Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no way at all that City would allow him to think that he's coming in as a starter and the comments directed in the media back this up.

We aren't stupid, despite what some people on this forum tend to think

He will get plenty of games imo. Great energy and not wasteful. Will certainly not be a Sinclair or Rodwell sort of signing.

Anyway it appears we have bought half the England team midfield today. Cant do much ore than that to address the HG problem.

Good move for City this. He will be busting a gut to make up for the disappointment of losing the FA Cup Final and he will see moving to us as his chance to win trophies, and to prove he belongs in a team of better players than Villa. Just coming into his best years.

I think Delph will surprise a few. He's a decent energetic midfielder and he'll get games this season no doubt. As a few have said already, i hope that signals the end of Fernando's spell at City, he's slow and lethargic and I feel we have got an upgrade in Delph.

Really glad we swapped Scott Sinclair for Scott Sinclair 2.0 with Villa.
I said this time last year that Delph was the most improved player in the Prem from that season. His workrate and even goal threat on the counter attack (remember that goal at Southampton?) are decent quality. He's made it into the England squad on merit. This is with England having two good midfielders in Carrick and Wilshire.

At £8m this is really good business since we're paying about £20m just for Sterling's homegrown tag itself!

The only rea
Players like this sometimes thrive on having great players around them and sometimes wilt - and whether they do is won or lost in their own heads most of the time. It's pretty much up to him.

Reasonably pleased with this signing.

It's a shame for Villa and their fans though, both of whom I like. We are certainly beneficiaries of a footballing landscape that is both uneven and unfair.

The only flaw I find in him is his technique, he dives in too much to get the ball. Some tackles are really hard and might break opposition players legs :( But I agree huge signing, I am pretty sure he will become fan's favourite in no time and ousting Fernando out of the lineups on many occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.