Gareth Bale

NipHolmes said:
NQCitizen said:
NipHolmes said:
I tell you why Bales a great buy for us. Fear factor. The lad can play either wing and has one of the best strikes in world football, like a homing missile when it leaves his left foot.

We all know it qualities but what nobody has said is the most obvious. He will frighten opposition and they will naturally leave space for other players in the defensive positioning aspect. You let him run and he will either score or create, you have to track him and it takes numerous players out the game in the process. Silva, Aguero etc would be in space they've not seen this season. We all saw what affect Messi had on PSG just from his presence, Bale is similar in this respect.

If I were in charge of the club I'd go for him over any other. Cavani and Falcao included.

I don't think Bale would get a free role here, so already his impact is limited. Within a year of him shooting instead of passing, diving and sprinting aimlessly up and down the line like he's on rails (which he did before he got the free role) I think his fear factor would be lost.

He would play as a wide player not free. He'd be told to make direct runs into the box with each play unless there was a better option in the box. He will score 20+ every season, I'm sure of it. Best British player bar none and getable, we should break our necks going for him. 50m with add-ons to 60m or a player the other way and less cash.

Bit more convinced by that but I always thought wide under Redknapp he was ludicrously overrated. Only under AVB has he really been world class.

35m + Lescott and Guidetti I could live with. Do we think we need Cavani and a centre mid an awful lot more though.

NipHolmes said:
NQCitizen said:
NipHolmes said:
I tell you why Bales a great buy for us. Fear factor. The lad can play either wing and has one of the best strikes in world football, like a homing missile when it leaves his left foot.

We all know it qualities but what nobody has said is the most obvious. He will frighten opposition and they will naturally leave space for other players in the defensive positioning aspect. You let him run and he will either score or create, you have to track him and it takes numerous players out the game in the process. Silva, Aguero etc would be in space they've not seen this season. We all saw what affect Messi had on PSG just from his presence, Bale is similar in this respect.

If I were in charge of the club I'd go for him over any other. Cavani and Falcao included.

I don't think Bale would get a free role here, so already his impact is limited. Within a year of him shooting instead of passing, diving and sprinting aimlessly up and down the line like he's on rails (which he did before he got the free role) I think his fear factor would be lost.

He would play as a wide player not free. He'd be told to make direct runs into the box with each play unless there was a better option in the box. He will score 20+ every season, I'm sure of it. Best British player bar none and getable, we should break our necks going for him. 50m with add-ons to 60m or a player the other way and less cash.

In addition he gives us another commodity we haven't got - pace.
I concur we should make him our priority this summer

Anybody think we will go for him if Chelsea get Cavani?
There aren't really any 'Marquee' players available other than this guy. We might be able to tempt Levy with a 60/65 million bid.

The_Mo said:
Anybody think we will go for him if Chelsea get Cavani?
There aren't really any 'Marquee' players available other than this guy. We might be able to tempt Levy with a 60/65 million bid.

No

He's either staying at Spuds or off to Real.

Anyone who thinks you would get Bale for £35 million plus two of our castoffs is really living in fuckin fantasy land !

Just too much money. Madrid will only buy if they sell Ronaldo. Going nowhere this year is my prediction.

jonmcity said:
Just too much money. Madrid will only buy if they sell Ronaldo. Going nowhere this year is my prediction.

Maybe next year when Madrid offload Ronaldo to the highest bidder.

Bale = Good player, british, therefore overhyped and overrated. Worth £25m. Priced £40+ Ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.