EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that be the same government that is pleading with me to vote Remain? Enough of a reason on its own to leave. I known Johnson and Gove are equally dispicable as human beings.

Vote leave, get rid of the Tories, have a hung Labour administration and gone jobs a good 'un!

Leave and then have them muppets running around unchecked. Sod that, i'm in.
Vote stay, provide the EU with some more spine and support, block TTIP, do not run off and then with a cohesive plan move forward.
As the Union states.

Would that be the same government that is pleading with me to vote Remain? Enough of a reason on its own to leave. I known Johnson and Gove are equally dispicable as human beings.

Vote leave, get rid of the Tories, have a hung Labour administration and gone jobs a good 'un!
If the EU put a carrot to the Celtic nations and they voted back in , would you move to England?

Apart from the obvious fact that they're British and are entitled to come back under international law, the vast majority of expats in Spain paid taxes and NI in the UK for their whole working life which to my mind entitles them to receive whatever care they need in their old age.

But they spend their pensions in Spain!
Legal but not very patriotic IMHO!

I am not sure whether these ex-pats should be allowed a vote. Many will have paid taxes here (as you said) but not all!

Anyway, with the housing crisis Worsleyweb mentioned, it's probably better if large number continue to move out to Spain.

But they spend their pensions in Spain!
Legal but not very patriotic IMHO!

I am not sure whether these ex-pats should be allowed a vote. Many will have paid taxes here (as you said) but not all!

Anyway, with the housing crisis Worsleyweb mentioned, it's probably better if large number continue to move out to Spain.
You're right. We should deduct a proportion of their pensions equivalent to what they'd be paying in VAT if they were here;-)

You do talk in riddles. If we are short of houses and we need to build more what do we do? 20 plus years in property, weekly meetings with councils and government officers and I await your earth shattering answer to the crisis. I am genuinely excited at you telling me I am running in the ring direction. Please tell me the answer to a huge under supply of houses?

Build them.

Bring in the "Housing Crisis Bill" look at whatever is holding you back and be rid of it, mobilise manpower, land and resources and get it done.

You work with the tools you have, but they are inadequate, so imagine this were a national crisis, say like fighting a war in the South Atlantic, looks at what is needed and bring in to public control all the things required, if laws stand in the way change them.

Devote the resources to getting it done.

Under the present government that simply will never happen. You work in a circumstance with defined powers, I have no doubt you know every inch of them, if those powers were to expand ten fold what could you do with that?

I was watching a debate the other day, there was an American speaker that said it would be impossible today to build the interstate highway system Eisenhower built in the 50's or to put a man on the moon as they did in the 60's because there simply isn't the political will.

After the war we cleared the slums and built thousands of council houses, we nationalised the health service, but as Andy Burnham stated during the leadership elections last year we could not do that today.

Last edited:
I am pretty bloody confident that will not be the case, pretty confident indeed.

Why do you ask?
I agree in that I think it is very unlikely, it's just that I think the less wealthy parts of Wales will suffer more than anything from Brexit so whilst it is a small chance, if Scotland goes and a Tory government is permanent it is not beyond impossible. I wondered if you felt so strongly against the EU that you would move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.