Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Haha just had a read absolutely quality. I've noticed a fair few bantering us for the number of people wearing half and half scarves. They're really grasping now.
Half and half scarves are shit but you see them at every game these days involving all clubs, especially the bigger clubs. Anyone digging us out for that is grasping at straws and a hypocrite as it's likely they follow a club where they're prevalent too.

There's a lot of ignorance about our support and atmosphere, especially around home games. We know it's not a seething mass every game and there's room for improvement, especially at league games when there's not much riding on it apart from 3 points, but every ground in the Premier League is like that. I was speaking to some Leeds fans in Krakow over the weekend and one was saying how much he likes watching our football and hopes we do the treble. However, there was a "But..." and that was that our fans are shite. I threw a few stats at him regarding their attendances between 2006 and Bielsa's arrival in 2018, and recalled when I was in Leeds for a night out in the summer of 2007 just after they'd been relegated to the third tier and coming across their souvenir shop in the city centre that had closed down. He wasn't keen on discussing any of that for some reason, and instead was going on about the number of fans with ipads and phones at our home games. I explained that while it's not great, this kind of thing is inevitable at any club that is successful and if he thinks our atmosphere is shit all over the ground then he should come in the South Stand for a match.

Half and half scarves are shit but you see them at every game these days involving all clubs, especially the bigger clubs. Anyone digging us out for that is grasping at straws and a hypocrite as it's likely they follow a club where they're prevalent too.

There's a lot of ignorance about our support and atmosphere, especially around home games. We know it's not a seething mass every game and there's room for improvement, especially at league games when there's not much riding on it apart from 3 points, but every ground in the Premier League is like that. I was speaking to some Leeds fans in Krakow over the weekend and one was saying how much he likes watching our football and hopes we do the treble. However, there was a "But..." and that was that our fans are shite. I threw a few stats at him regarding their attendances between 2006 and Bielsa's arrival in 2018, and recalled when I was in Leeds for a night out in the summer of 2007 just after they'd been relegated to the third tier and coming across their souvenir shop in the city centre that had closed down. He wasn't keen on discussing any of that for some reason, and instead was going on about the number of fans with ipads and phones at our home games. I explained that while it's not great, this kind of thing is inevitable at any club that is successful and if he thinks our atmosphere is shit all over the ground then he should come in the South Stand for a match.
This is people not being able to accept that our atmosphere is actually pretty decent, and on our day there's not many better than us.

Anyone who said our atmosphere was shit after the arsenal game would have looked stupid, but they can't help themselves trying to find something else.

Over the past few weeks I've seen:

- We have too many half and half scarves
- Too many people filming at the game
- We apparently didn't have great "limbs" when we scored a penalty at Wembley
- We only sing right after we've scored

Everytime I see comments like this, I know we've must've had a pretty decent atmosphere cause they have to think of something else.

Got to admit something here, yes I get the half-and-half scarves are shit, my god who wants to wear a tatty cheapo scarves with rag dippers or gooners on it, that being said my lad was 12 at the time and his first European away game was at Dortmund last year, and we got one, it was a UCL official one with the game dates on it, he didn’t wear it, its a memento, something to remind him of a great day out.

Got to admit something here, yes I get the half-and-half scarves are shit, my god who wants to wear a tatty cheapo scarves with rag dippers or gooners on it, that being said my lad was 12 at the time and his first European away game was at Dortmund last year, and we got one, it was a UCL official one with the game dates on it, he didn’t wear it, its a memento, something to remind him of a great day out.
With the UEFA logo on it? I hope you showered that night after touching that?

Personally, I think the myth about the Etihad and our atmosphere has been working in our favour for quite a while.

Teams such as Liverpool, United, Paris, Villa, Madrid and most recently Arsenal, have all looked like rabbits caught in the headlights when we are right up for it.

I think the atmosphere has been great all season and on the big nights i have seldom seen better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.