Gas & Electricity

Not lying, had no TV, lights, sockets, heating on & my smart metre during boiling moved 45p

True or not people need to be worried these cnts are taking the piss

All my lights are off now, candles, TV, fridge & Internet only on

All internal doors shut to try keep heat in & Christmas l8ghts only 6-8pm

Do another reading after 47 days & see whether trying hard not to use the heating & dave on lights what it actually costs

Just got a feeling no matter how hard you try & save the supliers will still charge you
Don’t forget the standing charge

So just done my updated metre reading.

Dual fuel

47 days

My credit was £790

My bills came to £558

£232 left to play with

I currently pay £240 DD they now want at least £275

Scottish Power.

Anyone who thinks thete lovely little next egg of credit like mine will keep them safe think again these fuckers are hammering every single one of us

I tested my kettle heating up & then heating a pan of water on the hob

Kettle was 45p to fully boil
Hob was 37p
I now boil up & put into a big flask, I also switch off every socket in house when we go to bed apart from fridge & do the same when we go to work
Christmas lights to a minimum & heating now 1 hour in morning & 2 hours at night switching temperature down to 18 that is way enough to get by

Just because we have pre paid metres it shows you these supliers are still charging what they want

Also fixed rate means fuckall to these people everyone will end up paying more because these fuckers will charge you FACT

The £66 they give us doesn't pay for 4 days absalute joke

If people also thing because there on a fixed tariff you will still be charged more 100%

Not one of us know exactly what they are basing these rates, charges at its a fucking mess

I can manage for now but 100% my mum can't Absalutely no chance

Switching good luck with that also

My mate at work is laughing at me because he only pays £120 4 bedroom 4 family, he's got a shock coming when he ends up -£

People need to check emails or if they have the suppliers app & your account then keep checking your messages, please don't think these DD payments will stay the same, update your metre reading & submit see where it takes you after only 2 months I bet 80% see there in credit drop massively

Your using nearly £12 a day, hellfire

You got a hot tub or underfloor heating or something running.

Why aren’t we rioting in the streets? Some horror stories on here.
Agree. Of all the issues people are rightly taking action against in the ways they can, ie striking, this issue affects every single one of us and is appalling. 200-300 a month, per terraced house? Same for everyone either side all the way to the end and back and in front and right through the town, and every town, and every like house in every city? 2 or 300 a month, each, per individual house? Youve got to be having me over. No way. Its a swizz

Just been on the ovo site and was surprised to discover I'm 580 quid in credit ffs. I have been paying 117 a month mind.
They let me apply for a refund of 280, and reduce my dd to 60 a month.
Even with these adjustments, they still predict I'll be 200 in credit in 12 months.
I did think about cancelling the dd, and living of the 580 credit , then paying monthly, as I'm not really happy about them always having some of my money.
It's my fault I know for letting the credit build up, but I'm useless at these things.

I don't mind paying monthly and the energy company sitting with my money.

What pisses me off though is why does it take octopus 3 days to credit my account after the direct debit has been taken (rhetoric question).

Just been on the ovo site and was surprised to discover I'm 580 quid in credit ffs. I have been paying 117 a month mind.
They let me apply for a refund of 280, and reduce my dd to 60 a month.
Even with these adjustments, they still predict I'll be 200 in credit in 12 months.
I did think about cancelling the dd, and living of the 580 credit , then paying monthly, as I'm not really happy about them always having some of my money.
It's my fault I know for letting the credit build up, but I'm useless at these things.
If you can afford the £60DD, I'd keep paying it. The cap will rise again next year and you have no idea what winter will hold. We're over £700 in credit at present with a DD of £90 + £60 from HMG, so that's around £5 per day. We have a pretty efficient apartment lighting and heating wise but are using around £8 per day at present, but crucially we are not going cold or dark. The credit gives me a feeling we will get through this winter OK, and hopefully have some protection for next year too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.