England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

I hate Southgate with a passion. He seems to have so little knowledge of the players at his disposal, or thwir best positions. Wont get a job in the PL when he leaves England. He Knew this and that's why he hung on to the England job. The only thing he has in his favour is that he has been lucky with the draws we have had. He's a total fraud.
The hirsute fraud …!

Is it our most talented squad? We are better with the ball but less adventurous than we should be.

When we had Rio, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Scholes, Gerard, Rooney, Owen I think that was a lot more talented and a wasted opportunity personally

Is it our most talented squad? We are better with the ball but less adventurous than we should be.

When we had Rio, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Scholes, Gerard, Rooney, Owen I think that was a lot more talented and a wasted opportunity personally
That group of players should have produced far more than they did at international level imho.

Why no raz in the squad ? He has started the season very well
3 games isn’t enough according to the manager he want to see the players who have started we’ll continue the form Strange how the criteria doesn’t apply to Maguire with his zero minutes

The thing with Maguire really pisses me off. He is the weak link in that team yet was lavished with praise at the World Cup because he didn't perform quite as badly as some expected. There are at least 4 English central defenders who are better than him even before you take into account he no longer plays at club level. It's scandalous that he's still in the squad never mind the team.

That group of players should have produced far more than they did at international level imho.

I believe so too. Unfortunately, and its well published the Chelsea, United and Liverpool lads all pretty much sat aside from each other, it was rather clique which was detrimental to the team.

The difference with Southgates team is there is a better togetherness. The squad is well rounded and looks like the get along well.

My only concern is we create very little as a team and too cautious in some matches. When push comes to shove I'd like the shackles to be released a bit.

As for Maguire, which seems to be the topic of discussion lately he's definitely there on reputation. His partnership with Stones over the years has been excellent, but with Stones injury (assume he's still injured) and Maguire not having any game time he's a lucky lad to be included

Those players did nothing for England. Consistently didn’t turn up or play well at all.

I don’t really understand your complaint.

You want young up and coming in form players selected? Well we’ve got Dunk, Colwill and Tomori all selected at CB, all hoping to partner Stones at the next tournament.

You want young up and coming and inform? The midfield will be Rice, Bellingham and Maddison or Foden. All excellent young and in form players.

Eze, Nketiah, Gallagher…

11 of the squad have 10 caps or fewer.

13 of the squad is 25 or younger.

So for you to argue that Southgate isn’t picking young and in form players is just bollocks isn’t it, it’s got no basis in fact.

Adding more untested young players isn’t helping anyone, it just means you don’t get a proper look at the 10 you’ve selected already.

I think if you’re honest with yourself what you’re upset about is that 2 players you just don’t like who aren’t in form got picked out of squad of 26.

And by the way, given Phillips and Maguire are both, in form, good assets for England to have, it makes sense that the England manager try and do what he can to get them back in form, including select them for England when you can - and in light of about half a dozen clear cut selections like Stones, Shaw, James, Pope who’d bring experience all getting ruled out through injury and no one he’s overlooked really staking a claim to be in the squad - he can do that.

It’s only because a certain section of England fans delight in complaining non stop about anything and everything that happens around the national team that this is even a topic of conversation. Any neutral would look at the squad and say he’s picked a young and exciting squad of in form players and a couple of veterans to make up for injured players and that’s it.

Perfect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.