England World Cup Squad.

I think it's a pretty decent squad tbh.

Yeah, Lallana over Welbeck would have made sense to me, but it's clear he wants a lot of movement in the squad.

Absolutely no creativity in the midfield, but if he can have 3 headless chickens like Liverpool do, it just might suit the set up.

Sessegnon, Lallallallallallana and Tarkowski in for Welbeck, Henderson and Jones and it's probably the right squad.

The press gave Hodgson an easy ride as it was a young squad....2 years later & loads of friendlies and wasted qualifiers where we could have tried different things we're back to square one without a keeper with any experience.

Usual poor showing coming up.
What is there to try differently exactly?

Atm we are just waiting for the young players who won all the youth teams to come through. There's only so much you can do with this England squad.

What is there to try differently exactly?

Atm we are just waiting for the young players who won all the youth teams to come through. There's only so much you can do with this England squad.

Gareth S is telling me that it is a squad about which I can get excited! Mmmmmm. Sterling, Stones, Walker and Fabulous Delph can, but Jones and Henderson are large buckets of cold water!,

Shelvey is a twat and a bang average footballer. Wilshere a decent player but can't play twice a week, let alone three times. Lallana is not fit and has been out all season.
Think it's a decent squad to be honest, young and Alexander Arnold can both fill in in a number of roles and are solid all-rounders so can see why he's taken them. Would maybe have taken Bertrand over rose and sessegnon over welbeck but it's an okay squad. Quarter finals should be the aspiration

It would be the correct decision were it not for the fact that Butland and Pickford were the other two goalkeepers. Hart’s error-prone at the minute but still one of the best 3 goalkeepers in the country, and the only English goalkeeper capable of making word class saves even if he struggles with the ones straight at him.

Hasn't been that for several years

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Kyle Walker, John Stones (Manchester City), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Jones, Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Eric Dier, Dele Alli (both Tottenham Hotspur), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea).

Forwards: Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal) Harry Kane (Tottenham).

Standby: Tom Heaton, James Tarkowski (Burnley), Lewis Cook (Bournemouth), Jake Livermore (West Brom) and Adam Lallana (Liverpool).

Well at least they will be back early and have plenty of pre season

This tournament is a make do tournament for me. Don't really expect much from the squad. Basically relying on moments of brilliance from Kane and Vardy.

In 4 year's the squad is going to be in with a shot of winning. All of the world cup and European cup winner's in the summer will be 4 year's older and more experienced. Some of the young players are primed to be elite world class player's.

Fair play for saying that, but not a fucking hope in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.