option and impact sub, but we all know that is not a role he wants and I think that's why this will be his final season at City while he still has some value (contract up in June 2015). Logic points towards him joining Dortmund next summer (when Lewandowski leaves) if there can be a wage compromise, but if not there might be other teams interested.

pudge said:
Zlatan said:
pudge said:

What about Muller?

Muller is better than Dzeko in:
Pace, aggressivness, passing and he is quicker
Dzeko is better more complete striker with stronger both feet. ( long and sometimes short ranged shots )
Muller is playing at false number 9 , Dzeko is pure number 9.
Which one is better depends in which team / style do you play them.
So Muller should be compared more to Aguero who is milessssssssssss better.

Zlatan said:
pudge said:
Zlatan said:
What about Muller?

Dzeko is better more complete striker with stronger both feet. ( long and sometimes short ranged shots )
I'm referring to Muller's comments on how lazy our strikers were, although if you watched the game you'll know Aguero ran himself into the ground.

Does Muller then have a personal dislike of Dzeko by your logic then? Or has he never played the game and just an illusion?

LoveCity said:
Growing trend is of having a complete striker, those who can score but graft, create, and work hard for the team. I mean, Mario Gomez is probably the best finisher around and scored for fun at Bayern, but they ditched him in favour of Mandzukic, less of a finisher but more of an overall player... and it helped improve Bayern's strength as a team. I'd say we have a very similar situation with Dzeko and Negredo except there is less of a gap between them as goal scorers as there is between Gomez and Mandzukic, which isn't good for Dzeko. Dzeko is useful as our rotation option and impact sub, but we all know that is not a role he wants and I think that's why this will be his final season at City while he still has some value (contract up in June 2015). Logic points towards him joining Dortmund next summer (when Lewandowski leaves) if there can be a wage compromise, but if not there might be other teams interested.

Negredo is not complete striker either.
Falcao, Suarez, Rooney ( not from last season ), Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Cavanni, van Persie ,Lewandowski, Aguero, Higuain, .... are much much better. He will not bring to your great club what those kind of players would bring. And that is at least 90 %.
Better for me not to go that he is one footed. It will be hugely important on big games when they would make him shoot with his right foot.
The only think i blame Dzeko is his lack of agrressivnes , which is slightly better this year ( Newcastle, Carling Cup game , ....
Dzeko can not be great in running, passing and so on, the same as Negredo will never bi good with his right foot, dribbling and so on

-- Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:12 pm --

pudge said:
Zlatan said:
pudge said:
What about Muller?

I'm referring to Muller's comments on how lazy our strikers were, although if you watched the game you'll know Aguero ran himself into the ground.

Does Muller then have a personal dislike of Dzeko by your logic then? Or has he never played the game and just an illusion?

If you are saying Muller was better that night than Aguero. It dont mean anything. Aguero is miles better. In the same Bayern team Aguero would played better that night than Muller.
Muller dont have anything against him ( i think ). He was hugely respected in Germany and still is in smaller way. He had status like Aguero, van Persie, Suarez have in UK. He was chosen BY PLAYERS as a BEST PLAYER in the league. Ant that says it all.
THE CITY-s STRIKERS WERE LAZY because they were cut of the supply. The four in midfield ( with very bad Navas ), could not produce as the 5 in Bayern midfield ( with great wingers ). And that was said by 85 % poster in every thread. the team was wrong for that kind of opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.