EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was about the placement of those outside the EU not compulsory intake of the French so it's a different issue. As to where people go in the uk if they are refugees I don't know the answer to that.

So it would be alright for the English to instruct the Welsh that they must take in people from outside the UK (and Europe to follow your logic) rather than within it such as the sudden influx of the Ugandan Asians in the 60's? None of them went anywhere except England, Leicester and Bradford to be precise.

"The European Project Was Always Bound To Fail" - Europe Without The Union
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-06/european-project-was-always-bound-fail-europe-without-union

The European project was always bound to fail. Europe is a continent riven by geographic barriers. It has spent two millennia not only indulging in massive and constant internal wars, but also keeping written records of them, informing each generation of all the times their forebears were wronged. Over the centuries, great empires have risen and fallen, leaving behind distinct groups of people with different histories, languages and cultures. Any project attempting to fuse these disparate cultures into one monolithic state over the course of just 70 years was by its very nature doomed. It would inevitably encounter insurmountable levels of nationalistic resistance, and eventually the project would stall. That is the point at which we now find ourselves.

So someone who runs one group who agrees with you and resigns and it is deeply significant. Someone else who runs a group supports the opposite side and they are just supporting a vested interest.

I don't have a clue why he resigned, neither do you, you drew a conclusion I drew an alternate one. i think your conclusion that it was because of prime ministerial pressure is a much longer now than my more simple regular solution.
I drew no conclusions, I sggested Cameron may have been behind it as that was what was implied in the news. You will note
that I also said ''If True,'' whilst you offered up your own view as if it were gospel. I also said I'd prefer to wait and see and hear the reasons
why this bloke resigned, you've already decided the reason.

I drew no conclusions, I sggested Cameron may have been behind it as that was what was implied in the news. You will note
that I also said ''If True,'' whilst you offered up your own view as if it were gospel. I also said I'd prefer to wait and see and hear the reasons
why this bloke resigned, you've already decided the reason.
I took what you said in the exact same way you took what I replied.

Inners remind me of an innocent man who gets banged up for a crime he didn't commit. He pleads his innocence and does everything he can to gain his release. Then one bright sunny day his jailer opens the cell door and tells him 'you're free to go'. The man then hesitates, he's grown used to his captivity, he's lost his self confidence and he tells himself 'actually it's quite safe here in this cell, much safer than the big bad world outside'. Outers are looking at him thinking 'what's wrong with you man, grow some balls will you', but it's no good, he's convinced himself he's better off where he is. Such a sad case.

When a leader like that resigns it is most likely to show they are out of step with their membership and realise it or they want to do something incompatible with leading such an organisation. Any other element is possible too but that's the most likely

It rubbishes scaremongering in the same way the prime minister supporting in rubbises out scaremongering

The BCC has always been much more small business focused than say the CBI. He's reflecting the view of a significant part of its membership that doesn't export but simply sees the EU as a source of red tape. I think the BCC chose to say neutral because it didn't believe there was a consensus among its membership. In that sense he was wrong to come down on one side of the argument, but not necessarily out of step.

Inners remind me of an innocent man who gets banged up for a crime he didn't commit. He pleads his innocence and does everything he can to gain his release. Then one bright sunny day his jailer opens the cell door and tells him 'you're free to go'. The man then hesitates, he's grown used to his captivity, he's lost his self confidence and he tells himself 'actually it's quite safe here in this cell, much safer than the big bad world outside'. Outers are looking at him thinking 'what's wrong with you man, grow some balls will you', but it's no good, he's convinced himself he's better off where he is. Such a sad case.
Outters remind me of the effects of a mid life crisis. A naiive belief that what is wrong with oneself can be fixed by moving away from others. Inners are looking at him thinking that he needs to be a bit more secure and face up to the fact he isn't 20 any more and looks a little silly in an mx5 with dodgy troupe and a girlfriend half his age bankrupting him

The BCC has always been much more small business focused than say the CBI. He's reflecting the view of a significant part of its membership that doesn't export but simply sees the EU as a source of red tape. I think the BCC chose to say neutral because it didn't believe there was a consensus among its membership. In that sense he was wrong to come down on one side of the argument, but not necessarily out of step.
fair enough so most likely resigned as position untenable even if not out of tune?

Outters remind me of the effects of a mid life crisis. A naiive belief that what is wrong with oneself can be fixed by moving away from others. Inners are looking at him thinking that he needs to be a bit more secure and face up to the fact he isn't 20 any more and looks a little silly in an mx5 with dodgy troupe and a girlfriend half his age bankrupting him
Hope it's cosy in that cell ;). Here's the deal, you give me 2 grand and I'll give you 1 grand back. I'll tell you what to spend it on and I'll insist you tell everyone this money came from me. As you are so fond of the EU I'm sure you'll be up for it.

I think my biggest worry is that a vote to stay in will be seen as a mandate in favour of yet more integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.