Forgotten Away Days Days Number Two - QPR 93 FA Cup

Didsbury Dave said:
Impeccable said:
Same here. Poor stewards couldn't prevent the deluge of fans running onto the pitch at the final whistle. After a while they just stood to one side and left whoever get on there. An officer from the Metropolitan Constabulary attempted to halt my illegal trepass onto the pitch, but with a swift bodyswerve and a flailing arm, he ended on his knees with his helmet planted on the turf!!!!! I was a bit more nimble back in them days!!!!!!

Happy memories, indeed.

I honestly don't remember a pitch invasion. Pitch invasions could be a new thread in itself. There was nowt quite like doing the victory jig on the park. done it loads of times. I suspect all the kids on here will start tut-tutting about it though.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TFfvetbYqc[/youtube] dd at the end of the vid you can make out a few running on the pitch from the main stand, there was probaly a few hundred around the ground that made it on the pitch at the end, good vid anyway and good memories.

I to was also at the game and remember it well, David white hit his shot like a rocket and flew into the net and vonky scored from a corner I think. A great day with a brilliant following from city great atmosphere.

I'm praying they come up this season. A fantastic away day.

That clip is brilliant, brings the memories flooding back and there is nothing better than watching a packed away terrace go absolutely off its tits when a goal goes in (you'll go a long way to beat the Curle and Brightwell goals at OT for pure pandomonium though).

I've played on the plastic pitch at Loftus Road as well. I couldn't believe how shit it was. It was covered in sand and had actual holes in it. Staggering.

m27 said:
I'mthere is nothing better than watching a packed away terrace go absolutely off its tits when a goal goes in (you'll go a long way to beat the Curle and Brightwell goals at OT for pure pandomonium though).

I'll take your Brightwell goal and raise you Paul Power - both Everton and Villa Park, the 1981 cup run. For the Goodison goal they are so packed noone's arms even come up, they just surge forward and bounce around!

Was on the second tier that day and remember the locals chasing me and some pals off from the high rises outside the ground, afterwards.

Legged it all the way to the market for the tube.

There was an FA Cup tie awat at Sheffield United which was even better in terms of support and atmosphere.

Think we won 1-0 - might have been White again?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Was on the second tier that day and remember the locals chasing me and some pals off from the high rises outside the ground, afterwards.

There was an FA Cup tie awat at Sheffield United which was even better in terms of support and atmosphere.

Not sure we played Sheffield United around that time in the Cup - we did play them at home in the League Cup at home in the late 1980's and won 4-2 IIRC.

I remember a 1-0 win away at Bramall Lane just after Horton became City manager - Mike Sheron scored the winner, and it was pretty mental in the terrace behind the goal.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Ooh I think that memory of yours is slipping again Tolm!

I'm struggling to remember this game...

Soulboy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Ooh I think that memory of yours is slipping again Tolm!

I'm struggling to remember this game...

Yup, so many games, so many blanks.

It was the Sheron goal at Bramhall Lane.

But were you there in the Zenith Data Cup at Bramhall ;)

My first ever derby was actually at Old Trafford, an FA Cup tie around 1984?

I was only nine but remember City players all stopping when I think Jesper Olsson did his dying swan penalty appeal, and Whiteside smashed in and lost 1-0?

54,000-odd

Correct?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.