England v Italy | Nations League | Sat 11th June '22

Ratboy was supposed to be England's defence coach, wasn't he? Euro 2016 vs Iceland and despite being warned time and time again about the long throw our defence was caught napping and allowed them to score. What sort of defence coach wouldn't have been prepared for that? That's right, Ratboy. But he's a pundit now and sits with his mates and instructs other managers how to do the job. The rodent-faced twat who failed miserably in his attempts at management is now being paid a bloated wage packet by Sky to 'educate' the likes of Pep, Bingo, Tuchel etc on how to correctly manage a football team.
And this is where the root of all our (England's) problems can be found: the old jobs-for-the-boys system where ability means sweet fuck all if your face doesn't fit.

Look at the present incumbent, Waistcoat Woy.' A man so devoid of footballing nous he makes Mike Basset look like Pep. With his inexplicable adoration for Slabhead and over-reliance Kane(pen) Southgate has dragged us down to the level of plucky minnows instead of the formidable, swashbuckling side the currently available players would make us.
But Southgate is a poster-boy for the FA and therefor is allowed to drag us down to the depths simply because 'his face fits.'

I remember Hodgson once saying to a reporter: "If Wooney had a bwoken leg his name would still be first on the team sheet.' And that is precisely the sort of attitude that has condemned us to tournament failure year after year after year (yes, I'm aware we've been close before).

We have some great players to choose from in this country, some extremely talented players for most positions. But there is little or no point in calling them up to the squad if you're going to force the flair players into defence-minded positions all the time. Small wonder a lot of the England players look like they are simply going through the motions when they don the Three Lions shirt.
The man has a strange take on the concept of loyalty. I guarantee Ward-Prowse will play more games after his horrific performance tonight, just so as not to hurt his feelings. Similarly, Saka will continue to be picked before better players. Mount obviously has the seediest photos of waistcoat in compromising positions because even he wouldn’t put up with this shit so long.

The man has a strange take on the concept of loyalty. I guarantee Ward-Prowse will play more games after his horrific performance tonight, just so as not to hurt his feelings. Similarly, Saka will continue to be picked before better players. Mount obviously has the seediest photos of waistcoat in compromising positions because even he wouldn’t put up with this shit so long.

I don't mind Ward-Prowse getting a chance, but not as a double pivot which wastes him, he should have been further up alongnside that useless lump mount last night.

Play him alongside Philip as AM not sitting back doing fuck all

Last edited:
I don't mind Ward-Prowse getting a chance, but not as a double pivot which wastes him, he should have been furtger up alongnside that useless lump mount last night.

Play him alongside Philip as AM not sitting back doing fuck all
His passing was awful, which surprised me tbh. It was more a point about the manager really. Seems to reward mediocre performance and tries to coach out self-expression and confidence.

After a semi final and a final in his last 2 tournaments, im hardly concerned.

Nobody cares about the Nations League. We all clapped KDB for saying the same thing recently.

After a semi final and a final in his last 2 tournaments, im hardly concerned.

Nobody cares about the Nations League. We all clapped KDB for saying the same thing recently.
That final and semi final should have you worried going forward he’s proven not once but twice he simply ain’t good enough to win us a major tournament ............

I think there would be many Italians bemoaning the quality of their performance last night, and would be asking 'Where are the modern day Pirlos, Baggios, and del Pieros?" They were as blinkered in approach as England. I only watched the last fifteen minutes but I couldn't tell you who was the creative force in the team. it seems that Southgate's idea of creativity lies with what the man on the ball is doing!

Another two hours of my life i will not get back , comatose football , SafeSouthgate trying to emulate Pep's tactics which is OK , but when Foden is not available they do not have a player who can produce the "killer" ball , Ward-Prowse, Mount , Phillips, Rice , Henderson and others have zero creativity. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery , but if you havent got a KDB, Bernardo or Gundogan in the middle of the park ,then your f*cked

A big confidence boost having Magliar back you up in the press...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.