Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why are you so sure that Fabinho is not going to happen? Can we say that whatever it was that made Billy, a renowned ITK here, dead sure that Pickford would happen instead of Moraes and yet it didn't happen could happen again. Completely different transfers I know but you get my point, right?

Different transfers, yes, but also different sources. For Pickford his source was a Sunderland scout, while for Fabinho it's a Guardiola insider. The latter is far, far more reliable and I can personally vouch for that.

EXCLUSIVE: @manutd are now in prime position to land the signature of @AS_Monaco Player, Fabinho with the Brazilian set to leave for #MUFC

Some bloke named Richard Morrow tweeted this, united supporters lapping it up on twitter

lol that guy again.

Complete bullshitter who hasn't even the gumption to delete his litany of baseless, ridiculous transfer guesses from years gone by. Here's a few of his exclusives from last summer:
- Arsenal signing Riyad Mahrez
- Raheem Sterling leaving City. PSG or Arsenal likely destinations.
- Victor Lindelof has signed for United.
- Edison Cavani is off to the swamp too, "many" of his sources confirmed this nugget.

The rags are clutching at straws with this one.

Different transfers, yes, but also different sources. For Pickford his source was a Sunderland scout, while for Fabinho it's a Guardiola insider. The latter is far, far more reliable and I can personally vouch for that.
Doesn't sound good at all

We dont need him as DM. We have Gundogan. And Dinho as back up. Walker or Semedo is enough for right back.
At this point we can't even trust Gundogan to stay healthy for half a season given his injury record.

Fabinho is exactly the type of FB/DM hybrid pep loves. We need this.

At this point we can't even trust Gundogan to stay healthy for half a season given his injury record.

Fabinho is exactly the type of FB/DM hybrid pep loves. We need this.

Why do people keep thinking we'll continue with this FBs coming into CM type of playing? Considering our main targets at full backs are Walker and Mendy you'd think Pep might adapt his game a little as he always said he would. When talking about both Monaco and Spurs this season, he seemed in awe at how their full backs could maraude up and down the pitch all game. My thinking is he wants to replicate that.

Why do people keep thinking we'll continue with this FBs coming into CM type of playing? Considering our main targets at full backs are Walker and Mendy you'd think Pep might adapt his game a little as he always said he would. When talking about both Monaco and Spurs this season, he seemed in awe at how their full backs could maraude up and down the pitch all game. My thinking is he wants to replicate that.

I'd imagine he'd like the option of both depending on the opposition.

Like up front, in a game where we've space in behind you're going to see Sane and Sterling deployed for their pace but when a bus is parked you need more creative types to breach the defence so you'd be more likely to see Bernardo and say DeBruyne in wide areas.

Same thing will happen at full back, some games he'll want an extra body in midfield to outnumber the opposition, this is when you'll get your ball playing full backs rather than your marauders, so to speak.

Because the idea of using two most mobile and athletic players all across the pitch is a bloody good one and has boundless perspectives. It's not like they won't attack from the flanks at all, it's about deepening of players' versatility and fluidity of play - the way of tactical development that became obvious after Dutch revolution. You can field more attack-minded technicians if you have a freely transforming back 5 that takes different shapes according to the situation - 41,32,23 and so on
I'm not sure that Walker fits this role, but we'll see, I bet Pep will mostly use him as a width provider running up and down like you say. Maybe we'll get a versatile player like Henrichs in 2 years, and Walker is just a temporary repair for the RB hole. Who knows.

Last edited:
EXCLUSIVE: @manutd are now in prime position to land the signature of @AS_Monaco Player, Fabinho with the Brazilian set to leave for #MUFC

Some bloke named Richard Morrow tweeted this, united supporters lapping it up on twitter

This is what I hate the most about the transfer window and twitter in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.