EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so now the EU funded ( with our own money) roads are so tourists can get in and out quicker, not because of the economic export powerhouse that is north wales? Its comforting to know the EU spent our money on cutting ten minutes off someone's caravan towing time. I wonder if the money could have been better spent on transport infrastructure to and from our actual productive areas - or am I naive and is that just keeping the rich rich?
Firstly you show your attitude with the dismissive caravan comment and I can assure you there is much more to tourism in North Wales than just caravans, secondly if you'd driven to North Wales over the decades you'd know that it makes a lot more difference than ten minutes . Finally as you ( I would hope ) well know the roads facilitate a hell of a lot of tourism that benefits England and Ireland also this also facilitates a lot of Anglo (and beyond) Irish trade through Holyhead. Should have been done decades ago but it took the EU funds to do it.

If you want to dismiss Ireland and Wales and indeed North West England as non productive and undeserving of quality infrastructure that's up to you, but

You are displaying exactly the attitude that will contribute more than anything to the chances of an in win by dismissing parts of the country and that attitude which has been the attitude of the South East for decades will cause rightful fear for anyone who holds Britain to be more than just London and the South East

I don't think naive is the word, you were being wilfully ignorant to make a point or accidentally so ....

Last edited:
And Mrs ww. She is eyeing up a cottage for the half term breaks.
Another family without a home and a housing shortage of 600,001 - increasing the issue, whilst buying up in an area where you won't learn the language or assimilate - do you see any irony in that at all?

I have an idea why don't all the people who which to live in a free country stay here and those that want to live in a fascist federal EU move to one of the countries on the continent.

There isn't one here which is why I moved - has levenshulme improved due to immigration? Or Bolton? Or Blackburn? Or Bradford? Or Oldham? Or the east end of London?

Yes immigration is fantastic for the economy. I grew up in Oldham and granted it was always a bit shit but now it is officially rated as the lowest deprived area in th uk. Worked a treat......

Bollocks. Designating hull a 'city of culture' is like calling a chicken a cow. Deluded or mad - you choose.

It's about developing / improving a place as well. Glasgow and Liverpool haven't done too badly out of the City of Culture. Hull needs a lot more investment that they are trying to generate.

Yes immigration is fantastic for the economy. I grew up in Oldham and granted it was always a bit shit but now it is officially rated as the lowest deprived area in th uk. Worked a treat......

It's amazing how Pakistan is suddenly part of the EU!

Shame about Oldham. Used to love those away trip / day outs!

It's true and if you cannot accept basic self evident facts how can Brexit ever have credibility. It doesn't work to put your fingers in your ears and pretend.... As for the 15p tax you were happy to pay comments since put a lie to that one....

Look if you want to do something worthwhile get the Aussie authorities to take 15p of every £ equivalent in your wages and redirect it to HM TREASURY UK, they won't turn it down and I am sure it will be put to good use here in the uk and make you feel better.

I pay enough taxes thank you but I am happy that all those who believe we should pay more tax simply can. Please just write a cheque to HM treasury each year for the top rate of tax you advocate . It won't be refused. Do you think Gordon brown, tony Blair, Corbin, kinnock who advocate higher taxes pay that themselves....they could do, there is nothing stopping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.