Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
click to enlarge.

[bigimg]http://s28.postimg.org/uwlcctarg/20140309_155251.jpg[/bigimg]

Absolutely fine as it is (especially in this type of weather)...god forbid they paint it blue, green.
Shame they're planning advertisements along it now.

Cheers for posting JRB.

argyle said:
jrb said:
Barcelona building a new Palau Blaugrana.

Palau Blaugrana (Catalan pronunciation: [pəˈɫaw ˌβɫawˈɣɾanə], meaning in English "Blue and deep red Palace") is an arena in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, belonging to FC Barcelona. The 7,585 seating capacity arena is home to the basketball, handball, roller hockey, and futsal divisions of FC Barcelona. Palau Blaugrana is located between Mini Estadi and the Camp Nou. <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palau_Blaugrana" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palau_Blaugrana</a>

The club will build the new Palau Blaugrana {3D}

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKjvM43s0P4[/youtube]

I'm sure what ever we build on the Etihad Campus surrounding the stadium will be much more impressive.

No disrespect Barcelona. ;-)

Yes, but do they have a bridge?

They bridged the gap long ago.

jrb said:
Barcelona building a new Palau Blaugrana.

Palau Blaugrana (Catalan pronunciation: [pəˈɫaw ˌβɫawˈɣɾanə], meaning in English "Blue and deep red Palace") is an arena in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, belonging to FC Barcelona. The 7,585 seating capacity arena is home to the basketball, handball, roller hockey, and futsal divisions of FC Barcelona. Palau Blaugrana is located between Mini Estadi and the Camp Nou. <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palau_Blaugrana" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palau_Blaugrana</a>

The club will build the new Palau Blaugrana {3D}

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKjvM43s0P4[/youtube]

I'm sure what ever we build on the Etihad Campus surrounding the stadium will be much more impressive.

No disrespect Barcelona. ;-)

I would LOVE it if we did something like this on the collar site. I'm a massive fan of the Sporting Club model, and really hope we're thinking about doing something similar. Barcelona, Bayern, Porto, Real Madrid, Galatasary aren't just football clubs and there's no reason why the way those teams do things wouldn't work in the country.

Why Always Ste said:
Same, I'd love it if we had a City Ice Hockey team, an indoor arena for UFC aswel.

I'm with you on that one. Even if it housed the Phoenix and allowed them to push to be back in the top league again - Silverblades at Alty just isn't a patch on the likes of Motorpoint Arena etc.

BatleyBlue said:
Why Always Ste said:
Same, I'd love it if we had a City Ice Hockey team, an indoor arena for UFC aswel.

I'm with you on that one. Even if it housed the Phoenix and allowed them to push to be back in the top league again - Silverblades at Alty just isn't a patch on the likes of Motorpoint Arena etc.

Its why I'm a firm believer that we will see a modern, multi-purpose arena on the collar site.

You could UFC, Ice Hockey, Basketball, Futsal, Gymnastics and all manner of other lower profile sports hosted or perhaps housed as national centres there.

Chuck in concerts and City's start of season party and you are bringing in huge numbers of people and lots of lovely revenue.

Took some pictures of the Arena, mini Camp Nou, and the area around the Nou Camp.(sporting facilities)

The comparisons with what we're doing, and what we've got planned, on a much larger and grander scale, are very interesting.

It's obvious our Spanish Boys from Barca had a major imput regarding the plans and proposals.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:32 am --<br /><br />Took some pictures of the Arena, mini Camp Nou, and the area around the Nou Camp.(sporting facilities)

The comparisons with what we're doing, and what we've got planned, on a much larger and grander scale, are very interesting.

It's obvious our Spanish Boys from Barca had a major imput regarding the plans and proposals.

fbloke said:
BatleyBlue said:
Why Always Ste said:

Its why I'm a firm believer that we will see a modern, multi-purpose arena on the collar site.

You could UFC, Ice Hockey, Basketball, Futsal, Gymnastics and all manner of other lower profile sports hosted or perhaps housed as national centres there.

Chuck in concerts and City's start of season party and you are bringing in huge numbers of people and lots of lovely revenue.

I'm all for expanding into other sports but the one thing that sticks in my mind is whether we would risk alienating some of the fans - and I don't just mean the handful of rags in Manchester, but the ones who hate football and only watch hockey, for example. If City had been bought by a rugby team (I know that could never happen) or by an NFL team I'd be pretty uncomfortable about what they wanted with a football team.

That said, have City ever done anything to suggest that they want to branch out? I know there's been talk of building sports facilities for other sports but there's never actually been any talk of owning the actual clubs that play there. I kind of suspect that the opposite is true - City have no interest in other sports. It certainly didn't take them long to disband Melbourne Heart's futsal team...

Falastur said:
fbloke said:
BatleyBlue said:

I'm all for expanding into other sports but the one thing that sticks in my mind is whether we would risk alienating some of the fans - and I don't just mean the handful of rags in Manchester, but the ones who hate football and only watch hockey, for example. If City had been bought by a rugby team (I know that could never happen) or by an NFL team I'd be pretty uncomfortable about what they wanted with a football team.

That said, have City ever done anything to suggest that they want to branch out? I know there's been talk of building sports facilities for other sports but there's never actually been any talk of owning the actual clubs that play there. I kind of suspect that the opposite is true - City have no interest in other sports. It certainly didn't take them long to disband Melbourne Heart's futsal team...

I think its a bit of both.

For a while the noises being made were about lots of minority sports having a new home for either a regional or national centre.

The City brand will be very visible as it will have to be for the revenues to be clearly FFP compliant but also to allow the same brands to be 'exported' elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.