Empty Seats, Welcome Tourists.

squirtyflower said:
The perfect fumble said:
squirtyflower said:
It was a sell out weeks in advance

END OF

Not true, I live in Norwich and I could have picked up tickets for my wife and I from Viagogo the day before. I was tempted but it's close to a ten hour round trip.
without wishing to be pedantic but it was sold out
the tickets on the exchange website are tickets that have been SOLD and fans can't make it/don't want to go so ell them on there

Are you saying City don't supply a batch of tickets direct to Viagogo for each game?

I have no inside knowledge but would be amazed if part of the deal didn't involve them getting a direct supply of tickets.

mr t said:
de niro said:
funny in 212 a guy and his wife come back from half time carrying beers, everyone saying "you can't do that"

the tourists are most definitely here.
They must have thought they were in Hamburg!!!

hehe .....

no wonder they come here though ... who'd want to watch Hamburg ??

They lost 9-2 yesterday !

Me and my lad couldn't go yesterday, so 2 more empty seats..

This Platinum bollocks dosen't help, i'm "only" a Gold member, therefore not able to put my tickets up for exchange.
I wouldn't want to make off them, all i would want is someone to fill those empty seats.

ken_barnes said:
Me and my lad couldn't go yesterday, so 2 more empty seats..

This Platinum bollocks dosen't help, i'm "only" a Gold member, therefore not able to put my tickets up for exchange.
I wouldn't want to make off them, all i would want is someone to fill those empty seats.

same for me, i was away but couldn't put my ticket up for sale as i have a gold membership.

Citizen Ticket X on twitter let you sell or request spares but only at face value, never used it but seems to work and no rip off fees.

They should make all new fans take an exam. If eg they cant name the line up for the '99 play offs they cant get in. That'll teach them.

It is simple really, we are not going to win the league so all the glory hunters are staying away. Also our Jewish supporters would have been attending the synagog.

Why do threads like this always pop up after each home game? No offence to the OP.

At the end of the day, whether people like to admit it or not, the stadium was near enough full. Some people might point to empty seats, and that shows the stadium isn't full, but there were hardly swathes of empty seats visible. More like pockets in certain sections of the stadium.

As some people have rightly pointed out, it's the Easter Weekend when many people go away for a holiday or break. When I checked on Viagogo on Friday there were roughly 150 seats for sale, and a large amount were from private sellers who for whatever reasons couldn't attend the match, even though they had paid their money upfront. (I noted with interest the empty seats at Arsenal yesterday, especially in the 2nd tier club level)

What the OP forgot to mention was the home fans in the upper tier of the away end.(see the picture below which I've already posted) It was completely sold out. That's an extra 1000+ City fans that wouldn't have got a ticket if Newcastle United had taken their full allocation.

Put it this way. If Newcastle United had taken their full allocation, and City would have been able to accommodate those extra 1000+ City fans sat in the top tier of the away end, the attendence for yesterday's match would have closer to 50,000.

Click to enlarge. Note the upper tier away end full of City fans, and the pockets of empty seats around the stadium. Mostly visible in the Family Stand.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/LfSGjfs.jpg[/bigimg]

And yes, there were Tourists there yesterday. Think they were Spanish? Suitably dressed for our cold, but recently dry climate. There were also tourist from the Far East, etc.

Don't think she was too impressed with me taking a picture. :-)

[bigimg]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7263/20130330154956.jpg[/bigimg]

Hardwick said:
It is simple really, we are not going to win the league so all the glory hunters are staying away. Also our Jewish supporters would have been attending the synagog.

Oh aye...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.