Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I find homes games really difficult as I go to most of the away games and enjoy the atmosphere as much as the game sometimes. The home games are dead whether we are winning 6-0 or 1-1 with 10 mins left bar a few marquee fixtures every year.

I hate to draw comparisons with them as there atmosphere is shite most of the time but the way anfield gets going when they are behind and fighting back into the game can make a huge difference. It has against us before when we’ve been on top in games and then one little slip and they have a chance and it sparks the atmosphere. It heaps pressure on the opposing team and can force mistakes in tight games.

We need to do a better job of supporting the players when they are going through tough periods and equally good periods show our adoration and appreciation for a wonderful football team.

Some will say it’s the teams job but that’s a load of rubbish as even when we are winning 6-0 it can be ghostly quiet in there.

Lots of tourists and non regulars around me in 109 today. Think that resulted in Kippax corner being fairly muted.

I was sat in the Colin bell stand today tier 1. It was a strange experience. They’re weren’t loads of tourists at all, but people were almost like robots. There was no reaction to anything - the goal or when we attacked.

I noticed other then right next to the away fans the rest of the south stand barely join in.

South stand sounded in good voice from where we were today - north stand 2. It being the family stand it was a library first half, apart from those of us shouting, and then caught fire after they scored. Barely any singing in this section sadly but more passion as the game progressed. Not the best I’ve seen this season but far from the worst. And beyond singing their name a couple of times I barely heard a peep out of Everton. Onwards and upwards.

Our home atmosphere is never going to change unless we make a proper singing section and club doesn't app new hospitality sections every few years

100% agree. One side of the ground makes no noise at all. It would make a huge difference.

Even if it didn’t that’s gotta be better then what we have

I was sat in the Colin bell stand today tier 1. It was a strange experience. They’re weren’t loads of tourists at all, but people were almost like robots. There was no reaction to anything - the goal or when we attacked.

I noticed other then right next to the away fans the rest of the south stand barely join in.
I have to admit I don’t sit in Colin Bell often for that reason. Lovely people and fine to take the kids if you don’t want to hear swears but it can be so polite you feel self conscious making a noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.