Favourite curry

I've never liked Indian food. Been to restaurants and just ended up eating chips :D
However, I cannot go more than 7 days without half chips, half rice and beef curry from the Chinese chippy down the road.

I don't have a favourite curry as such, but usually go for something I haven't heard of before off the menu.
Usually go for something medium hot, so I can taste what I'm eating, and currently loving anything featuring okra or spinach. Like to vary the meat between lamb, chicken or fish, or happy to go veg only.
Also really enjoy Nepalese curries. They have a different spice base and tend to be a bit drier but are super tasty.
During lockdown, I went through a phase of teaching myself to cook a different curry each Saturday. As a result, I now have three very well stocked spice draws in my kitchen.

Same for me along with achari and karahi.

Spicy, but with fresh veg and spices.
A good karahi is very tasty. Not a popular curry but one of my favourites as it's medium strength. I go as hot as a madras but can't handle a vindaloo because the last one I tried I had tears in my eyes, I still managed to eat the chicken though.

Masala dosa or...
Idli sambar
Get to know south Indian food!

A good karahi is very tasty. Not a popular curry but one of my favourites as it's medium strength. I go as hot as a madras but can't handle a vindaloo because the last one I tried I had tears in my eyes, I still managed to eat the chicken though.
I find curries in general aren’t as hot as they used to be. I still prefer madras-vindaloo spice level, but not at the expense of other flavourings.

I’d rather have a rogan Josh to a madras.

I find curries in general aren’t as hot as they used to be. I still prefer madras-vindaloo spice level, but not at the expense of other flavourings.

I’d rather have a rogan Josh to a madras.
I really enjoy battling the hot spices and chilli heat but I sometimes struggle to eat a madras, depends where it's from. I'd like to try a phall but I know I'd have no chance of eating it, hats off to those who can though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.