Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve broken the rules and all I see on social media is outrage and sympathy. Still no proof we have broken the rules and all I see on social media is hatred and vitriol and calls for our club to be destroyed. If Everton were the most successful club of the last decade would they be receiving all this sympathy? Nah would they fuck.

They’ve broken the rules and all I see on social media is outrage and sympathy. Still no proof we have broken the rules and all I see on social media is hatred and vitriol and calls for our club to be destroyed. If Everton were the most successful club of the last decade would they be receiving all this sympathy? Nah would they fuck.

We would have got a lesser punishment for going into administration.

Nobody is saying we are squeaky clean. But looking at some of the circumstances that were not classed as mitigating (Gylfi, Covid, War in Ukraine) it could be argued that we were under the threshold anyway.

But we admitted guilt so fair do's. The outrage is the punishment doesnt fit the crime.

Quite a bit of the vitriol is organised by the redshirts and their bots, I wager.

Quite a bit of the vitriol is organised by the redshirts and their bots, I wager.

Most of what I can see against you is the Utd, RS and Arsenal fans out in force. Utd for obvious reasons but Arsenal and that lot are because they believe you are what stands in their way of winning things.

Chelsea used a method called amortisation which spreads the transfer fee over the length of the contract thus avoiding any repercussions. We were just plain stupid and cheated a system through bad management and allowing people to have control over issues they possibly knew nothing about. I mean whatever the ceiling is surely someone at the club is able to count ffs
As has been pointed out, all clubs amortise players but what Chelsea did was spread that out over 8 years rather than 5. That makes the annual amortisation lower but has potentially negative impacts.

As an example, take a £40m player. Over 5 years that's £8m a year amortisation but only £5m over 8 years. After 4 years though the former will be on the balance sheet at £8m whereas the latter's book value will be £20m. So if you sell that player for £25m, the former will give a profit of £17m whereas the latter will only show a £5m profit.

And the longer contract ties the player in for longer, potentially making them harder to sell, particularly if they're on a high salary.

Chelsea are potentially in the same situation as you, whereas ours is completely different. You gamble on additional spending beyond FFP limits and they seem to have done the same, on the assumption they'll just get a fine if they don't meet FFP. In light of your punishment, they might be quietly crapping themselves now.

Chelsea used a method called amortisation which spreads the transfer fee over the length of the contract thus avoiding any repercussions. We were just plain stupid and cheated a system through bad management and allowing people to have control over issues they possibly knew nothing about. I mean whatever the ceiling is surely someone at the club is able to count ffs
The big picture is that clubs like United have run up debts of £800m and that is apparently fine even though they never make any attempt to reduce it while Everton missed the FFP target by just £19.5m over three years and have been punished for trying to improve themselves. The system is entirely corrupt and more clubs are now starting to wake up to it.
It's a shame so many other fans are tribal and believe the total shite that has been written about City in the past decade. Even some people in your fanbase are saying: "What about City." They have been manipulated by the media. The question they should be asking is: "What about Richard Masters and his close relationship with the Directors at LFC and MUFC."

The big picture is that clubs like United have run up debts of £800m and that is apparently fine even though they never make any attempt to reduce it while Everton missed the FFP target by just £19.5m over three years and have been punished for trying to improve themselves. The system is entirely corrupt and more clubs are now starting to wake up to it.
It's a shame so many other fans are tribal and believe the total shite that has been written about City in the past decade. Even some people in your fanbase are saying: "What about City." They have been manipulated by the media. The question they should be asking is: "What about Richard Masters and his close relationship with the Directors at LFC and MUFC."
Nothing to see here, move along the bus

Everton being relentlessly sued by clubs that feel aggrieved by their failure to meet FFP requirements would be the end of the club and could a precedence litigation for all sorts of grievances.

To be frank, FFP is a complete and utter shit-showt that could've only been conceived by complete cretins.

Last edited:
I know what you sympathy towards them and non stop bile towards us, fuck them I Hope they go down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.