Gas & Electricity

Just done a quick calculation over the last 4 days since it’s been freezing to check what we’ve used, 180KWH in gas which is £18.54 so £4.60 a day so roughly £155 a month including standing charge

Why do people think they won’t pay more over winter on a fixed rate?
Your unit rate is fixed not your consumption.
Use more gas and electricity, like now, and you’ll pay more.
Speaking personally it's because they work out your average for the year from previous readings and then divide by 12.

I was on a 3 year deal that started 4 years ago at £74 a month and that's what I paid every month for the three years. I started a new 3 year deal 12 months back at £128 a month and that's what I'll be paying still in 2 years time. As long as we don't move house or our average usage doesn't massively alter then that's what a fixed deal means.

Boiler managed two hrs , thought i could do without heating but didnt know this really cold snap would happen , be gutted if my dd goes up again having just gone up estimated on last winter , what can you do , worrying

A fixed deal means your unit rate is fixed.
Nothing more, nothing less.
No need for any fancy workings out.

As the £66 is paid on elec is it better to use an electric radiator in one room or use the gas in the hall, no choice with that one , and the one bedroom and on low in the bathroom . Bearing in mind i have to have the boiler flow at maximum ?

Had to have the heating on quite a bit over the past week or so. One of the little ones has tonsillitis and the other a chest infection. Can't have them cold.

I'll have to just worry about it when my next biannual statement comes through

Had to have the heating on quite a bit over the past week or so. One of the little ones has tonsillitis and the other a chest infection. Can't have them cold.

I'll have to just worry about it when my next biannual statement comes through
Are you with edf ? I wish they would go back to quarterly bills , easy to budget

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.