For those Blues that are no longer here

just like we won the FA cup neil young, this year it's the league for mike doyle.

I will be raising a pint to my grandad who passed on the calling to my dad and then me and onto my son, died of lung cancer 22 years ago, never forget sending me to the newsagents for 10 woodbine and spend the change on sweets when I was 8, thanks for making me a blue Jack!
And also for my step dad Pete, who died in June 2007, although I only knew him for 10 short years, he was more than just a step dad, he was a mate, a City fanatic, and a man who put his life on the line for others in the fire service, and we would have been drinking each other under the table on Sunday. Enjoy looking down on the match Sub, watch fall out!

For my grandad who spent what little money he had to take us to matches. For my Uncle whose life was to short to see us win any trophies. And for my fellow blues who can only watch from the heavens.

My wife although not a blue (not into football) when money was short she still found a way for me to get my season ticket, never pulled her face when I would up and off to the game even when we moved down here so it ment I would be gone for the weekend wish I could turn back time,
I love and miss her so much

I really hope city win the league for my grandad and auntie who died last year, big city fans, and im sure theyll be watching up in the sky. come on city!!

Rascal said:
This thread should be in the classics.

It should be. I hope the press are reading this. No history?

However, I cannot even manage a page as I get too tearful. Genuinely the most moving thread that I've ever read, or tried to at least.

blue John said:
My wife although not a blue (not into football) when money was short she still found a way for me to get my season ticket, never pulled her face when I would up and off to the game even when we moved down here so it ment I would be gone for the weekend wish I could turn back time,
I love and miss her so much

WOW! Sounds like she was a perfect lady...
She will be so happy for you mate I'm sure!

judging by this and DDs thread on 'istry there's lots of emotive stuff waiting to pour out if we make it on sunday.......

I wept at abide with me last year. Mum was on the very last toe of her last legs but the family insisted I went to the final. She watched on bedside tv in the hosp and saw us win after having to console her unconsolable kids in '81....

I thought I'd never see her again but got back to say final final goodbyes - I felt she kept herself going until I'd come back and told her about it....

If we win it on sunday she'll be cackling like a mad one with the rest of the blues and I'll be weeping like a baby like the rest of us!....

'kinell, I'm going to have to pay off topic a visit to, errrr, pull myself together.....

for my 2 mates ...dave mckay also known as diddy dave ...and howard hennis also known as wid some of the older cheetham hill guys will remember wid he spent his time in the local teaching us everything that was bad about the swamp & made sure we knew all that was good about our wonderfull football club ...rip boys & keep faith !!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.