Formed in 2008! No history!

Just realised the symmetry of our trophy haul
5 League titles
5 FA Cups
5 League Cups
1 Cup winners cup (we’ll have to win 4 more European trophies without adding to the collection)

And we won the title with FIVE games to spare this season.

I quoted the stat about us winning the FA Cup, the League Cup and a European trophy before Liverpool to a buswrecker at work, who claimed we had no 'istree.

He said he didn’t know that. He must have looked it up, as the next time he saw me, he said you’re right.

Does anyone else ever get sick to the back teeth of this nonsense always thrown in our direction? Probably in a lot of circumstances by “fans” who have never been to Old Trafford!!
Could someone please draw up an in your face fact sheet for referral when needed! Lol

I cannot say it really bothers me as I am not prepared to let anything get in the way of my enjoyment of this team and the previous trophy winners.

Fans of all clubs spout nonsense, including our own to dig at our rivals (all United fans are from London etc). I use to say it myself and fall about laughing when reds took the bait and think, with all the success they had, how pathetic it was to let this upset them. No chance I am going to let them think the same thing about me.

By history you mean trophies?

It doesn't compare to Man Utd or Liverpool but what did their honours list look like in the pinnacle of their history under Busby or Shankly?

Our success means so much more to us now, because we remember the bad times and we are the fastest growing club in the world by every single measure:

Growing fan base: See attendance growth, see world wide fan surveys eg Global Digital Trends Surveys
Trophies: e.g. 3 league titles in 7 seasons
Revenue: Surging. In England second only to Man Utd and closing the gap.
Infrastructure: See the changes at the club.it's ongoing and we know this is on-going
Youth teams: Developing an outstanding group of young players. Mourinho feels he can only be competitive with his very best senior players whilst Guardiola revels in pitting his young charges against the best.

You should be able to go onto any forum in the world and absolutely destroy your opposition because the tissue of lies and jealousy about MCFC is incredibly fragile. Most opposition fans fall back on the financial 'doping' argument or the 'human rights' argument. They are incredibly easy arguments to win. The only problem is that 'conquering all' wastes time. What does it really achieve? A keyboard warrior gives you certain skills and then it becomes boring and health of your team lies not in your skills as a street fighter on the Internet but on the quality of the coach and the financial strength of your club so better to do something more fundamental and increase your own capability so that when presented with an argument you can find its flaw i.e. be able to think on your feet. People are not static unless they want to be. Neural development probably is linked to age but they say we only use 1% of our mental capacity so your potential is limited only by your state of mind.

City's success has been an incredible experience. We have gone from watching our club slowly die to seeing it turn around in the lower divisions to fight back under Royle and Keegan and then to experience the ultimate moment in the history of sport through Aguero. All we needed was to be loyal (that's a basic human trait) and be lucky to have been born at a magical time in our history, but we can do more than just watch and cheer. Don't spend too much time arguing.
Great post

I always like to go back to before WW2 etc., for some real, cold historical facts. Like how when City won the FA Cup in '34, Utd came within a point of relegation to Division 3. Or how in '37 when City won the league for the first time, Utd were relegated back to Division 2. A Utd fan exposed himself on the final day of the season back in May bragging about how a win that day would be a landmark, 3000th win I think. In the stats table he produced, he forgot to cover up the 800+ games Utd had played In Division 2. Shock horror, the decades before WW2 in which the Red Shite were...well, shite. Not forgetting how their first two League titles, first FA Cup and first Charity Shield were won thanks to key ex-Blues like Meredith. Or how Busby was an FA Cup winning ex-Blue. Or how City bailed Utd out by requesting that Manchester Central be stopped from entering the football league due to the negative impact it would have had on Utd.
Other examples include us winning a European trophy before Red Scouse etc., as noted already.
Emphasising just how close we were in terms of trophies before the drought began is a good one, too.

Trophies as of the close of 1976:
- City, 12 (9, without Community Shield)
- Scum, 18 (11)
- Arsenal, 20 (13)
- Liverpool, 18 (13)
- Chelsea, 4 (3)
- Spurs, 16 (11)
- Everton, 14 (10)

Remember, "NO 'ISTREH!!!"
Excellent post!

To your point about the 1930s; we got two attendances in the cup run in 1934, one against Sheffield Wednesday of 68614 and one against Stoke of 84569.

That first attendance is just one of many we had in that decade of 65-75000. When you think Liverpool's best ever attendance is 61905, that says a lot about our club.

Also, as we all know, is the biggest club ground attendance outside Wembley ever in English football.

Last edited by a moderator:
NqyF3wX.jpg

Utd fans love playing city bingo, it's their favourite past time.
Whenever they are losing an argument just listen or look out for these phrases, most of the time they think they are being original and wheeling them out for the first time.

‘Pep is bald’.

I don,t,that gruelling walk down,the buzz as we approached mosside,the look around the souvenir shop at things i couldn't have. The walk through the turnstiles,the smell of cigars,the que for a pie,hairs standing on end as I could see the pitch through block s of the North stand. Wouldn't trade any of that,still means as much to me.

Touché.

A truly magical and magnificent place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.