Gas & Electricity

Bring on coal, reopen Agecroft pit. Live for the moment.
All ver6 well opening pits but who the fuck is going to work there? Last time I looked Thatcher killed off most of the miners and last time I looked we weren’t letting anyone in the country unless it’s in a fucking dinghy.

You have absolutely no proof that this is the case...Here's the deal, from experience...
As mad as it sounds, I've met Winnie Mandela... Was part of a Manchester delegation that awarded her a sculpture on behalf of her "struggle" while Nelson was still in prison...Treated her like queen....twenty years later turns out she was a piece of shit...I was duped...Hardest thing i've ever had to admit...some people never admit their mistakes....
Weird analogy. Winnie Mandela turning out to be a wrong 'un has nothing to do with so-called media brainwashing.

Forget resignations, they should all be sacked and OFGEM disbanded!

They are nothing but a puppet organisation the energy companies can use to fleece us with.
When my provider collapsed I was about £300 in debt, despite me constantly telling them to keep my DD at what I wanted, they kept putting it down in one case from £120 to £55, absolutely no way that was right. Turns out a lot of these companies did this to make it look as though were cheap when in fact it was all lies. Now we are all paying for “private” companies, why, there should be an insurance policy put in place to cover this shit, disgraceful and they should all resign.

Because this is not about guns, missiles and civilian casualties, horrible as it all is. This is about power politics and the war of ideas.

The responsibility for this war rests squarely on the shoulders of Putin, but Putin is not mad, he's not a little Hitler and he's not suffering some mental of physical breakdown, he has a rationale for this war and a world view that differs from ours, understanding that is where the solution to this catastrophe lies.
His world view has so far killed tens of thousands of Ukrainians and tens of thousands of his own troops. I'd understand if this was thousands of miles away but it's not, it's literally on the borders of Europe.

This isn't happening because Putin decided he'd had enough of Ukraine being the aggressor, it's because Russia used force to take a huge chunk of Ukraine 8 years ago and now they're trying to finish the job.

This is indeed about power politics and a war of ideas but it's not a domestic one for Russia, it's a global attack on European/US influence and our way of life. Russia has been trying to destabilise the west for years and controlling resources and military influence in Ukraine is all part of it.

How we could ever turn a blind eye to this is beyond me. Russia has literally threatened to nuke Europe if we got involved so how can we be ignorant? The threat is far more monumental than people realise and it goes beyond the price of gas.

His world view has so far killed tens of thousands of Ukrainians and tens of thousands of his own troops. I'd understand if this was thousands of miles away but it's not, it's literally on the borders of Europe.

This isn't happening because Putin decided he'd had enough of Ukraine being the aggressor, it's because Russia used force to take a huge chunk of Ukraine 8 years ago and now they're trying to finish the job.

This is indeed about power politics and a war of ideas but it's not a domestic one for Russia, it's a global attack on European/US influence and our way of life. Russia has been trying to destabilise the west for years and controlling resources and military influence in Ukraine is all part of it.

How we could ever turn a blind eye to this is beyond me. Russia has literally threatened to nuke Europe if we got involved so how can we be ignorant? The threat is far more monumental than people realise and it goes beyond the price of gas.

We turn a blind eye to crisis all the time, we turned a blind eye to the Balkans in the 90s until very late in the day, there's no reason why this should be any different. Ukraine only became a country as part of the Soviet Union in the 1920s, prior to that it had existed as a region in various empires. There's no reason why we should suffer for Ukrainian self determination any more than we should suffer for the Kurds in their quest for nationhood, or the Palestinians or any number of other groups we don't give a fuck about.

NATO and the nuclear deterrent will keep Putin away from anything we actually care about, Russia is not an existential threat to us. The West accepts the concept of spheres of influence when it comes to us, we're being hypocritical not accepting it when it comes to Russia and China.

Last edited:
We turn blind eyes to crisis all the time, we turned a blind eye to the Balkans in the 90s until very late in the day, there's no reason why this should be any different. Ukraine only became a country as part of the Soviet Union in the 1920s, prior to that it had existed as a region in various empires, there's no reason why we should suffer for Ukrainian self determination any more than we should suffer for the Kurds in their quest for nationhood, or the Palestinians or any number of other groups we don't give a fuck about.

NATO and the nuclear deterrent will keep Putin away from anything we actually care about, Russia is not an existential threat to us. The West accepts the concept of spheres of influence when it comes to us, we're just being hypocritical to not accept it when it comes to Russia and China.
Russia is committing genocide in Europe. That's not OK with me.

Well you should be happy to pay the inflated energy bills to pay for it...its about sacrifices mate
I am and that's what I've been saying all along.

I don't know why everybody is getting shirty with me. Go back and read my posts in this thread (and the Ukraine thread) if there is any doubt about where I stand on this issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.