Gareth Bale part 2.

bigdavecox90 said:
supercity88 said:
The way the market is now and the fees being paid, £80m is where you would put Bale. Ronaldo and Messi would probably cost closer to £150m!!!

This is the exact point.

It's not the fact that he isn't worth £80mill, we all know that. It's the way the market is heading, so as you said, Ronaldo and Messi would have increased in value by now also.

Which is the complete opposite of what many people were saying would happen when FFP came in - the talk from the supporters of FFP was that it would drive transfer fees and wages down but while there may be some evidence that wages may be curbed, there's none to suggest that transfer fees are going down.

M18CTID said:
bigdavecox90 said:
supercity88 said:
The way the market is now and the fees being paid, £80m is where you would put Bale. Ronaldo and Messi would probably cost closer to £150m!!!

This is the exact point.

It's not the fact that he isn't worth £80mill, we all know that. It's the way the market is heading, so as you said, Ronaldo and Messi would have increased in value by now also.

Which is the complete opposite of what many people were saying would happen when FFP came in - the talk from the supporters of FFP was that it would drive transfer fees and wages down but while there may be some evidence that wages may be curbed, there's none to suggest that transfer fees are going down.

No chance and I can't see them going down at all.

Soon clubs will be after a Danny Welbeck for £300million.

bigdavecox90 said:
M18CTID said:
bigdavecox90 said:
This is the exact point.

Soon clubs will be after a Danny Welbeck for £300.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
bigdavecox90 said:
M18CTID said:

Soon clubs will be after a Danny Welbeck for £300.

Sorry I typed million by accident ;-)

FFP is a stupid rule that fortunately City have been able to prepare for. It protects the elite teams in Europe similar to the seeding method for the Champions League. Real can justify that type of spending as they will get the money back through shirt sales, sponsorship, ticket sales etc. It just allows the richest clubs to continue to buy as they please yet poorer clubs will only be able to buy players they can justify financially. Fortunately for us we have already increased our marketing and non football related profits so that we too can keep on spending money. I like the style of the French teams in just paying whatever and sticking a big, money coated, golden finger up at FFP.

Hi guys, as you can see from my post count I don't often say a lot on here.

I thought I'd share a bit of info I've just heard from a rag I work with (he's not a bad lad either to be fair to him). He's mates with a journo who has told him that City are the second club to have bid for Bale. The size of the bid is probably similar to that of the Madrid bid but the terms are far more favorable to Spurs in that we are supposedly willing to pay the fee in two installments rather than the 6 that Madrid are currently offering.

I'll get slammed for this off people on here no doubt (although I don't post a lot I do lurk a lot!). I'm defo no ITK but thought it was interesting. It's more than likely a load of bollocks so make of it what you will.

YaYa said:

I thought I'd share a bit of info I've just heard from a rag I work with (he's not a bad lad either to be fair to him). He's mates with a journo who has told him that City are the second club to have bid for Bale. The size of the bid is probably similar to that of the Madrid bid but the terms are far more favorable to Spurs in that we are supposedly willing to pay the fee in two installments rather than the 6 that Madrid are currently offering.

I'll get slammed for this off people on here no doubt (although I don't post a lot I do lurk a lot!). I'm defo no ITK but thought it was interesting. It's more than likely a load of bollocks so make of it what you will.

even if true id very much doubt bale will consider us as first choice to madrid at the moment.

leewill31 said:
YaYa said:

even if true id very much doubt bale will consider us as first choice to madrid at the moment.

on the other hand we are closer to Cardiff boyos!

leewill31 said:
YaYa said:

Completely agree with you mate, Bale obviously wants Madrid and wouldn't come to us IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.