Fernandinho (continued)

Re: Fernandinho

Young Blue said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt_H0z6CxLc[/youtube]
Not sure if this has been posted but what a player he is!
Well spotted young un. Impressive!

Am I daft to say he reminds me of Patrick Vieira in his prime? Doesn't have the commanding presence and he's not as beefy obviously, but footballing wise he does to me.

KippaxCitizen said:
He's the best central midfielder in the Premier League in my opinion and he's only had 20 games. Imagine how good he's going to be in his second and third seasons...

I don't have too much of a problem with him not being selected, maybe the coach has longer term plan for him. It would be shocking if he didn't get into the WC squad in the Summer though, then I would be miffed.

On a slightly different note I was watching some game over the weekend, can't remember which one it was now, and the commentator said Argentina used 147 or 157 different players in 2013. Maybe the Brazil coach is just sticking to what he knows - could bite him on the arse though in terms of winning the comp. if he doesn't pick the best players.

You'd be digging into League 2 to get 147 English players! It's funny when you watch a team from another country and think "he's a good player" then Google him and he's Argentine. There are bloody loads of good Argentines.

There's something in the water down in Argentina. By comparison, the UK has 50% higher population, and Brazil's is 5x as large. Mentally tough as nails, too.

I for one hope he doesn't get into the Brazil squad, very selfish of me but would rather he be in Brazil just relaxing with his family and watching the games rather than playing and putting himself at risk of injuries.

This goes for every player we have got who is an international.

CTID101 said:
I for one hope he doesn't get into the Brazil squad, very selfish of me but would rather he be in Brazil just relaxing with his family and watching the games rather than playing and putting himself at risk of injuries.

This goes for every player we have got who is an international.

Isn't one of the reasons he joined us to get picked for the world cup?

My worry is what will we do without him? The man needs a rest and we have no-one at the club who can do what he does. I'm just scared we're gonna burn him out.

We need a Fernandinho / Kompany & Zabaleta MKII

acton28 said:
Better than Viera. And, I'd bet Viera would agree.

He's up there, but I don't think anyone can say that Fern is definitely better than Pat was. Pat was one hell of a fucking player. One of the most complete players I've ever seen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.