etihad now a double of old Trafford

mansour's tow ropes said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
to everyone saying the etihad is like the swamp - a thought came into my head in the second half:

just after silva's second, he got the ball in the middle of the park and there were dozens of voices shouting 'shoooooot'. Would this have happened at the swamp? do united fans have the same sense of humour and quick wit that we have?

lmao.

I'm serious. Obviously he wasn't going to shoot - that would have been stupid - but the fact is the so many fans just instinctively blurted this out.

The rags are always too busy being angry about something
That is true, they fucking hate everything and everyone. But I do know some funy Rags.

The atmosphere at most Premiership grounds is rubbish, especially at relatively low key fixtures. We're no better or worse than other fans in that respect.

Whisper it quietly, but the atmosphere at Maine Road was pretty subdued at times too. Nothing has really changed.

jrb said:
I can understand what the OP is saying, but do you honestly think the Stretford End would have thought up and sung all the Joe Hart Head and Shoulders chants.(if Hart was United's keeper)

Not a f***ing chance.

The Eithad will never be like Old Trafford.

Agreed. The Joe Hart chants were pure magic - and Joe enjoyed them. City fans will always have this ability and wit ....OT fans need a bloke to 'write' the songs for them...can't remember his name but they rely on him for most of their songs

Mark - TheBlue said:
to everyone saying the etihad is like the swamp - a thought came into my head in the second half:

just after silva's second, he got the ball in the middle of the park and there were dozens of voices shouting 'shoooooot'. Would this have happened at the swamp? do united fans have the same sense of humour and quick wit that we have?

lmao.

I'm serious. Obviously he wasn't going to shoot - that would have been stupid - but the fact is the so many fans just instinctively blurted this out.

The bluemoon nut jobs are always too busy being angry about something

The comments are fair . Just one of those days to be honest. Supporters flat and the players . It happens

Ric said:
The atmosphere at most Premiership grounds is rubbish, especially at relatively low key fixtures. We're no better or worse than other fans in that respect.

Whisper it quietly, but the atmosphere at Maine Road was pretty subdued at times too. Nothing has really changed.

It's the seats!

I keep reading on this thread about working class fans being the be all and end all of our fan base.

I'm happy to disprove this theory. I'll be at the Stoke game next Saturday. Any of our working class heroes feel free to PM me and we'll meet up a couple of hours before the game and someone neutral can test our respective knowledge on the club and its history. You can pick anyone of repute off this board to pick the questions.

I'll be on the piss the night before on a pre-arranged do, so I'll be slightly off my peak performance which will hopefully fill some of you with all the false confidence you require.

Any takers?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I keep reading on this thread about working class fans being the be all and end all of our fan base.

I'm happy to disprove this theory. I'll be at the Stoke game next Saturday. Any of our working class heroes feel free to PM me and we'll meet up a couple of hours before the game and someone neutral can test our respective knowledge on the club and its history. You can pick anyone of repute off this board to pick the questions.

I'll be on the piss the night before on a pre-arranged do, so I'll be slightly off my peak performance which will hopefully fill some of you with all the false confidence you require.

Any takers?
Prawn sandwich eating fucker.......... :-)

Ducado said:
Ric said:

It's the seats!
Very difficult sat down , you are right, and with those stewards facing you. Not ideal . Something has to change. I hope along the German model to give us back the atmosphere instead of happy clapping when we or any team scores.

malg said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:

Any takers?
Prawn sandwich eating fucker.......... :-)
It amuses me that you consider prawn sandwiches to be the apotheosis of haute cuisine.;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.