Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Was good today, could have been better but certainly can't complain, definitely made sure we let the players and Pep know we're right behind them all the way.

Newcastle fans were very vocal but their support is wank. Proper shit songbook, the type of songs you get from small time clubs. they're very much a fanbase with a small time mentality. All the small time classic were out on repeat, champions league, you fucked it up given numerous outings from a team that hasn't seen European football for a very long time. Even coming out they're all singing "oo-ah benzema" like I said, tiny mentality and a lot of complete twats.

Hearing the geordies sing "we can see you sneaking out" when we're 3-0 up is embarrassing. All those early leavers are a disgrace, the team deserved appreciation at the final whistle not a half empty ground. I'm glad they missed 40% of our goals today
Don’t usually waste much time on twitter but came across this……..

5 minutes to go 3-0 up and they are leaving, man city you don't deserve anything

Re: the shit songbook I had to laugh at the “up the Premier league we go” Championship song. How tinpot can you get? Thought I was back at City v Stockport County at times.

Also noted they sang a version of our Ederson song and another of the Zabaleta song - “When we win the Premier League we’ll sing this song again” FS lads we can’t be that shit when you’ve made a note of our songs and ended up ripping them off.

Always thought they were unbearable cunts and today’s done nothing to change my mind. God help us if/when they are successful.
I met some mates in the Piccadilly Tavern around 12.30 and there were about 50 of them in there ballooning around. They were singing the Ederson rip-off song about Joelinton, plus "Fuck off Man City, we're richer than you" amongst others!

ok the NUFC fans get on my nerves, do they go to games to watch the game or tell everybody "we are Geordies", never known a set of fans so proud of their village name ! Yes a lot of songs annoyed but this is what happens, we give just as much shit out.

A lot slagging the NUFC fans off but they did a very good job, wish we could match that as far as every fan singing rather than stood around. Every time a goal went in they got louder and sang more, lot to learn off that. It was probably the best i have seen Newcastle fans at the etihad, other games they have been quiet as the game went on. At the end of the game every player went over to the fans, note this pep, half of our team only come down to our away end if the tunnel is that way. Unless the players and fans bond as one, we wont build up a relationship.

Thought our fans where good, at one point there must have been 3,000 singing "we're not really here" and other songs. I gave up singing a few times as a song would last 10 seconds, then another for 10 seconds, then another for 10 seconds. Why oh why we cant sing a song for a few rounds and build up momentum i dont know.

Guardiolas blue & white army - good shout, but sing it for a minute at least like we do from time to time with bernardo song.

Lowest top-flight average attendance in NUFC history: 21k in 87-88 (ie pre-Premier League).
Ww averaged 22k+ in our 88-89 relegation season and 21k+ in Div Two 89-90. You averaged just over 22k in the Premier League one season in the 90s.
So I'm interested to know at which point we "only sold 10000 for years".
But hey, don't let facts get in the way.
The 22k average in the Premier League in the 90s was the 1994-95 season when the Kippax was being rebuilt. The capacity was only around 20k for some games that season, hence the lower than usual average.

You didn't get 10000 for years but you got 10,004 for a league game against Oxford in April 1991. Your last home league gate before Keegan took over in 1992 was around 16k if memory serves me right. Then for Keegan's first game against Bristol City, all of a sudden another 14,000 fans came out of the woodwork.

Don’t usually waste much time on twitter but came across this……..

5 minutes to go 3-0 up and they are leaving, man city you don't deserve anything

not sure what minute of the game that is but its shocking, fk me are we that desperate to avoid exaggerated travel issues. Five nil to got top by 3 and boost GD. Should have been full at the end bar ones who had their wife in maternity.

Literally no other NUFC fan I spoke to in the lead-up to the game (a fair few of whom were going down today) seriously predicted anything other than a battering, expecially after the Scousers slipped up. We've beaten one team in the top half of rhe table all season.
Christ, just enjoy your day and your team, who are just magnificent. Why have a pop at away fans for singing about being owned now by someone who isn't Mike Ashley?
Nothing wrong with that last bit to be fair. 14 years of being owned by that fat bastard must've been a nightmare for you lot!

not sure what minute of the game that is but its shocking, fk me are we that desperate to avoid exaggerated travel issues. Five nil to got top by 3 and boost GD. Should have been full at the end bar ones who had their wife in maternity.
81 minutes was the first sign of people up and leaving in numbers. One bloke left with his 8 or 9 yr old, poor sod missed 2 goals. Each to their own I suppose.

81 minutes was the first sign of people up and leaving in numbers. One bloke left with his 8 or 9 yr old, poor sod missed 2 goals. Each to their own I suppose.

understand young kids and people struggling so might have to leave, but that im afraid isnt the description that fits the majority we see going.

But the again we have the "ive paid for my ticket so will leave when i want"

I hate the fact people leave early! Does my head in every time. Couple next to us left on 74 minutes!!! Said their goodbyes and strolled out.
Then the 2 the other side of me left on 82 minutes!!! I can't get my head around it. We took my mother in law for her first game (she doesn't really like football) but we got 2 free tickets from someone within the club to go with the 2 we brought. She loved it and caught the bug but was so disappointed at people coming in late and then people leaving early. I don't think it will ever change.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.