Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I agree but if we can't sell Hundreds of £30 tickets in a week, there isn't a chance we spend the best part of £100m on an extention.
I don’t want to see an extension until we see a regularly sold out and vibrant stadium with its current capacity, which we’re not going to see until the prices get sorted properly, and round and round that circle we continue to go.

Last edited:
This should drive more ticket sales?

Don't really need that tho do they ,don't charge a five year old £30 to watch Burnley ,don't piss the father of a five year old off by dropping the Burnley ticket down to £15 a day after paying £30

I don’t get why they resell the returned away tickets while the rest of the ground isnt sold out.

Empty seats in the home end effects the atmosphere and is bad optics. A block or 2 empty in the away end doesn’t.

If they swerved the ticket exchange and reselling away end tickets, they’d sell out every game.

Matchday ticket pricing is a farce as well if I didn’t have my ST i’d never buy a ticket off City for a match, complete rip off.

1321 tickets still for sale on the seat planner.

Burnley is no worse than Southampton.

Another 3pm kick off.

We’ve not had a home match for 3 weeks.

OK, we lost at PSG, but drew with Liverpool, and beat Chelsea.

As for the weather, sun and clouds, 14 degrees.

Yet, we’ve still got a 1000+ drop off in ticket sales between Southampton and Burnley.

The majority of tickets still available are priced at £50, £60, £70. With other adult tickets priced at £30-£50, depending where you sit.

There are only a few hundred singles left at £30, the majority as you are Ticket Exchange resale at £50-70.

People aren't going to pay £50 at home to Burnley in one of the most deprived cities in England, and minds are made up well before the prices were dropped about 4 days ago.

City have sold 99.5% - the exchange resales not considered. Although I don't agree with the prices and then dropping them after people paid a lot more, it did actually work from an income perspective, even though some would argue it is economically myopic.

Sorianomics.

Sorianomics.

If anyone can explain the benefits off having 1300+ seats still unsold at the prices I posted above, opposed to 1300+ seats sold at sensible prices, feel free.
£50 is pretty much standard at every Premier League ground. Far too expensive but it ain’t gonna change anytime soon - especially when our match day revenue is so far behind the other elite
clubs.

Its a sad state of affairs that we can’t sell out Saturday 3pm kickoffs anymore.

At least the penny has now finally dropped with everybody that the North Stand development has been shelved.

When City’s board look at the analysis on why out attendances are shrinking - I’m sure the results will show it’s Covid or financial related - or maybe the deferred season tickets - or maybe just supporters have got out of the routine of going to games.

Whatever the reason - we’ve missed out on a huge opportunity and it will be sickening to watch the stand at Anfield developing at a time we have reduced capacity.

£50 is pretty much standard at every Premier League ground. Far too expensive but it ain’t gonna change anytime soon - especially when our match day revenue is so far behind the other elite
clubs.

Its a sad state of affairs that we can’t sell out Saturday 3pm kickoffs anymore.

At least the penny has now finally dropped with everybody that the North Stand development has been shelved.

When City’s board look at the analysis on why out attendances are shrinking - I’m sure the results will show it’s Covid or financial related - or maybe the deferred season tickets - or maybe just supporters have got out of the routine of going to games.

Whatever the reason - we’ve missed out on a huge opportunity and it will be sickening to watch the stand at Anfield developing at a time we have reduced capacity.
It’s not pretty much standard at every other ground to start tickets at £50. United start them at £31 and Liverpool let kids in for £9 all across the stadium. City do none of those things, hence 1,300 unsold or whatever it is. I’m sorry but there is no excusing the club on this.

It’s not pretty much standard at every other ground to start tickets at £50. United start them at £31 and Liverpool let kids in for £9 all across the stadium. City do none of those things, hence 1,300 unsold or whatever it is. I’m sorry but there is no excusing the club on this.
Man Utd and Liverpool would sell their tickets at £50 apiece if they thought they could fill the ground.

If City have sold out the Burnley returns then that shows there is very significant demand for tickets at the right price. I have no idea if we have as I haven't been able to look online through the week.

Very few visiting clubs now take up the full allocation at City. And every single time their cheaper seats are sold to City fans. This is evidence that if you price the tickets right, fans will snap them up.

I got paid yesterday and it took me literally 5 minutes to get a £30 ticket in level 2 sent to my email. Looking forward to it. I won’t pay £50 to watch a game of football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.