Gas & Electricity

I wasnt calling you anything , it wasnt aimed at you , ihave discussed my circumstances as everyone who is worrying has done ,i have not been telling people what to do

Do you need to worry about bills ?
Course I fucking do .I’ve packed in work to care for my wife with ms because she is getting progressively worse we are living on our work pension and I get a carers allowance so don’t think I’m not under any pressure thanks

But surely you save more than that by not travelling to work
I worked for home for the last decade so it's not really an area I can save on, but driving to the office and back maybe would have cost me less in the current climate, so I could well have been huddling in there daily once it hits freezing.

I think we've got our figures right but just seeing the cost physically on a smart meter was pretty worrying. My wife hates the thing and I can imagine some being driven mad by it's constant monitoring of your usage. She's constantly turning it to the wall and I put it back so I can check were not going over budget.

I worked for home for the last decade so it's not really an area I can save on, but driving to the office and back maybe would have cost me less in the current climate, so I could well have been huddling in there daily once it hits freezing.

I think we've got our figures right but just seeing the cost physically on a smart meter was pretty worrying. My wife hates the thing and I can imagine some being driven mad by it's constant monitoring of your usage. She's constantly turning it to the wall and I put it back so I can check were not going over budget.
You can definitely get obsessed with looking at the thing ,best to stick it in a cupboard out of the way and check it once or twice a week

Course I fucking do .I’ve packed in work to care for my wife with ms because she is getting progressively worse we are living on our work pension and I get a carers allowance so don’t think I’m not under any pressure thanks
Must be worrying as shit on so many levels that, best wishes mate and hope things start to look up soon.

Must be worrying as shit on so many levels that, best wishes mate and hope things start to look up soon.
Thank you Harry, you’ve got to remain positive otherwise you will sink without trace.she is an inspiration to me with her attitude and I would do absolutely anything for her.To cap it all we’ve caught covid in the last week and are suffering a bit but lucky to have good friends who rally round with shopping and making meals for us

Well, I knew it was coming, but, March this year, bag of smokeless coal £3.99 at most local places, now £7.99 at B and M and £5.99 at Aldi, don’t miss a trick do they, can’t see the justification in price doubling for uk coal, unless somebody knows different ?
What size are those bags? I bought some from Wickes last week, 3 x 10kg bags of Brazier for £24, so £8 each 10kg bag. Loving the coals as it lasts into the night & helps maintain a nice warmth overnight.

Last edited:
Thank you Harry, you’ve got to remain positive otherwise you will sink without trace.she is an inspiration to me with her attitude and I would do absolutely anything for her.To cap it all we’ve caught covid in the last week and are suffering a bit but lucky to have good friends who rally round with shopping and making meals for us
No worries mate and yes you have to at such times haven’t you, so glad you have a lot of caring people around you, definitely makes a big difference, and she sounds like a cracking girl and I genuinely wish her and you the very best.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.