El Shaarawy

pavelsrnicek said:
IF we're interested in El Shaarawy and he wants to come and more importantly Milan decide to sell, we would be in pole position. They owe us money for Mario, their benefactor could be away for some time and Milan won't want Kaka's wages. He may be an alternative for Isco as he also plays left side (though more of a forward) but can play left of a 4-3-3.

Berlusconi has had these scandals every year for as long as anyone can remember, he has been jailed about 5 times & nothing ever happens. Berlusconi does not put even one pound into the club anymore & Milan because of this have balanced accounts & a low wage bill, so as far as Berlusconi his concerned he invests nothing in the club. El Shaarawy looks homesick playing at his home club, so that suggests a foreign experience would not be for him.

He has played badly for 6 months so could you see him getting a regular game in a side that spend so much & buy so many players?

Just seen this

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2013-06-25/football/transfer-news-man-city-have-competition-from-real-madrid-for-el-shaarawy-1905754112/#inscore_ifheight_xdc_1587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/ ... t_xdc_1587</a>

Probably rubbish but was it Real who hacked our transfer database LOL

Marvin said:
I know the link is very suspect but a few points:

1) El-Shaarawy is 20. Younger than Isco. Younger than Balotelli and very very talented. If he appeared in an u-21 tournament he'd stand out

2) We need a striker a lot more than we need a midfielder

3) Strikers generally cost more

4) I suggested el-Shaarawy as a potential partner for Aguero before. Unlike Dzeko, and Tevez he is seriously quick, and an ideal foil for Aguero

5) I prefer him to Balotelli because he's a team player.

All good points

NQCitizen said:
Marvin said:

1) El-Shaarawy is 20. Younger than Isco. Younger than Balotelli and very very talented. If he appeared in an u-21 tournament he'd stand out

4) I suggested el-Shaarawy as a potential partner for Aguero before. Unlike Dzeko, and Tevez he is seriously quick, and an ideal foil for Aguero

All good points
One thing's for sure... if losing out on Isco became a personal matter for Madrid, then losing out on El Shaarawy to Madrid will be more than personal for us.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
MVB said:
Good to be on here. I am a big follower of Milan.

I just do not see Stephan El Shaarawy as a good signing for a big spending side. The guy has had 3 good months in his whole career. Then from the middle of December onwards he has overall struggled like hell. He only ever wants to play on the left side & after watching every Milan game he has never played well in any other position & that includes the second striker position where he lacks both the talent & intelligence to play them sort of positions. He plays on the left & all he ever does his cut in on his right foot & cannot use his left foot at all, when people realised what he was doing he stopped being effective.

The main problem with El Shaarawy though is how he lacks confidence, he has played badly over along period & does not seem to know what to do & this is playing on a stage where he his comfortable & for the team he supports. I could see him struggling both technically & mentally if he ever moved to a foreign league.

He really should not be anywhere near the Italy squad because he his struggling like hell & in my opinion City have not done their scouting very well if they think this guy his worth a huge sum. City could probably target 50 or more players who are better & cheaper than El Shaarawy.

He may improve & prove me to be totally wrong, but I have seen all his games & he really is'nt that good. At the moment though he would need to improve in 90% of his play to become consistently good. He has good pace & good workrate but most of the time he his on the wing & does not dribble well.

He lost his way well before Mario Balotelli arrived so I would not blame him at all & El Shaarawy played the same position after Balotelli arrived so that is not an excuse. He got left out near the end of last season & should have been left out on more accasions. With City having many big money players, he would never get near the Manchester City side unless he starts to improve in a big way.
Not sure I buy this, he was top scorer in Serie A before Balotelli arrived.

The goals had started to dry up well before he arrived.

El Shaarawy was terrible in late August & September & then suddenly the next 2 & half months where when he got all his goals(through to middle of December last year) & then suddenly performances with & without Balotelli in the team where for both Milan & Italy where overall poor. He played with Balotelli for Italy in November 2012 when in the middle of his goal rush & they both played well.

It seems that he just does the same trick everytime & if you are not top class like say a Robben then people will just stop you easily & then suddenly what you know does'nt work & then your confidence goes.

MVB said:
pavelsrnicek said:
IF we're interested in El Shaarawy and he wants to come and more importantly Milan decide to sell, we would be in pole position. They owe us money for Mario, their benefactor could be away for some time and Milan won't want Kaka's wages. He may be an alternative for Isco as he also plays left side (though more of a forward) but can play left of a 4-3-3.

Berlusconi has had these scandals every year for as long as anyone can remember, he has been jailed about 5 times & nothing ever happens. Berlusconi does not put even one pound into the club anymore & Milan because of this have balanced accounts & a low wage bill, so as far as Berlusconi his concerned he invests nothing in the club. El Shaarawy looks homesick playing at his home club, so that suggests a foreign experience would not be for him.

He has played badly for 6 months so could you see him getting a regular game in a side that spend so much & buy so many players?
You must really hate him, did he nail you're mum or something? Everytime I have seen him he has been excellent and the stand-out player, and the other Milan fan on here sings his praises

Bottomless_Sailor said:
NQCitizen said:
Marvin said:

All good points
One thing's for sure... if losing out on Isco became a personal matter for Madrid, then losing out on El Shaarawy to Madrid will be more than personal for us.

All in all I'd rather take Jovetic but SES would be brilliant in bringing back the livewire sort of player we've missed in sluggish play

SergioInAddedTime said:
MVB said:
pavelsrnicek said:

You must really hate him, did he nail you're mum or something? Everytime I have seen him he has been excellent and the stand-out player, and the other Milan fan on here sings his praises

I have seen Milan play every game this season & in many games he has been rubbish. He was left out at the end of the season & was barely making it past half time in other games. I have nothing at all against him & hope he turns into a top player, but he has along way to go on current form. I mean he was struggling to such an extent that players like Robinho & Niang where getting a game in front of him, Niang did not score in 20 games all season & Robinho scored 2 goals. El Shaarawy scored something like 1 goal in his last 23 games.

I would say the same about many other Milan players if the rumours started, like I said above Niang is another that is well thought of, but for very little reason yet. As I have seen over the years Milan are brilliant at bulling up players who in some cases are not really all that. Galliani will always bull up players like De Sciglio,Niang & El Shaarawy because Milan really do not have any world class players anymore after losing so many in 2011 & especially in 2012 & not replacing them.

Everyone at Milan hope that some of these youngsters can develop like De Sciglio,Niang, El Shaarawy & so on, but we have to wait & see. Look at Alexandre Pato who was brilliant at 17 & now at 23 he his poor.

I hope we get him, if nothing else because I used my £10 free skybet and put it on him to join at 8/1 a few weeks back

CTID101 said:
No matter the situation in Spain they will always be perfectly fine with finances. They won't bat an eye to paying whatever it costs to get who they want.

That's true but the people who have persistently bailed them out are no longer in a position to do so. The Spanish economy is in serious melt down and the institutions that have long protected RM are presently fighting for their lives.... As politicians and economists get more and more desperate don't rule out more and more dodgy deals from the past resurfacing as Spanish society comes to terms with the misery that lies ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.