Fernandinho (continued)

Dare I say he is much more important than Yaya in high intensity games. The way he keeps our momentum going is incredible as well as covering so much ground. In actual fact, we can probably get away with playing him and demichelis in a midfield two should Yaya be injured. Fernandinho used to play in a more advanced role for Shaktar with a pure defensive midfielder beside him. It clearly shows his adaptability and importance to the team. No doubt we will miss him.

Bad news that he'll be out for four weeks... Sods law, if they'd known this then they might have forked out for Mangala and Fernando.

MP always tends to err on the cautious side with his initial estimates. According to Physio Room, Nasri is due back on Feb 18 (for Barcelona game). That's <6 weeks from his injury when the original estimate was 8 weeks. Let's see what the official report yields today, but unless it's a very serious injury, there's still hope he might make it for the CL.

lasereyes said:
MP always tends to err on the cautious side with his initial estimates. According to Physio Room, Nasri is due back on Feb 18 (for Barcelona game). That's <6 weeks from his injury when the original estimate was 8 weeks. Let's see what the official report yields today, but unless it's a very serious injury, there's still hope he might make it for the CL.

ESPN are saying two weeks and quoting MP in support of that.

Its all over the shop in the reporting of this one.

MP said three to four weeks but the report from the medico tomorrow will indicate a better timeline.

On our feed John Champion was saying its a slight/minor knock so Norwich hear he comes.

mancity111 said:
lasereyes said:

MP said three to four weeks but the report from the medico tomorrow will indicate a better timeline.

On our feed John Champion was saying its a slight/minor knock so Norwich hear he comes.

If he is borderline, I would not risk him for Norwich. We really need him for the two cup ties -- and we should be able to dispose of Norwich and Sunderland with a team similar to last night (personally I would put Milner in CM in place of Demichelis if fit).

lasereyes said:
mancity111 said:
lasereyes said:

If he is borderline, I would not risk him for Norwich. We really need him for the two cup ties -- and we should be able to dispose of Norwich and Sunderland with a team similar to last night (personally I would put Milner in CM in place of Demichelis if fit).

My gut feel on this one is closer to the four weeks MP was suggesting so he might miss those games.

mancity111 said:
lasereyes said:
mancity111 said:

My gut feel on this one is closer to the four weeks MP was suggesting so he might miss those games.

It's his thoughts, he's no physio, so we'll find out today. Praying he'll be fit for Barça

dekabreak said:
mancity111 said:
lasereyes said:

It's his thoughts, he's no physio, so we'll find out today. Praying he'll be fit for Barça

He would only relay an initial assessment from the medicos.

I hope he is available for Norwich myself but the way our soft tissue injuries have gone this year I think its wishful thinking.

mancity111 said:
lasereyes said:
mancity111 said:

Gut feeling ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.