Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

The thing is it didn't even flatter us. Courtois was outstanding and did fantastically well to keep it down to 4.

Feel a bit of a big girl for getting quite emotional about it. When you grow up watching the likes of the Whitley brothers and you're step-father's telling you to 'stick with it and it'll come good' whilst all you're rag classmates are taking the piss at school and they're cleaning up all before them. (A comment I'm sure neither of us genuinely believed). A little over 20 years later we're now the most dominant team in England and embarrassing Europe's elite.
I still remember walking into school the day after Stoke away when we were relegated to the third tier to find a group of kids in the playground standing there waiting for me, they made my life hell, the piss taking was absolutely relentless. And it wasn't even United fans, it was Stockport County fans who were now a league above us. United fans weren't even arsed anymore.

Nobody deserves this more than us. Nobody.

It was full of City fans
There were absolutely tons of tourists, the most I’ve ever seen at City by some distance.
2 Madrid fans in front of us as well as a guy from Vietnam who said he was “neutral”.
Luckily the regulars, as well as the few lucky blues who got tickets through the Cityzens sale mayhem, made enough noise by themselves, but the club absolutely shafted a lot of long-standing fans last night and that shouldn’t be forgotten in all the celebrations

Banging atmosphere tonight. Definitely did our bit. Being in the middle of it in ss1, It's hard to tell what the rest of the ground sounded like but it felt like the entire south stand and the kippax corner were all in unison throughout which made it sound a lot louder than usual and like the whole stadium joined in every song even though that's unlikely to be what happened. No pockets of competing songs like normal. Just everyone making noise as it should be.

One of mine that, and one of my favourites. got it going on the away concourses a few times but never really took off properly. Always considered it more of a coach song than a stadium one. Had considered repurposing it for haaland this season but just glad the tune is being used to a song now, its an all time classic. Sadly, I don't think the song will be around for a long time though, easy enough to change Istanbul line next year but soon as a player or two mentioned in it leaves its done.

That's the problem with the multi-player songs They have a short shelf life. "Weve got the best football team in the world" song will go the same way too. We had the best midfield version when it was "Yaya and silva, Navas and milner, nasri and fernandinhoooo" then it disappeared soon as nasri and milner left. Then there was the Argentinian blues song that last a season of being sung every 20 minutes. the "ederson, stones and otamendi, Kyle walker, kompany and Mendy, Fabian delph, playing guardiolas way" all top tunes that have to die early.
Your like Cole Porter. Keep the songs coming.

Excellent atmosphere last night but hard to compare as it was somehow different.
Rags 4-1 in 2003-04, the first derby at our new home, was fantastic and had some hatred running through it as it should do for a local derby. The same when we beat them 1-0 in 2011-12 and for other big wins against them including the first hour this season.
Hamburg was just blind support.
Last night was something different: Pure celebration, nothing anti-Madrid apart from a couple of renditions of "City, tearing Spaniards apart again".
And there wasn't a significant fire drill for a change with many fans staying to applaud the players as they celebrated a magnificent win.
Sunday could be even more special.
The only downside is that I have a sore throat today.

Will head up to Manchester to watch the final on the Saturday - is the club Iikely to have the game on the big screen inside / near the stadium?

They did it for the final with Chelsea for memory but was during COVID and was quite scaled back.

I’m in 107 it’s usually swamped with tourists on CL nights , it wasn’t tonight full of City fans a lot of old timers as well. Good to see.

Brilliant that last night. Up there with the best and everyone still in the ground at the end. Absolutely buzzing and we do it all again Sunday. Don’t take any of this for granted blues it won’t last forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.