Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea used a method called amortisation which spreads the transfer fee over the length of the contract thus avoiding any repercussions. We were just plain stupid and cheated a system through bad management and allowing people to have control over issues they possibly knew nothing about. I mean whatever the ceiling is surely someone at the club is able to count ffs
Every club amortises player costs, it’s not unique to the Chavs. Years ago players weren’t assets on balance sheet, now they’re amortised over the length of their contracts, a player costing £50m on a five year contract is worth £40m at the start of their second season and so on.

Everton will have done exactly the same, your accountants won’t be “plain stupid” but your owner gambled and lost, very similar to what Bohley is doing. However we all know your penalty is disproportionate for the offence but I suspect the timing has been partly negotiable, IE given at a time whereby you are only 2 points from safety and having to catch 3/4 very poor teams to avoid relegation.

Every club amortises player costs, it’s not unique to the Chavs. Years ago players weren’t assets on balance sheet, now they’re amortised over the length of their contracts, a player costing £50m on a five year contract is worth £40m at the start of their second season and so on.

Everton will have done exactly the same, your accountants won’t be “plain stupid” but your owner gambled and lost, very similar to what Bohley is doing. However we all know your penalty is disproportionate for the offence but I suspect the timing has been partly negotiable, IE given at a time whereby you are only 2 points from safety and having to catch 3/4 very poor teams to avoid relegation.
Difference with the chavs is they have spread a number of contracts (and hence the amortisation period) over 8 years, it's almost a certainty that they are going to have squad players (at best) on high wages for 3 years longer than most clubs, either that or pay off their contracts, partially or wholly cover their pay to send them out on load etc, which has to have an impact on their FFP calculations down the road.

One or two players would have negligible impact, but Chelsea have I believe 12 players on 7.5 or 8 year contracts

Difference with the chavs is they have spread a number of contracts (and hence the amortisation period) over 8 years, it's almost a certainty that they are going to have squad players (at best) on high wages for 3 years longer than most clubs, either that or pay off their contracts, partially or wholly cover their pay to send them out on load etc, which has to have an impact on their FFP calculations down the road.

One or two players would have negligible impact, but Chelsea have I believe 12 players on 7.5 or 8 year contracts
Yes of course they have, the loop hole has been closed by UEFA now, they can still sign players in 8 year contracts but for FFP purposes the contracts are assessed over a maximum 5 years l. They’re still in deep sit if they don’t qualify for the Champions League b

The points deduction I don't think will affect our status I very much doubt. To me our season starts next week and I still feel we will get enough points to stay up. Had we been punished at the same stage last year we would have gone down 100%, so yeah after the initial furore has died down it's not as bad as first thought

The points deduction I don't think will affect our status I very much doubt. To me our season starts next week and I still feel we will get enough points to stay up. Had we been punished at the same stage last year we would have gone down 100%, so yeah after the initial furore has died down it's not as bad as first thought
You’ll stay up no problem, it’s a disproportionate punishment though, I hope you take it out on the Rags next week, they’re behind all this shit along with the Dippers, Tarquins, Chavs (ironically) and Spuds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.