Funniest/cleverest chants

“Booked for being Ugly, oh you got booked for being ugly” directed towards Stevie Handsome Fulton.

“Booked for being Ugly, oh you got booked for being ugly” directed towards Stevie Handsome Fulton.

I remember when we came fourth in the four horse race for promotion playing at Sheffield Wednesday singing “You’re going up, we’re not”

I recall us being away at Bramall Lane in September 1996. We'd started the season as favourites for promotion but it really wasn't going all that well. Alan Ball, thankfully, had left but, in the following month, no one of any pedigree seemed to want to replace him. We were in lower mid-table and had just lost 5-1 on aggregate in the League Cup to Lincoln when we went to Sheffield United, who looked like making a promotion challenge under Howard Kendall.

I remember it being a somewhat routine 2-0 home victory, in which - as so often back then - the away support was really the only thing to praise about City. The especially memorable moment came in the second half, when the Blades fans started chanting about their local rivals: "We hate Wednesday and we hate Wednesday, We are the Wednesday haters1" Quick as a flash, our end belted out the same song with great gusto, except we replaced Wednesday with Saturday. Even the home fans found it funny.

“Spaghetti Bolognaise is mince”

Scotland fans in Italy years ago.

Spotty Gilzean
Spotty Gilzean
He’s got spots
All over his face

For the FOC’s
Alan? Wow! That's going back some. I remember him well. One of my old schoolmates was a Spuds fan and I remember him bringing in pictures of Alan Gilzean, Martin Chivers, Mike England and a few others.

I must be an extremely FOC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.