Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton being relentlessly sued by clubs that feel aggrieved by their failure to meet FFP requirements would be the end of the club and could a precedence litigation for all sorts of grievances.

To be frank, FFP is a complete and utter shit-showt that could've only been conceived by complete cretins.
The first thing any independent regulator should do is look at FFP, see how it's being inconsistently applied, decide what it's purpose really is and whether it is actually legal.

We would have got a lesser punishment for going into administration.

Nobody is saying we are squeaky clean. But looking at some of the circumstances that were not classed as mitigating (Gylfi, Covid, War in Ukraine) it could be argued that we were under the threshold anyway.

But we admitted guilt so fair do's. The outrage is the punishment doesnt fit the crime.
All I’ve seen is everyone saying what about city? Well what about united who failed ffp a matter of weeks ago? All brushed under the rug. Like liverpools fake stadium plans. If they’re digging up stuff on us then surely they have to go back those aswell! Stinks to high heaven! Also looks like Liverpool really don’t want you to get that new stadium

Everton being relentlessly sued by clubs that feel aggrieved by their failure to meet FFP requirements would be the end of the club and could a precedence litigation for all sorts of grievances.

To be frank, FFP is a complete and utter shit-showt that could've only been conceived by complete cretins.
Everton wanted it and voted for it. They were so anti city back then and ganged up sign the cartel boys. It’s ironic and now it’s going to destroy them. Told you so toffees will just hurt them even more.

All I’ve seen is everyone saying what about city? Well what about united who failed ffp a matter of weeks ago? All brushed under the rug. Like liverpools fake stadium plans. If they’re digging up stuff on us then surely they have to go back those aswell! Stinks to high heaven! Also looks like Liverpool really don’t want you to get that new stadium
All we heard was it was minor breaches and not a squeak more

There were people on here claiming I got it wrong when I said Liverpool and United are still the most relevant Clubs in this country even tho City have been the best for about 10 years. These two are the ones pushing for the likes of City and Chelsea to be relagated or at least stripped of there titles more than any other clubs. The reason for this is simple.. these two would benefit more than any others if that was to happen.
I just don’t think the outcry for punishment would be as strong if it was United or Liverpool being charged and the likes of City.. West Ham.. Everton etc were the ones calling for punishment. It’s because United and Liverpool are the biggest and most relevant clubs in this country wether they win trophies or not and the worldwide power they genarate does play a part.. bit like Madrid when they Wade into Spanish T.V. Rights or domestic policy in the Spanish game.
My own personal opinion is the rise of City and Chelsea is good for the game and generates competition which for a neutral like me is good am all for anything that breaks up the old English dominance of United.. Liverpool and Arsenal.

We messed up, owned up generally and have been punished. But when you read the report and their main points of contention are -
The loan for the new stadium
Value and reluctance to get rid of Sigurdsson
Having a wealthy owner

They initially set the narrative that Everton would be deducted 12 points, which then made the 10 points deduction look lenient. Eventually they'll reduce it by a further few points and a fine.

Ian Byrne, Liverpool West Derby MP and Red Shite fan. Fair play to him.

This basically threatens the club, the stadium, jobs if we go into administration etc. EITC. P&S was meant to 'protect clubs' but this could kill us. Good to see him mention the pathetic punishment the Super League wannabees got too.

His motion, in full, read: “That this House condemns the grossly unjust points deduction imposed on Everton Football Club by a Premier League commission, a punishment lacking any legal or equitable foundation or justification for the level of sanction; notes that financial-not-sporting penalties for far more severe breaches have been applied, including the industry-and-community-threatening European Super League; declares that sporting sanctions unfairly punish supporters; notices the improper dismissal of extraordinary mitigating circumstances outlined by Everton; impresses on the House Everton’s investment in North Liverpool, its 2028 Euro Stadium, and the club’s long-standing, commendable commitment to Liverpool’s vulnerable; gravely remarks that these investments are now under threat; that this House contends the Premier League can no longer fairly govern top-flight football without independent scrutiny and legislation; asserts that the commission’s cavalier approach to points deductions necessitates acceleration of the introduction of the Government’s proposed Independent Regulator; urges the Government to immediately establish an Independent Football Regulator that will safeguard the future of the game, enforce compliance with financial regulation, and establish new guardrails for corporate governance, club ownership, fan engagement, and competition regulation; requests the suspension of all proceedings and sanctions made by the commission until the Regulator makes its own determinations; and demands fan ownership and board representation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.