Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It’s not pretty much standard at every other ground to start tickets at £50. United start them at £31 and Liverpool let kids in for £9 all across the stadium. City do none of those things, hence 1,300 unsold or whatever it is. I’m sorry but there is no excusing the club on this.
We have some games with seats at £30.Including some league games.

£50 is pretty much standard at every Premier League ground. Far too expensive but it ain’t gonna change anytime soon - especially when our match day revenue is so far behind the other elite
clubs.

Its a sad state of affairs that we can’t sell out Saturday 3pm kickoffs anymore.

At least the penny has now finally dropped with everybody that the North Stand development has been shelved.

When City’s board look at the analysis on why out attendances are shrinking - I’m sure the results will show it’s Covid or financial related - or maybe the deferred season tickets - or maybe just supporters have got out of the routine of going to games.

Whatever the reason - we’ve missed out on a huge opportunity and it will be sickening to watch the stand at Anfield developing at a time we have reduced capacity.
I don't think City's owner thinks about how to grow our fanbase. They probably think that if we are successful, then they can sell out any stadium they like just by setting the prices and they are probably right. City fans aren't a different species. Fans watch successful football sides because there are few things more entertaining in the world than seeing your side put 4 past the opposition at every home game.

Now that seasoncard holders can sell their tickets, we will find it very difficult to sell every seat in the stadium, and we have also lost some seasoncard holders this season by allowing them to defer. Those two changes probably explain why there are single seats available in the ground.

We have some games with seats at £30.Including some league games.
There is 1 seat left in my block. It is £53. There are 7 seats left in block 314 in the 3rd tier of the SOuth stand and they are all £50. In any other ground in the Premier League at that position they'd be about £30 for a game like this.

I am not going to spend 20 mins online checking every single seat but it seems on quick inspection that almost every single seat that is left on sale is >£50.

City can't sell every ticket now because seasoncard holders put their tickets up for sale if they can't go, and the ticket office maximise revenue.

I don't think City's owner thinks about how to grow our fanbase. They probably think that if we are successful, then they can sell out any stadium they like just by setting the prices and they are probably right. City fans aren't a different species. Fans watch successful football sides because there are few things more entertaining in the world than seeing your side put 4 past the opposition at every home game.

Now that seasoncard holders can sell their tickets, we will find it very difficult to sell every seat in the stadium, and we have also lost some seasoncard holders this season by allowing them to defer. Those two changes probably explain why there are single seats available in the ground.
Partly that, but the single match day seats have become an issue over the past few years Relocating s/c card holders have diluted the groups of available matchday seats that used to be available.Lucky to find more than 2 together these days.
The only solution is if they do get around to a big relocating of fans again groups of seats are reserved for matchday and ring fenced when there are any relocation windows.

Partly that, but the single match day seats have become an issue over the past few years Relocating s/c card holders have diluted the groups of available matchday seats that used to be available.Lucky to find more than 2 together these days.
The only solution is if they do get around to a big relocating of fans again groups of seats are reserved for matchday and ring fenced when there are any relocation windows.
Exactly, fill blocks with season ticket holders and leave entire blocks available for match day tickets. The blocks that Burnley sent back sold because they were reasonably priced and people could buy tickets together. It really isn’t rocket science.

£50 is pretty much standard at every Premier League ground. Far too expensive but it ain’t gonna change anytime soon - especially when our match day revenue is so far behind the other elite
clubs.

Its a sad state of affairs that we can’t sell out Saturday 3pm kickoffs anymore.

At least the penny has now finally dropped with everybody that the North Stand development has been shelved.

When City’s board look at the analysis on why out attendances are shrinking - I’m sure the results will show it’s Covid or financial related - or maybe the deferred season tickets - or maybe just supporters have got out of the routine of going to games.

Whatever the reason - we’ve missed out on a huge opportunity and it will be sickening to watch the stand at Anfield developing at a time we have reduced capacity.

Scum never sell out in these type of games ether

"I don't think City's owner thinks about how to grow our fanbase"

Not sure I agree with that or it's the truth.

The whole idea of buying this club was to promote his Nation and provide a long term investment.

The more fans we have worldwide, the greater his investment grows and the more the world knows about Abu Dhabi.

Scum never sell out in these type of games ether
Very few clubs do, it's just become a strange fan/media driven obsession.

I would rather have extra capacity than people unable to get into a stadium.

It we further increase the capacity we will fill it often , IF the club get their act together and make the purchase of tickets easy and quick.

Our Chairman says we want to set new standards as a football club, we have in so many ways, yet the most basic aspect of a football club, match going fans and the purchase of tickets, we are almost at 3rd world levels.

That is simply not good enough or acceptable.

City were definitely interested. But I don’t know a single fan who was though. Nobody I know would attend European Super League, I definitely wouldn’t.

The worst thing about it is that there isn't an owner in any league who would turn the SL down if offered a place.

They HAVE to keep up with the rest. Any clubs left behind will never get back in.

Proper football is dead.

"I don't think City's owner thinks about how to grow our fanbase"

Not sure I agree with that or it's the truth.

The whole idea of buying this club was to promote his Nation and provide a long term investment.

The more fans we have worldwide, the greater his investment grows and the more the world knows about Abu Dhabi.
That's fine but why does a Arab billioanire have to have a different motivation than any other club. I don't buy the argument that Sheikh Mansour is a front for the UAE but that's a much discussed topic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.